Midface shortening method idea (probably water)

mvp2v1

mvp2v1

Show me your bones & I will show you ur destiny
Midface shortening method:

impact maxilla, lip lift to deal with extra soft tissue, nose job to "lift it up" and make smaller

@RealSurgerymax is there any validity to this idea?

@optimisticzoomer

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
I've thought about this, you would probably need the actual like nose cavity to be shortened though, so the base starts higher up
Cos the main problem with long midface is the nose, and rhino is limited in how much you can lift it

I once thought maybe use some form of paranasal implants to raise the nostrils up, and then shave more of the columella

• +1
Reactions: anticel and mvp2v1
I've thought about this, you would probably need the actual like nose cavity to be shortened though, so the base starts higher up
Cos the main problem with long midface is the nose, and rhino is limited in how much you can lift it

I once thought maybe use some form of paranasal implants to raise the nostrils up, and then shave more of the columella
Screenshot 2024 02 22 at 80034PM

Screenshot 2024 02 22 at 80133PM

Another more extreme idea would be a lf3 but where the impaction is performed on the orbitals. Based on tons of simulations and cases it seems to me that much of vertical growth is found in the orbitals themselves as seen in blue image above.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
View attachment 2762239
View attachment 2762246

Another more extreme idea would be a lf3 but where the impaction is performed on the orbitals. Based on tons of simulations and cases it seems to me that much of vertical growth is found in the orbitals themselves as seen in blue image above.
You would probably still need excess soft tissue removed, but it would probably not be too bad. It's like when people get OBO for hypertelorism and need the extra skin removed, they have a mild scar in the centre, but usually doesn't look too bad

Although I think a lefort impaction in the nose rather than eyes would be more likely to be done, so if excess soft tissue can be removed like with OBO, I don't know why it's not possible/carried out

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1