Mike Mentzer maxxing? (gymcels gtfih)

irrumator praetor

irrumator praetor

Lifting so I can crack nigger and jew skulls
Thoughts on Mike Mentzers philosophy of high intensity workouts?

My man does 1 to 2 sets of an exercise (until failure) but the thing is you're supposed to raise the weight so you fail at around 8th rep and then do forced reps, but you're supposed to hold the weight in place as well its kinda weird + you're supposed to rest for like 5 days lol

• +1
Reactions: subanimal and Seth Walsh

My man does 1 to 2 sets of an exercise (until failure) but the thing is you're supposed to raise the weight so you fail at around 8th rep and then do forced reps, but you're supposed to hold the weight in place as well its kinda weird + you're supposed to rest for like 5 days lol
I started it like 2 weeks ago. Will see how it goes.

• +1
Reactions: subanimal and irrumator praetor

what's your looksmaxing methods?

Nah just saw some videos about HIT
I watching him train this one guy and he goes into a lot of detail lol, hes got rules on how long you're supposed to hold the weight for and everything, dk if they mention that in the videos

• +1
Reactions: subanimal and Seth Walsh
Any lifting routine will work when you’re on 1 gram of test

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 25377 and Inscol
Some will work better than others
You mean the routines that also throw in the “chicken and broccoli” with “sun gazing” and “nofap”

• JFL
Reactions: subanimal and RoundHouse
You mean the routines that also throw in the “chicken and broccoli” with “sun gazing” and “nofap”
Dont forget 3x3 heavy overhead press

• JFL
Reactions: subanimal and Moggedbyevery1
Mike Mentzer had some intriguing and fantastic ideas(promoting quality over quantity). He only focused compounds in his system(the big 3, dips and chinups). But his system went to the other extreme of arnold and nubret. He went from too much work to too little work.

Dorian Yates claimed to use his training methods. However Lee Priest trained with Dorian for a while and said that Yates didn't train differently to any of the other bodybuilders and that he was just trying to give Mentzer a bit of encouragement/publicity because he was friends with Mike. So it may be a scam.

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: subanimal, Deleted member 24347, Deleted member 25377 and 1 other person
Dorian Yates claimed to use his training methods. However Lee Priest trained with Dorian for a while and said that Yates didn't train differently to any of the other bodybuilders and that he was just trying to give Mentzer a bit of encouragement/publicity because he was friends with Mike. So it may be a scam.
yeah but lee priest is a little hormone abusing creep, can't trust lee priest

I've read his books, I've put on maybe 6-7lbs muscle in last 3 months but starting GH today and then moving towards Nandralone cycles once I hit 18

He's a fucking retard, Dorian would pyramid his sets meaning: 2 sets being light warmup and then one set to extreme failure, no warmup sets needed after the muscle group is warmed up.

For example:
Chest
3 Exercises (Fly, Incline Press + Flat)

One Set No Weight Fly
One Set 50% Weight Fly
ONE SET FAILURE FLY
ONE SET FAILURE PRESS
ONE SET FAILURE FLAT

no rest between sets unless needed due to cardiovascular needs.

• +1
Reactions: subanimal
FYI Mentzer was a cocaine/meth addict who died at 50 from a heart attack

>manlet
>nigger

>mog

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Screenshot 2023 03 05 at 171950

Nah, that's bad routine for natties, i'll explain, if needed

A lot of gym guys are fascinated with Mentzer. I don't get it. He's just another bodybuilder to me, with some broscience perspectives.

i tried HIIT, lifting once a week with extreme intensity. i did this for 3 months

i can say that my strength and endurance definitely improved but my physique didn't look much better

now i stick to a PPLR split, 1.5 hours in the gym and 8 sets of 8 for each body part, i split the sets into two different exercises, first a normal lift like benching and second a cable machine for striations and balance