Morphing Tip: COMPACT That Fuarking Midface

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
Here’s a quick tip to solve a problem that I often encounter when I do side profile morphs.

I morphed a subhuman’s side profile along the depth axis, fixin his retruded maxilla and recessed chin. Unfortunately, he looked uncanny in the after, and it was not obvious what exactly the problem was.

The nonmorphed side profile didn’t appear to have a long midface to me, so I kept his nose and mouth at their original vertical levels and made his chin taller. This was a mistake.

After making the 1st morph, I found out that the problem was that his face was too long. I revised the morph, and he looks way better in the new one:

Compact 3

Don’t underestimate the importance of compact midfaces!

Think back to the basics of Mewing and orthotropics. When a face grows in a suboptimal way, it doesn’t just not grow forward; it grows downward as well. So, when you morph subhumans to give them better bone structure, make sure to advance their bones both forwards and upwards, not forwards only.

Mew  i3f0iqbfbdx81

Summary: When morphing recessed faces, just giving them more forward bone projection can look uncanny. Try shortening their vertical facial heights.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, mvp2v1, Spiritualcell and 3 others
Screen Shot 2023 12 18 at 55835 PM

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, BongMog, enchanted_elixir and 1 other person
The first one looks better. Long midface one looks better. Looks more high class and more intelligent.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Shkreliii, the next o'pry, Allornothing and 5 others
The eyebrow looks more uncanny than the midface tbh

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Shkreliii, Allornothing and thecel
first looks way better

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Shkreliii, penispilled and thecel
Midface comparison

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Shkreliii, humanoidsub7, Deleted member 28774 and 3 others

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, BongMog, humanoidsub7 and 3 others
2nd one looks better also. Longer midface looks better. It's like the frame of your face. Bigger frame I guess. Signals better growth. Just as height.
I remember asking people years ago which one is better looking and they said "there's no difference" while all choosing the one on the right.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and thecel
Good morph!
Shows how important a slender head and long midface is for males.

The lack of it is the reason Leo aged badly.
It's not mine though, I found it back when I was on here in 2019 or 2020 I think.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, thecel and ccwarrior
Why would you want to look more ogre by having short midface, I have it myself but longer mogs

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: It'snotover, Shkreliii, penispilled and 2 others
2nd looks so uncanny.

• Woah
  • +1
Good morph!
Shows how important a slender head and long midface is for males.

The lack of it is the reason Leo aged badly.

Slender (dolichocephalic) heads are ideal, but midfaces shouldn’t be “long”. It should have a balanced ratio, not overly compact and not excessively long.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and penispilled
0.95-1.02 midface is ideal. Higher than that its a flaw and becomes SFS. legit no one has higher than that besides barrett and di caprio

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii, penispilled and thecel
0.95-1.02 midface is ideal. Higher than that its a flaw and becomes SFS. legit no one has higher than that besides barrett and di caprio

gigacope

@Aloha 1.1 is ideal

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Deleted member 19968
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii

Attachments

• 3BC8142E-CB68-42E4-9A2A-90DAA87D474E.jpeg
    3BC8142E-CB68-42E4-9A2A-90DAA87D474E.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 0
  • C5CAA387-82EC-42F8-9B56-81E8CDB531ED.jpeg
    C5CAA387-82EC-42F8-9B56-81E8CDB531ED.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 0
  • EF600AA8-1D1B-421F-80D1-9478521026D9.jpeg
    EF600AA8-1D1B-421F-80D1-9478521026D9.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Shkreliii, thecel and penispilled
No, the problem was you fucked up his eyelid. Nothing to do with midface length.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Shkreliii, humanoidsub7 and thecel
All gl male models or hollywood actors have sub 1 midface ratios or 1 at best. Drago 0.97, hexum 0.97, ballou 0.96. Chico and sean have 1:1 or so
Actually long midface is death, longer middle third than upper or lower also low FWHR ( ideal is above 9 but lower than 1.8 it starts to become an issue ). But slightly longer midface is ideal 0.95-1.02 its also dimorphic and masculine. 1:1 is exact ideal

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii, Allornothing and thecel
  • +1
  • JFL
  • +1
  • +1
intresting

• +1
All gl male models or hollywood actors have sub 1 midface ratios or 1 at best. Drago 0.97, hexum 0.97, ballou 0.96. Chico and sean have 1:1 or so
good to know

• +1
Here’s a quick tip to solve a problem that I often encounter when I do side profile morphs.

I morphed a subhuman’s side profile along the depth axis, fixin his retruded maxilla and recessed chin. Unfortunately, he looked uncanny in the after, and it was not obvious what exactly the problem was.

View attachment 2616593

The nonmorphed side profile didn’t appear to have a long midface to me, so I kept his nose and mouth at their original vertical levels and made his chin taller. This was a mistake.

After making the 1st morph, I found out that the problem was that his face was too long. I revised the morph, and he looks way better in the new one:

View attachment 2616623

Don’t underestimate the importance of compact midfaces!

Think back to the basics of Mewing and orthotropics. When a face grows in a suboptimal way, it doesn’t just not grow forward; it grows downward as well. So, when you morph subhumans to give them better bone structure, make sure to advance their bones both forwards and upwards, not forwards only.

View attachment 2616637

Summary: When morphing recessed faces, just giving them more forward bone projection can look uncanny. Try shortening their vertical facial heights.
Water.

• WTF
  • +1