Movie Thread Megathread

I love the feel of that movie. The ending song has been on my old iPod since like 2011
what’s ur favorite movie of all time if you don’t mind me asking, i’m bored and need something to watch tonight

• +1
Reactions: Vermilioncore
what’s ur favorite movie of all time if you don’t mind me asking, i’m bored and need something to watch tonight
The House that Jack Built takes the cake as the one with the most interesting and “cool” movie. Basically the movie I wish I made.

I like Elysium for the action and violence. A great sci fi action movie directed by the great Neil Blomkamp who also directed district 9 and chappie

Also, Dogville but that’s like an art movie so some may think it’s dog shit

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Manletmachine and NorwoodAscender
The House that Jack Built takes the cake as the one with the most interesting and “cool” movie. Basically the movie I wish I made.

I like Elysium for the action and violence. A great sci fi action movie directed by the great Neil Blomkamp who also directed district 9 and chappie

Also, Dogville but that’s like an art movie so some may think it’s dog shit
sounds good. appreciate it man!

• +1
Deep Water (2022)
IMG 2634

Ben affleck plays a seemingly happy normal dude - wealthy, big house, married and a father to a young daughter. But his life isn’t as perfect as it seems, with his wife (ana de armas) being a total slut who constantly fucks around with other men. Whilst he acts like a smiling cuck who doesn’t mind, deep down he’s full of rage and harbours a dark secret - he’s killing the men his wife fucks.

• JFL
187 (1997)

film-review-one-eight-seven.jpg

Samuel L Jackson plays a science teacher in the ghetto. Every student is thug. He fails a nigger in his class so the nigger stabs him 20 times. He miraculously survives it.

15 months later he is healed and begins teaching in Los Angeles in another thug area. I don’t know why he always chooses ghetto schools, but once again every student is a thug and dominates and humiliates him. One student in particular hates Sam Jackson and they become enemies. The thugs body is found in a ditch and his death is ruled an OD.

The thugs friends suspect that Sam killed him. The main bad guy breaks into the classroom and kills a mouse that was in a science tank and scribbles 187 all over Sam’s desk.

Long story short, Samuel L Jackson drugs the main bad guy and cuts his finger off, so the main bad guy hates him even more. At the end the bad guy watches Deer Hunter and gets inspired by the Russian rooulette scene. He finds Samuel L Jackson and forces him to play Russian roulette. Samuel L Jackson isn’t scared since he lost everything. He makes the bad guy look like a pussy in front of his friend. He ends up pulling the trigger too many times and blows his brains out. The spic bad guy feels like a coward and thinks Samuel took his turn, so he gets the gun to take his own turn and blows his own brains out too.

10/10

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine
187 (1997)

film-review-one-eight-seven.jpg

Samuel L Jackson plays a science teacher in the ghetto. Every student is thug. He fails a nigger in his class so the nigger stabs him 20 times. He miraculously survives it.

15 months later he is healed and begins teaching in Los Angeles in another thug area. I don’t know why he always chooses ghetto schools, but once again every student is a thug and dominates and humiliates him. One student in particular hates Sam Jackson and they become enemies. The thugs body is found in a ditch and his death is ruled an OD.

The thugs friends suspect that Sam killed him. The main bad guy breaks into the classroom and kills a mouse that was in a science tank and scribbles 187 all over Sam’s desk.

Long story short, Samuel L Jackson drugs the main bad guy and cuts his finger off, so the main bad guy hates him even more. At the end the bad guy watches Deer Hunter and gets inspired by the Russian rooulette scene. He finds Samuel L Jackson and forces him to play Russian roulette. Samuel L Jackson isn’t scared since he lost everything. He makes the bad guy look like a pussy in front of his friend. He ends up pulling the trigger too many times and blows his brains out. The spic bad guy feels like a coward and thinks Samuel took his turn, so he gets the gun to take his own turn and blows his own brains out too.

10/10
Ain’t no way ☠️ that movie sucked dick

51xa2VoSEZL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

The Last Time (2006)

Michael Keaton is a charismatic salesman from a big company. He meets Brenden Fraser and his wife. Brenden is a new hire at the same company as Keaton. Keaton begins flirting with Brendan’s wife and eventually cucks Brendan. Keaton and the slut have an affair and they try hiding it from Brenden who becomes a sloppy couch potato who is self destructing.

But, things change toward the end of the movie as things take a twist. Keaton isn’t the Chad he thinks he is — he is in fact the one being played like a fiddle.

6/10 good movie. Liked seeing Brenden’s response to being cucked

• JFL
What’s a movie about a guy who gets tattoos but they all look like shit

Men (2022)

p21616435_v_v13_af.jpg

An A24 horror movie about a woman who was in an abusive relationship with a guy. The guy always threatened to kill himself and she got scared. One day they argue and he punches her and she kicks him out of the high rise apartment. He ends up jumping off the building and killing himself as she watches.

Flash forward to the current day; she books a getaway retreat at a cabin. But things begin to get weird as every man she interacts with is either a pervert, a weirdo, or misogynist. Also, every man is literally the same guy. (Basically the writer of the movie is so obviously screaming “muh man = bad”)

Great movie.

7/10 stars

• JFL
The Invisible Man (2020)

Invisible-Man02.png

A woman is in an abusive relationship with her boyfriend. One day she drugs him so he stays asleep and she escapes with the help of her little sister. The boyfriend later kills himself and leaves her millions of dollars.

She woman moves in with her detective friend and his daughter. She starts feeling a presence near her and eventually finds out it’s her abusive ex. He was an engineer. It turns out he never died, so he found a way to become invisible and stalk her and do horrible things such as murder people and frame her for it.

At the end she finds another one of his invisible suits and slits his throat with a knife and fucks her new boyfriend in peace leaving that abusive piece of shit to burn in hell alone forever.

5/10 stars. Kinda boring but I like the plot. @Manletmachine you might like it too.

• JFL
The Doors (1991)
IMG 2734

Movie about the doors, jim Morrison specifically. Extremely brutal to see that 60s rockstar life. Not sure how I can cope knowing big breasted naked women will never storm me on stage.

• +1
Freeway (1996)
IMG 2754

Reese Witherspoon plays a ghetto slut on her way to visit her grandma. She gets picked up by Kiefer Sutherland after her car breaks down and he pretends to be nice at first but then it turns out he’s a serial killer so Reese shoots him. But he survives, albeit he ends up deformed, and she gets arrested for it. Then she breaks out of prison and goes to her granny’s house - only to run into Sutherland instead. She kills him and the movie ends.

7/10

• JFL
Freeway (1996)
View attachment 2830871
Reese Witherspoon plays a ghetto slut on her way to visit her grandma. She gets picked up by Kiefer Sutherland after her car breaks down and he pretends to be nice at first but then it turns out he’s a serial killer so Reese shoots him. But he survives, albeit he ends up deformed, and she gets arrested for it. Then she breaks out of prison and goes to her granny’s house - only to run into Sutherland instead. She kills him and the movie ends.

7/10
Damn seems like she was determined to get to that old bitches house one way or another

• JFL
This Boy’s Life (1993)

EB19930423REVIEWS304230305AR.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio plays the son of a woman who moves to a new town and meets a nice man (Robert Deniro) and hooks up with him. However, Robert Deniro likes to be abusive and resort to violence to teach Leo to behave. Leo hates his new step dad and wants to escape.
At the end he gets into a fight with Robert and the mom smashes a plant over Roberts head and beats him with a broom and they run away together to escape his abuse as he pleads and says “what about me, huh?” As he cries and they happily run off to catch a train.

7/10

Harsh Times (2005)

MV5BMTkxMTA1MDU1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODIxOTY3._V1_.jpg

Christian Bale plays a vet who was discharged from war. Freddy Rodriguez plays his best friend. While Christian is a down on his luck bad boy who does drugs, fucks married girls, and does bad shit, Freddy is the yin to his yang — he’s a married guy with no job just trying to do better in life.

Christian Bale is a bad influence on Freddy. For example, in one scene, Freddy tells his wife he’s going to go out looking for a job, but instead Christian and he end up going out and smoking pot by an abandoned train and drunk driving.

Christian is trying to be a cop but he fails his drug test and things just get worse after that. Christian Bale is a like a psychopath and almost rapes a girl and puts a gun to her head too.

At the end, Christian gets blasted to death by the opps and Freddy is crying telling him he’s such a dumb ass and it was all his fault. As Christian dies, he tells Freddy he loves him like a brother and to finish him off.

Great film. 10/10

Last edited:
  • JFL
What are some movies like Leaving Las Vegas where the main character gives up on life and commits to self destruction
IMG 2902

• JFL
Hollywoodland (2006)
1-11256900122.jpg

Really good mystery/drama movie.

Adrien Brody plays a detective trying to crack the case of George Reeves (Ben Affleck) death. The movie is shown from both Adrien’s point of view as well as showing flashbacks where Ben Affleck is the main character.

Basically Adrien is trying to find out if

A) George Reeves committed suicide

Or

B)George Reeves was murdered

Basically George Reeves was Superman. But that eventually failed and he tried doing commercials and other gimmicks but he failed at that too. Eventually he tries being some other super hero in a new movie but he’s too much of an old fart and even hurts himself trying to jump up and do a move. These are signs that point to suicide. However, he cheated on his wife with a slut so Adrien thinks maybe the wife shot him since he was found with two gunshot wounds.

A great movie. A great ending.

7/10

• +1
First Reformed (2017)
IMG 3008

Ethan hawke plays a lonely alcoholic minister who slowly becomes a radical environmental activist.

8/10

• +1
Small Soldiers (1998)

MV5BMTg4Mzc1OTUyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDY4OTIwMjE@._V1_.jpg

A child buys an action figure from a shop but finds it it’s alive and starts talking about a war that’s gonna happen when his enemies get shipped to the store. The bad toys start a war against the good toys and destroy anything in their way, including the kid and his gf (Kirsten Dunst). Tommy Lee Jones voices the main antagonist toy.

Brutal lookspill because all the good toys are ugly creatures that look like Gollum while all the bad toys are muscular chiseled jaw Chads with charisma.

Last edited:
Men (2022)

p21616435_v_v13_af.jpg

(Basically the writer of the movie is so obviously screaming “muh man = bad”)
Just watched ex machina, by the same writer/director. The message is the complete opposite in it, obviously screaming “muh women are evil and manipulative, turn men against each other and can’t be trusted”

• +1
Just watched ex machina, by the same writer/director. The message is the complete opposite in it, obviously screaming “muh women are evil and manipulative, turn men against each other and can’t be trusted”
Good message what’s anothher movie like that

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss and Manletmachine
looking for film recommendations about a guy who slowly comes to terms with his reality that he is no longer young and that his past is behind him and he needs to grow up. A guy who acts like forest gump