MSE apparently does not expand the nasal passage according to Paul Coceancig

I

Iden

Bronze
Jawhacks had a interview with Paul Coceancig where they discussed MSE, airways and jaw surgery and apperently MSE does no good. It doesn't widen the nasal airway and does no good for you besides making your nostrils wider, and that's debatable according to him. I was going to go through with MSE in the future, but this interview made me think twice about this. I could use the expansion for breathing since most people these days have incompetent facial width + facial width is a plus. Here's the link

I have a class 3 underbite that is mild and my facial width is ok, and I have decent outward gonions. Should I just go ahead with braces and jaw surgery, or should I use MSE to create width for my upper arch and get surgically faciliated orthodontic therapy for my upper and lower to add mass to my arches to relieve crowding in my lower arch, then go with jaw surgery after braces?

• JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
@Vermilioncore

high risk meh reward

high risk meh reward
eleborate. I'm scrolling on Paul's insta page and the shit he is able to do is fucking crazy. He took a guy who almost had all the issues I had and completely changed him. The only difference was that he didnt have a class 3 bite. Gave him outward gonions and everything

he hates MSE as he hates every appliance there is

I think he is lying though claiming MSE doesn't do anything to nasal breathing

how is everyone who has had it saying it's improved their breathing

• Love it
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer
he hates MSE as he hates every appliance there is

I think he is lying though claiming MSE doesn't do anything to nasal breathing

how is everyone who has had it saying it's improved their breathing
everybody has something to sell :lul:. but he did have a point that the size of the nasal holes don't increase, it's just the distance between them, and the soft tissue as well.

Same shit as you I have an underbite and need maxilla expansion. Jaw hacks said he overexpanded but he still looks better 3 years later.

MSE seems more like a long term investment. You need both lateral and forward expansion in many cases if your tongue cannot fit on the roof of the mouth

Same shit as you I have an underbite and need maxilla expansion. Jaw hacks said he overexpanded but he still looks better 3 years later.

MSE seems more like a long term investment. You need both lateral and forward expansion in many cases if your tongue cannot fit on the roof of the mouth
for facial width yea, but his nose width looks uncanny. In the beginning it matched his phenotype, but in the after it looks flared as a mf. If you see this JawHacks, no hate to you, it's just a observation of mine.

MSE can be good depending on your temporals. I have little to no temporal bone on the side of my head, so my cheekbones look bigger than they really are, and if i expand even more it'll look uncanny.

Forward growth is the most important in my case, and in your's. I may take MSE for a spin and expand minimally, like 4 mm just so that I can use headgear and take advantage of the suture. If you use it intensely enough you can get full cheekbone and maxilla movement, maybe even some brow ridge as well.

• +1
Reactions: Zonar
eleborate. I'm scrolling on Paul's insta page and the shit he is able to do is fucking crazy. He took a guy who almost had all the issues I had and completely changed him. The only difference was that he didnt have a class 3 bite. Gave him outward gonions and everything
Mandible expander? How mse gives you outward gonions

• +1
Reactions: niggacum492139
for facial width yea, but his nose width looks uncanny. In the beginning it matched his phenotype, but in the after it looks flared as a mf. If you see this JawHacks, no hate to you, it's just a observation of mine.

MSE can be good depending on your temporals. I have little to no temporal bone on the side of my head, so my cheekbones look bigger than they really are, and if i expand even more it'll look uncanny.

Forward growth is the most important in my case, and in your's. I may take MSE for a spin and expand minimally, like 4 mm just so that I can use headgear and take advantage of the suture. If you use it intensely enough you can get full cheekbone and maxilla movement, maybe even some brow ridge as well.
My goal is 4-6 mm and face mask to advance my recessed maxilla to hopefully fix my underbite.

Idc if I see very little benefit with zygos its more breathing and in 2 years I expect the results to effect my face what people don't understand with MSE is a very small expansion can have massive benefits especially if you also use head gear

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Iden
Mandible expander? How mse gives you outward gonions

I never did any sort of work on my jaw at all. This isn't me, I just saw him do this via jaw surgery