MSE + FM is probably not very good and just a glorified version of regular facepulling

retard

retard

rides a short bus to school
Tbh it is saddens me to make this post but MSE + FM is probably not very good. There have been loads of false information put forth by orthodontists regarding MSE and its capabilities along with other people's false claims who have gotten MSE and its effects. (@varbrah who claimed 5 mm forward growth while only pulling for 8 hours a day while never providing the xrays he claimed he got JFL)

The first blow to MSE was realizing it was not a really bone borne like claimed, and that it is just a regular tooth borne puller (basically the effect as the og @CopeAndRope puller)

Here is a study done on facemask with RME, and the FM is attached to the hyrax. 2.9 mm of forward growth was noted after treatment

They also did a bone anchored modified hyrax group using mini implants just like MSE, and pulled from the same location MSE pulls from.

Guess how much forward growth the "bone anchored" group got?

3mm, brutal

so adding "bone anchorage" gave .1 more mm jfl, other studies that are truly bone anchored, such as BAMP use 1/3 of the force of tooth borne facepullers, and get double the forward growth.

This was the first downfall of MSE + FM, secondly it was the once again falsely propagated idea that MSE opens up the circummaxillary sutures, and the disarticulation of the sutures allows for much faster protraction.

Rapid maxillary expansion produced significant width increases in the intermaxillary, internasal, maxillonasal, frontomaxillary, and frontonasal sutures, whereas the frontozygomatic, zygomaticomaxillary, zygomaticotemporal, and pterygomaxillary sutures showed nonsignificant changes.

Basically palate expansion does jack shit for the circummaxillary sutures (the sutures where forward growth is generated at), there are also many studies that contemplate if palate expansion even aids in maxilla protraction, and while still controversial it is leaning towards the side that it does not.

So now, MSE doesn't do shit to open the sutural system + it is tooth borne, so it really has no advantages over a puller like CopeAndRope's, but any form of tooth borne protraction is really shit for anyone over the age of 13 if there isn't an actual underbite present

It was a good run boyos, but it seems the holy grail of looksmaxxing has yet to be found

disclaimer: mse is still okay in niche scenarios like if u have a generally narrow face, but if u don't, you wouldnt benefit from maxilla widening that much, and facepulling isnt viable, so there would be really no reason to get it unless it was for breathing, esp considering when u have to diastemamaxx for several months

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets, AlwaysHaveQuestions, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 23 others
chief
maxillaologist
of looksmax
@retard with the scoop.

fr though, you're saving people from the hassle of tossing 5k on something that isn't providing much in the long run.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, AsGoodAsItGets, Salience and 10 others
The first blow to MSE was realizing it was not a really bone borne like claimed, and that it is just a regular tooth borne puller (basically the effect as the og @CopeAndRope puller)

Here is a study done on facemask with RME, and the FM is attached to the hyrax. 2.9 mm of forward growth was noted after treatment

They also did a bone anchored modified hyrax group using mini implants just like MSE, and pulled from the same location MSE pulls from.

3mm, brutal
How is that proving its not bone borne? Because it had the same results? Lmao?

• +1
Reactions: randomguy1235, Deleted member 6997 and Deleted member 9467
@retard

1) Would MSE lower a high-arched palate/vault?

2) Would face-pulling be more viable for super narrowcels (I have 33mm imw)

3) Don't different phenotypes/skull shapes have different sutures in the skull? Would this alter the effectiveness of mse?

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
This was the first downfall of MSE + FM, secondly it was the once again falsely propagated idea that MSE opens up the circummaxillary sutures, and the disarticulation of the sutures allows for much faster protraction.

Effects of rapid maxillary expansion on the cranial and circummaxillary sutures
Rapid maxillary expansion produced significant width increases in the intermaxillary, internasal, maxillonasal, frontomaxillary, and frontonasal sutures, whereas the frontozygomatic, zygomaticomaxillary, zygomaticotemporal, and pterygomaxillary sutures showed nonsignificant changes.

Basically palate expansion does jack shit for the circummaxillary sutures (the sutures where forward growth is generated at), there are also many studies that contemplate if palate expansion even aids in maxilla protraction, and while still controversial it is leaning towards the side that it does not.
Do you even understand how forward growth is created via facepulling? Its literally sutural growth, you seem to think we are sliding the maxilla in places with open sutures lmao

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997
Yeah no shit. This stuff is only worthwhile for people using it for function or people who are kids/teens for aesthetic benefit. If you want legitimate change for your maxilla, stuff like Bimax, ZSO, modified osteotomies for cheekbones etc are much better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, oatmeal and Chadrapist
(@varbrah who claimed 5 mm forward growth while only pulling for 8 hours a day while never providing the xrays he claimed he got JFL)
He claims abt 4mm but yeah
Ting said you’re lucky to get 2mm as an adult male...

• +1
Reactions: goat2x and retard
Yeah no shit. This stuff is only worthwhile for people using it for function or people who are kids/teens for aesthetic benefit. If you want legitimate change for your maxilla, stuff like Bimax, ZSO, modified osteotomies for cheekbones etc are much better
Obv, people here seem expect lefort/bimax tier results with mse and fm. Dont get me wrong you can get decent results with it even as an adult, but nothing near jaw surgery

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997, SPFromNY914 and highT
How is that proving its not bone borne? Because it had the same results? Lmao?
the wire of the mse that connects molar band to the expander is extremely flimsy, like a paper clip, which means it cannot withstand the force without deforming, meaning the force has to go into the molar not the mse

@retard

1) Would MSE lower a high-arched palate/vault?

2) Would face-pulling be more viable for super narrowcels (I have 33mm imw)

3) Don't different phenotypes/skull shapes have different sutures in the skull? Would this alter the effectiveness of mse?

1. dont think so

2. itd have no effect

nah some sutures are more interdigitated than others, but for our ages they are all fused 99%

Do you even understand how forward growth is created via facepulling? Its literally sutural growth, you seem to think we are sliding the maxilla in places with open sutures lmao

pull on the maxilla > tension at the circummaxillary sutures > pulls the articulating bones away from each other > connective tissue at the suture generates new bone similar to an epiphyseal plate > maxilla is now forwardly displaced[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
@varbrah who claimed 5 mm forward growth while only pulling for 8 hours a day while never providing the xrays he claimed he got JFL
You just pulling shit out of your ass?

I got 3-4mm of protraction (depending on measurement method). 8-12 hours was the daily minimum amount of time spent protracting - not the maximum.

And why tf would I purchase expensive software and then take time out of my day to make x-ray impositions for low functioning psl autists? I literally don’t care if anyone else gets it

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, SPFromNY914 and 1 other person
You just pulling shit out of your ass?

I got 3-4mm of protraction (depending on measurement method). 8-12 hours was the daily minimum amount of time spent protracting - not the maximum.

And why tf would I purchase expensive software and then take time out of my day to make x-ray impositions for low functioning psl autists? I literally don’t care if anyone else gets it
hm thought it was 5, anyways that is not nearly long enough to get 3-4 mm anyways

@Aeons had mse and did fm at 15, he should of gotten at a minimum 3-4 considering his age but i do not think he got near that

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 3020
im confused so u still get protraction but it just takes more time or should it not be done all together lol.

• +1
Reactions: Pharoah
im confused so u still get protraction but it just takes more time or should it not be done all together lol.
you would if you pulled with high enough force and for a long enough time, but that isnt different from any regular method of maxilla protraction, the reason mse was supposed to be the holy grail was bcus of super speed rates due to bone anchored + open sutures

• +1
Reactions: RichardwillImprove
Zero evidence of achievable facepulling results, all non-surgical measures are cope

• +1
Reactions: Chadrapist
hm thought it was 5, anyways that is not nearly long enough to get 3-4 mm anyways

@Aeons had mse and did fm at 15, he should of gotten at a minimum 3-4 considering his age but i do not think he got near that

Anecdotally all of my protraction occured within the first 2 months or so following sutural disruption.

Keep in mind there are limiting factors to protraction apart from age (although age is the overarching factor), such as an individual’s craniofacial structure/physiology and how this translates to perimaxillary sutural disarticulation on a case-by-case basis.

Btw, if you read some of my older reports on here or TGW, I believe I mentioned I was on:
a) 500-800mg/wk of Test E for 20 weeks + Anavar for 8 weeks
b) GH peptides 3x daily + 25mg MK677 daily

All of the above improve bone growth and metabolism. Might be why I responded better than most.

you would if you pulled with high enough force and for a long enough time, but that isnt different from any regular method of maxilla protraction, the reason mse was supposed to be the holy grail was bcus of super speed rates due to bone anchored + open sutures
so if a person doesnt care about speed of which protraction is achieved pulling for a long time would u still be against pulling from MSE since from my understanding upper maxilla still moves even if it’s tooth born or am I stupid lol.
]

i have MSE and fm and I can confirm it’s not what we expected. Brutal

bimax will remain the king

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: ascentium and retard
Obv, people here seem expect lefort/bimax tier results with mse and fm. Dont get me wrong you can get decent results with it even as an adult, but nothing near jaw surgery

Yeah I would rather just suck up the 1 bad week of recovery and get superior results than spend 3 months with my palette slowly opening and get minimal results.

Yeah I would rather just suck up the 1 bad week of recovery and get superior results than spend 3 months with my palette slowly opening and get minimal results.
Theres a lot more to it than just 1 bad week of recovery lol

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997, Mongrelcel, SPFromNY914 and 1 other person
Theres a lot more to it than just 1 bad week of recovery lol

Nah the worst is the first 3-4 days. Then it becomes way easier.

• +1
Reactions: highT
@retard so would you still recommend pulling for someone with a 2mm underbite? Will being tooth borne still move the entire maxilla, giving me under eye improvement?

But doing MSE in attempt get changes from chewing works. You've stated it yourself, so the only benefit we get from MSE is if we are going to do chewing and mewing.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
But doing MSE in attempt get changes from chewing works. You've stated it yourself, so the only benefit we get from MSE is if we are going to do chewing and mewing.

View attachment 877711 View attachment 877714
ya tbh there are too many variables we can’t account for to make that conclusion though

1. he had surgical assist too which could of altered results
2. He was chewing like a maniac (8 hours a day) which hasn’t been done before, it could end up being completely possible to get those results without mse/surgical assist

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
ya tbh there are too many variables we can’t account for to make that conclusion though

1. he had surgical assist too which could of altered results
2. He was chewing like a maniac (8 hours a day) which hasn’t been done before, it could end up being completely possible to get those results without mse/surgical assist
We will draw the conclusion after the x ray's done

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 5891 and retard

what changes did u get lol.

• +1
Reactions: ascentium, highT, Good_Little_Goy and 1 other person
@retard how effective do you think downward pulling is? for downward growth obv, easier to achieve than forward growth??

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6997
@retard so would you still recommend pulling for someone with a 2mm underbite? Will being tooth borne still move the entire maxilla, giving me under eye improvement?
it would be so insignificant it wouldn’t be noticeable tbh
@retard how effective do you think downward pulling is? for downward growth obv, easier to achieve than forward growth??
tbh idk if it really would be that much easier, maybe very slightly since the sutures are facing downwards, it might be easier to csuse a disarticulation

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6382
laterally prominent zygos, wider smile, wider mouth all from mse, FM didn’t do much aesthetically
Any improvements in under eye support/dark circles?

Any improvements in under eye support/dark circles?
idk never really had dark circles, but I still have a negative orbital vector

• So Sad
Reactions: Incoming
idk never really had dark circles, but I still have a negative orbital vector
how much movement did u get and how long did u wear it for.

damn rip, im not getting mse anymore because it is going to fuck up my es ratio tbh

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
Tbh it is saddens me to make this post but MSE + FM is probably not very good. There have been loads of false information put forth by orthodontists regarding MSE and its capabilities along with other people's false claims who have gotten MSE and its effects. (@varbrah who claimed 5 mm forward growth while only pulling for 8 hours a day while never providing the xrays he claimed he got JFL)

3mm, brutal

so adding "bone anchorage" gave .1 more mm jfl, other studies that are truly bone anchored, such as BAMP use 1/3 of the force of tooth borne facepullers, and get double the forward growth.

So now, MSE doesn't do shit to open the sutural system + it is tooth borne, so it really has no advantages over a puller like CopeAndRope's, but any form of tooth borne protraction is really shit for anyone over the age of 13 if there isn't an actual underbite present

It was a good run boyos, but it seems the holy grail of looksmaxxing has yet to be found

disclaimer: mse is still okay in niche scenarios like if u have a generally narrow face, but if u don't, you wouldnt benefit from maxilla widening that much, and facepulling isnt viable, so there would be really no reason to get it unless it was for breathing, esp considering when u have to diastemamaxx for several months
Well what about MSE+BAMP then? sergio said one could use both BAMP and a FM at the same time.

Well what about MSE+BAMP then? sergio said one could use both BAMP and a FM at the same time.
dude just get MSE and bimax

• +1
Reactions: Sergio-OMS and Incoming
dude just get MSE and bimax
LEFORT doesnt even improve the undereyes which is the most important thing for me

I'd need a bimax + mse + implants and it would be like 5 times more expensive too and I don't want that

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
LEFORT doesnt even improve the undereyes which is the most important thing for me

I'd need a bimax + mse + implants and it would be like 5 times more expensive too and I don't want that
modified lefort 3

• JFL
Reactions: spark
FM also gives a CW rotation unless you're using a special two direction puller.

Do you think you got any forward protraction like at least 1 mm? Also how long do you wear it each day and how much are you expanding with MSE?

Do you think you got any forward protraction like at least 1 mm? Also how long do you wear it each day and how much are you expanding with MSE?
i definitely got protraction, my ortho showed me my Upper incisors before and after and they moved a lot. I wore at like 20 hrs a day on average, my ortho wants me to slow it down to 12 hrs because ive gotten too much protraction. 8mm with mse

i definitely got protraction, my ortho showed me my Upper incisors before and after and they moved a lot. I wore at like 20 hrs a day on average, my ortho wants me to slow it down to 12 hrs because ive gotten too much protraction. 8mm with mse
So you're getting so much protection you have to slow down, but it's not what you thought? What exactly were you expecting? Lefort 3?

theres really no reason to do the MSE with the BAMP, unless you specifically needed maxillary widening, and BAMP doesn't work on kids older than like 14 due to the very low forces used, and if you try higher forces the implants destabalize

• So Sad
Reactions: tyronelite
So you're getting so much protection you have to slow down, but it's not what you thought? What exactly were you expecting? Lefort 3?
tooth borne protraction doesnt offer any aesthetic benefit like skeletal does, anytime u use a tooth borne puller u will get a combo of both, primarily tooth movement

Fuck man.. I had high hopes. I guess I'll just stick to invisalign

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 10524, goat2x and retard
no the midface protraction didnt really do much aesthetic benefit, i have to slow down because my overjet is getting worse.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mvp2v1 and Gremblo
theres really no reason to do the MSE with the BAMP, unless you specifically needed maxillary widening, and BAMP doesn't work on kids older than like 14 due to the very low forces used, and if you try higher forces the implants destabalize
Sergio said he uses bamp. Also if BAMP is better for kids than FM and FM works in adults then why BAMP wouldn't?

Sergio said he uses bamp. Also if BAMP is better for kids than FM and FM works in adults then why BAMP wouldn't?
there is a threshold of force required once the sutures are closed, with open sutures bamp is god tier, with closed sutures u need to load the fuck out of a facemask to distract the sutures in order to get some level of growth

there is a threshold of force required once the sutures are closed, with open sutures bamp is god tier, with closed sutures u need to load the fuck out of a facemask to distract the sutures in order to get some level of growth
you open the midpalatal suture with MSE

Fucking suifuel
Why are orthodontists so fucking deceptive?
Greatly appreciate your write up @retard bro, it’s much appreciated

• +1
Reactions: retard
you open the midpalatal suture with MSE
ye but that does nothing for the circummax sutures and that’s what really needs to be opened