Exploring the alternatives to Lefort

RaiseMyT

RaiseMyT

AnimeMaxxing
[Disclaimer: if you have a subhuman maxilla this post is probably not for you as you as your maxilla might be too far regressed and you should probably just moneymaxx for surgery or wait for spaceforce to go into space and make public alien technology to fix your subhuman maxilla (10-20 years)]

What’s up boys.
With just mewing this is as good as it’s going to get.
I started mewing in 2014, working on my posture and hitting the gym. Made some progress:
2014 vs 2020

[My maxilla is obviously still recessed and my lower teeth are actually properly behind my upper teeth so my mandible is recessed too.]

You can’t drastically change your bone structure with posture alone as an adult (but good posture > bad posture)
So I decided I need external help and got a biobloc + facemask.
After 1 month of using it I’m not convinced.
Biobloc definitely gives you transverse expansion and could help you age more gracefully by not letting your skull melt but it probably won’t help much if you’re molten already.
Gains you make with biobloc are initially more tooth-borne and can flare your teeth as an adult, while MSE will give you a lot more expansion on the skeletal level.
The above rules out biobloc for me. Byebloc

Lefort 1 VS MSE + Pull device

MSE:

So I’ve been looking into MSE + facemask. And not the standard flimsy facemask but an actual well constructed anchored device.
Either to the neck like ’The crane’ or the neck and the forehead like ’The Bow’. So I can pull with at least 1kg of force for 20 hours a day for at least 6 months during the actual expansion of MSE.

During the expansion the suture of the maxilla splits and the idea is that the sutures around the maxilla like the zygomaticomaxillary become more lose.

Dr. Won Moon does lectures on these and shares his results.
At 10:04 you can actually see significant protraction on skeletal level in a 30 year old patient using the MSE + flimsy facemask:

Lefort1:
The idea with lefort 1 is that they cut your maxilla transversally, shove it forward and screw it together.
This can definitely give you great results and improve your looks.

The problem with Lefort1:
It doesn’t include the higher maxilla.
So you might not get a forward growth look of the higher parts of the maxilla and you can tell by the skeletal picture that those areas are not unimportant.

Conclusion:
MSE + Facemask might get you a better results than Lefort 1 when it comes to complete maxillary protraction.

I’m sure in the future it’ll be so easy to move and manipulate skeletal plates through the sutures but MSE + Facemask seems to be the best solution to attain forward growth in the maxilla for now.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Yerico7, randomvanish, Deleted member 6403 and 3 others
another day another greycel mew jester

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Manfrommars, Deleted member 10615, Deleted member 2729 and 14 others
another day another greycel mew jester
So you didn’t read it. I’m basically saying mewing doesn’t work other than good posture > bad posture.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Selinity, datboijj and Lolcel
literally 0 progress ngl

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Acromegaly_Chad
mewing worked for your hyoid

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab, datboijj and RaiseMyT
this nigga got negative results after 4 years mewing. @Mikemew, explain yourself

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad and datboijj
bimax, implants and rhino >>>

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: SPFromNY914, randomvanish and pizza
unfortunately only lefort 2 and 3 affect the triangle (most important part)

• +1
Reactions: thecel
unfortunately only lefort 2 and 3 affect the triangle (most important part)
If that’s truly the case I‘ll just go back to moneymaxxing and wait for new tech.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
If that’s truly the case I‘ll just go back to moneymaxxing and wait for new tech.
the question is, how did i convince a surgeon to do lefort 2 or 3 not just 1?

THere is a facepulling bone anchorage procedure that pulls through the top of the nasal floor, with the pulling coming out of the actual nasal opening that protracted an Asian face many mm. It looked experimental so it likely wounldnt be available to the public for asthetic reasons.

There seems to be more experimentation in Asia due to their recessed faces, most of the promising stuff seems to be coming from there.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3635, datboijj and RaiseMyT
the question is, how did i convince a surgeon to do lefort 2 or 3 not just 1?
How did you? And what‘s the risk?

• +1
Reactions: pizza
THere is a facepulling bone anchorage procedure that pulls through the top of the nasal floor, with the pulling coming out of the actual nasal opening that protracted an Asian face many mm. It looked experimental so it likely wounldnt be available to the public for asthetic reasons.

There seems to be more experimentation in Asia due to their recessed faces, most of the promising stuff seems to be coming from there.
Do you have a link?

How did you? And what‘s the risk?
i will do some hardmaxxings soon, but my surgeon will probably only do lf1 (as well as 90% since i am not extremely deformed) i will ask him in the next consultation if he has any possibility of doing 2 or 3

[Disclaimer: if you have a subhuman maxilla this post is probably not for you as you as your maxilla might be too far regressed and you should probably just moneymaxx for surgery or wait for spaceforce to go into space and make public alien technology to fix your subhuman maxilla (10-20 years)]

What’s up boys.
With just mewing this is as good as it’s going to get.
I started mewing in 2014, working on my posture and hitting the gym. Made some progress:
2014 vs 2020
View attachment 1101288
[My maxilla is obviously still recessed and my lower teeth are actually properly behind my upper teeth so my mandible is recessed too.]

You can’t drastically change your bone structure with posture alone as an adult (but good posture > bad posture)
So I decided I need external help and got a biobloc + facemask.
After 1 month of using it I’m not convinced.
Biobloc definitely gives you transverse expansion and could help you age more gracefully by not letting your skull melt but it probably won’t help much if you’re molten already.
Gains you make with biobloc are initially more tooth-borne and can flare your teeth as an adult, while MSE will give you a lot more expansion on the skeletal level.
The above rules out biobloc for me. Byebloc

Lefort 1 VS MSE + Pull device

MSE:

So I’ve been looking into MSE + facemask. And not the standard flimsy facemask but an actual well constructed anchored device.
Either to the neck like ’The crane’ or the neck and the forehead like ’The Bow’. So I can pull with at least 1kg of force for 20 hours a day for at least 6 months during the actual expansion of MSE.

During the expansion the suture of the maxilla splits and the idea is that the sutures around the maxilla like the zygomaticomaxillary become more lose.View attachment 1101404

Dr. Won Moon does lectures on these and shares his results.
At 10:04 you can actually see significant protraction on skeletal level in a 30 year old patient using the MSE + flimsy facemask:

Lefort1:
The idea with lefort 1 is that they cut your maxilla transversally, shove it forward and screw it together.
This can definitely give you great results and improve your looks.

The problem with Lefort1:
So you might not get a forward growth look of the higher parts of the maxilla and you can tell by the skeletal picture that those areas are not unimportant.

Conclusion:
MSE + Facemask might get you a better results than Lefort 1 when it comes to complete maxillary protraction.

I’m sure in the future it’ll be so easy to move and manipulate skeletal plates through the sutures but MSE + Facemask seems to be the best solution to attain forward growth in the maxilla for now.

Wrong time stamp, Won Moon shows good intersutural maxillary results at 8:30

Last edited:
i will do some hardmaxxings soon, but my surgeon will probably only do lf1 (as well as 90% since i am not extremely deformed) i will ask him in the next consultation if he has any possibility of doing 2 or 3
as far as i remember lefort 3 has a certain risk of blindness, but the chances are small, and life is too short to be ugly

• +1
Reactions: RaiseMyT
as far as i remember lefort 3 has a certain risk of blindness, but the chances are small, and life is too short to be ugly
Life is way way too short...
Check out 8:30 in the video though. Won Moon shows pretty substantial maxillary protraction

• Love it
Reactions: pizza
Check out 8:30 in the video though. Won Moon shows pretty substantial maxillary protraction
The thing I havnt seen discussed is viability of protraction on different racial phenotypes. Would protraction benefit flatter faces or more western faces?

The thing I havnt seen discussed is viability of protraction on different racial phenotypes. Would protraction benefit flatter faces or more western faces?
Aestheticly and functionally, if you're recessed, I imagine it would benefit every phenotype.

But you're probably getting at the fact that an asian phenotype's 'natural blueprint' so to speak, is more flat and recessed anyway.
And wether it would be beneficial to create a more western type of face through protraction of the maxilla?

I would say aesthetically yes, functionally I don't know.

• +1
Reactions: Agendum
unfortunately my palate is too wide for get mse, i have been to 3 different maxillo facial surgeons and everyone said that i have a wide palate and a huge nasal cavity

unfortunately my palate is too wide for get mse, i have been to 3 different maxillo facial surgeons and everyone said that i have a wide palate and a huge nasal cavity
That's unfortunate man. You know your intermolarwidth?

That's another reason I quit the biobloc: my intermolar width was already 42mm and is now probably 44mm, shouldn't go over that if I want to use MSE.

That's unfortunate man. You know your intermolarwidth?

That's another reason I quit the biobloc: my intermolar width was already 42mm and is now probably 44mm, shouldn't go over that if I want to use MSE.
no, i need to retrieve my orthodontic documentation, i will do a facial tomography soon should probably show that too,but not everything is bad for me, since mewing depends on the pressure of the palate against the maxilla (I think you got the idea)

find me a surgeon who will do lefort 3 on me and I wll do it, promise

MSE + facemask is garbage

MSE + facemask is garbage
Not really but it is not the holy grail. For adults you will only get 3mm of forward expansion that is great if you are less recsesd then 10mm

• +1
Reactions: RaiseMyT
So you might not get a forward growth look of the higher parts of the maxilla and you can tell by the skeletal picture that those areas are not unimportant
you heard of zygomatic osteotomy? it looks like the best option besides lefort 2 aesthetic wise

you heard of zygomatic osteotomy? it looks like the best option besides lefort 2 aesthetic wise
Are there any pics of an actual Lefort 2? All I see are bimax’s with Lefort 1’s and BSSO

Are there any pics of an actual Lefort 2? All I see are bimax’s with Lefort 1’s and BSSO
zygo osteothomy is not lefort 2 just an alternative imo for your higher midface

zygo osteothomy is not lefort 2 just an alternative imo for your higher midface
No I meant I can’t seem to find any legit Lefort 2’s on the internet, only Lefort 1 and some 3’s

What’s a face mask

Not really but it is not the holy grail. For adults you will only get 3mm of forward expansion that is great if you are less recsesd then 10mm
even this sounds very optimistic