My therapist told me I have probably have BDD

D

Deleted member 1084

Gold
He said one of the main signs is obsessive "checking", like looking in the mirror and taking selfies, which I do all the time. Also things I do like researching the science of attractiveness, thinking of facial surgeries, constantly comparing myself to others, etc. I probably came across this site originally because it is BDD central. I am starting cognitive behavioral therapy with him which means I have to spend less time thinking about my appearance, and hence I probably should spend less time here going forward. But it will be hard to stop because it is a subset of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Am I blue pilled for even talking to a therapist about this stuff or should I make the changes he is recommending?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lorsss, kobecel and mojopin
i have FDD, tbh

• +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel
Honestly I think this site will be fine for me as long as I use it healthily and take the content with a grain of salt.

Your therapist is aa bluepilled shill trying to prescribe you bluepills.

What do u think he's gonna say? "Fuark u are an ugly cunt just rope buddyboyo"? No he's gonna charge u $200 and book u a new appointment for next week and every week for the next ten years.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gladiator, Ritalincel, CupOfCoffee and 10 others
BDD = low IQ fabricated "disease" by even lower IQ foids

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gladiator, kobecel, Deleted member 470 and 2 others
Your therapist is aa bluepilled shill trying to prescribe you bluepills.

What do u think he's gonna say? "Fuark u are an ugly cunt just rope buddyboyo"? No he's gonna charge u $200 and book u a new appointment for next week and every week for the next ten years.
Yeah you’re right, idk why I ever took what he said seriously. My parents are the ones making me see him, at least they’re the ones paying for it.
BDD = low IQ fabricated "disease" by even lower IQ foids
My therapist is a guy which gives him some credibility with me. I wouldn’t take anything a foid therapist said seriously.
i have FDD, tbh
What is fdd

We all do bud but trying to make it go away is cope to the core

JFL at BDD.

No conventionally attraxtive person ever seems to have it. That tells me all I need to know about BDD.

What I didn’t make clear to him is that when I look and the mirror and take selfies, I’m admiring myself more so than I am criticizing myself. So the “issue” would probably be NPD rather than BDD (I’m not sure if any of these things actually exist, just using the common terminology). I’m here to become even better looking, not to ascend from “incel to normie” or something like that.

Therapy is bluepilled cope
Don't go to therapy and save your money for roids and looksmaxxing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1084, kirbyparks and SeiGun
It’s only BDD if you’re 7/10+. If you’re sub 5 your concerns about your appearance are justified.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: RichardSpencel, kobecel and Deleted member 1084