Narrow bite and braces?

Juris

Juris

Bronze
I have very bad bite.. my teeth are all straight but i have my bite in U shape .. will braces make my face and palate more wider considering i say to my dentist to make the teeth more rounder ?

Yes they can (dental arch, not face).
You can get surgery to assist braces (corticotomies, where they cut into your alveolar bone and put bone grafts to make it stronger and accelerate tooth movement). It is stable and safe AFAIK and it shortens treatment time by 6-8 months.

Another option would be palate expansion with a custom bone anchored expander, this will get you more palate width, up to 18mm. Can be combined with corticotomies too.

If you have a bad bite, consult with a maxillofacial surgeon, as they come with skeletal deficiencies most of the time and you may need jaw surgery in addition to braces to have a proper bite and jaw alignment.

• Love it
Reactions: ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry
You can get surgery to assist braces (corticotomies, where they cut into your alveolar bone and put bone grafts to make it stronger and accelerate tooth movement). It is stable and safe AFAIK and it shortens treatment time by 6-8 months.

Another option would be palate expansion with a custom bone anchored expander, this will get you more palate width, up to 18mm. Can be combined with corticotomies too.

If you have a bad bite, consult with a maxillofacial surgeon, as they come with skeletal deficiencies most of the time and you may need jaw surgery in addition to braces to have a proper bite and jaw alignment.
i have good bite, but flat cheekbones, and my ramus on both sides is pointing inwards due to side sleeping since young age. My ramus lenght is 7cm. I am 173 cm in height. my lower teeth are in U shape and the wisdom teeth are pointed inwards. I thought maybe correcting it with braces to make it rounder and in right angle it will make my ramus push to the side more.

You mentioned palate expansion, but it will only move the upper dental arch no?

i have good bite, but flat cheekbones, and my ramus on both sides is pointing inwards due to side sleeping since young age. My ramus lenght is 7cm. I am 173 cm in height. my lower teeth are in U shape and the wisdom teeth are pointed inwards. I thought maybe correcting it with braces to make it rounder and in right angle it will make my ramus push to the side more.

You mentioned palate expansion, but it will only move the upper dental arch no?

You can get expansion for the lower jaw too (MSDO/MMDO) but it's quite rare.
If you have a class 1 bite and not recessed jaw in side profile, your palate is normal width but your teeth are tilted inwards, then yes get braces/corticotomies to make the smile wider and fuller.
Braces or expansion won't alter your ramus btw.

• Love it
If you have a class 1 bite and not recessed jaw in side profile, your palate is normal width but your teeth are tilted inwards, then yes get braces/corticotomies to make the smile wider and fuller.
i know it will not affect my ramus, but the lenght is there but my ramus is by not natural force pushed inwards,, side sleeping... so only pushing it to side by making teeth to go more to side?

i know it will not affect my ramus, but the lenght is there but my ramus is by not natural force pushed inwards,, side sleeping... so only pushing it to side by making teeth to go more to side?

No

fuck then, anyway do you know estimate cost of surgeries you mentioned?

Idk, depends on where you live and how much the dr wants to charge you.
In Spain, getting a wider smile with corticotimies or palate expansion + aligners costs around 10k eur, probably a lot more expensive in the US.

but im telling you bro, my cheekbones are really flat, my nose have like zero bridge coming outwards , and i have wrinkles like uchiha itachi from lack of support in that area

but im telling you bro, my cheekbones are really flat, my nose have like zero bridge coming outwards , and i have wrinkles like uchiha itachi from lack of support in that area

Custom infraorbital malar implants and rhinoplasty is what you want then.

is there way to fill at least few milimetres of cheekbones naturally? im 20..

No, only surgery.

also i dont mew ... cause of tongue tie. i will have it removed soon

Good luck! Btw have correct oral posture ("mewing"), but don't do it as it is a sport or some shit like that ("hard mewing"), because that's dumb af. Correct oral posture is something your body must do naturally, just learn to do it after getting the tongue tie removed. Don't fall for the mewing meme.

No, only surgery.

Good luck! Btw have correct oral posture ("mewing"), but don't do it as it is a sport or some shit like that ("hard mewing"), because that's dumb af. Correct oral posture is something your body must do naturally, just learn to do it after getting the tongue tie removed. Don't fall for the mewing meme.
i thought with time i will see some improvement if i start mewing

i thought with time i will see some improvement if i start mewing

Having correct oral posture will prevent you from becoming recessed, but It will not give you extra forward growth.

You are a bit late for that, only children (under 10-8 years old) can get extra forward growth from that...and even some of them might need surgery after to become fully forward grown.

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
Having correct oral posture will prevent you from becoming recessed, but It will not give you extra forward growth.

You are a bit late for that, only children (under 10-8 years old) can get extra forward growth from that...and even some of them might need surgery after to become fully forward grown.
how long is ohiltrhum in avi?

how long is ohiltrhum in avi?

That started as me and became like that after adding multiple faces. It looks different to me but the midface ratio, eyes length and skull height seem to be the same, so I guess the philtrum is the same length as mine (around 14-15mm).

My avi is pretty much how I want to look like btw.

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
That started as me and became like that after adding multiple faces. It looks different to me but the midface ratio, eyes length and skull height seem to be the same, so I guess the philtrum is the same length as mine (around 14-15mm).

My avi is pretty much how I want to look like btw.
i look like mix of josh hartnett and jensen ackles lol, who you mixed up with in your avi?

i look like mix of josh hartnett and jensen ackles lol, who you mixed up with in your avi?

That's good!

It's the result of months using multifaceblender. It probably has over 30 people mixed tbh.
I would look like that with a better hairline, much denser eyebrows, narrower and more projected cheekbones, wider jaw and chin, higher nosebridge and fuller lips with more upturned corners...basically my surgery plan ngl.

That's good!

It's the result of months using multifaceblender. It probably has over 30 people mixed tbh.
I would look like that with a better hairline, much denser eyebrows, narrower and more projected cheekbones, wider jaw and chin, higher nosebridge and fuller lips with more upturned corners...basically my surgery plan ngl.
with so much surgeries doesnt that make you look unnatural?

That's good!

if i won lotery i would surgery max asf bro, hire pro fitness coach etc and would be at least 8psl loll

• +1
Reactions: NegativeNorwood
with so much surgeries doesnt that make you look unnatural?

They shouldn't if well done (big if).

if i won lotery i would surgery max asf bro, hire pro fitness coach etc and would be at least 8psl loll

You can always work and ask for loans too. Being 8 PSL would open may doors for you money wise (modelling, Tik Tok, Instagram, etc)

They shouldn't if well done (big if).

You can always work and ask for loans too. Being 8 PSL would open may doors for you money wise (modelling, Tik Tok, Instagram, etc)
I dont think so .. im only 173 cm ..

I dont think so .. im only 173 cm ..

Me too. Face is king, 8 PSL will go viral and get lots of money from social media. The algorithm is designed for that, to push pretty faces on wealthy looking backgrounds to attract more users to the platform.

• +1
Me too. Face is king, 8 PSL will go viral and get lots of money from social media. The algorithm is designed for that, to push pretty faces on wealthy looking backgrounds to attract more users to the platform.
Do you think turkey is good place for palate expansion surgery? What about pain?

Lot of things you dont know

Sure, but at least I know how to use the forum's search function.
Not going to spoon feed you anymore, good luck getting a wider jaw with braces or MARPE lmao

Sure, but at least I know how to use the forum's search function.
Not going to spoon feed you anymore, good luck getting a wider jaw with braces or MARPE lmao
i will, besides you dreaming you was your avi lol

@andy9432 read this golden thread