Need help choosing cheap red light lamp

T

theanonymousone

Bronze
Hi

What do you guys think of this cheap red light lamp (already put together since I'm not handy at all), price is $18:

ABI LED Light Bulb for Red Light Therapy, 660nm Deep Red, 24W Class

The ABI deep red LED light bulb emits the most powerful therapeutic red light wavelength of 660nm
50,000+ hour service life • 3-year manufacturer's warranty • Assembled in the USA • Fits a standard household E26 socket • 100-240V AC input
LEDs: 12pcs 660nm Deep Red • Nominal Rating: 24W (12x2W) Class • Power Draw: 14W • Beam Angle: 30-degree
Irradiance: 51.8 mW/cm² (6" distance); 26.8 mW/cm² (12" distance)
Energy per 5 minutes: 15.5 joules/cm² (6" distance); 8.0 joules/cm² (12" distance)

I'm going to buy an E26 socket cord and hook the lamp up to it and just hold it towards my face at night, I don't really need any kind of stand for it.

One thing is that this doesn't mention "near-infrared" bulbs, should I look for one with those too? There's another one for $34 that has 660nm deep red and 850nm near infrared combo at 54 watts. Should I get that instead?

Specs for second one with near infrared bulbs:

The ABI deep red and near infrared combo LED light bulb emits the most powerful therapeutic wavelengths of 660nm and 850nm. Infrared light is invisible to the naked eye so when using this bulb only half of the chips will appear illuminated.
50,000+ hour service life • 3-year manufacturer's warranty • Assembled in the USA • Fits a standard household E26 socket • 100-240V AC input
LEDs: 9pcs 660nm Deep Red + 9pcs 850nm Near Infrared • Nominal Rating: 54W (18x3W) Class • Power Draw: 27W • Beam Angle: 60-degree • Internal cooling fan
Irradiance: 89.3 mW/cm² (6" distance); 46.0 mW/cm² (12" distance)
Energy per 5 minutes: 26.8 joules/cm² (6" distance); 13.8 joules/cm² (12" distance)

Also, what kind of wattage should I look for?

And should I wear sunglasses while using it?

Thanks

What's red light therapy?

• Woah
Reactions: theanonymousone
What's red light therapy?

And apparently you can make your own incredibly cheap version.

And apparently you can make your own incredibly cheap version.
Shit, that's cool as, I'll have to give it a shot at some point

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone
Shit, that's cool as, I'll have to give it a shot at some point

Sounds pretty legit, there's really expensive red light devices but you can make your own or buy a cheap lamp like the ones I mentioned.

So does a red light device have to have near-infrared 850 too, or is just 660nm red ok?