Which of these two RLT devices are better?

T

theanonymousone

Bronze
Hi

I'm continuing to narrow down my search for a good but cheap(ish) RLT device, and I have come down to maybe two choices, but I'm not sure if the more expensive one is worth it. Here are the specs:

HG300: https://hoogahealth.com/collections/red-light-therapy-devices

About $150

HG300
  • Actual Consumption:80W
  • Dimensions:12 X 9 X 3 Inches
  • Wavelengths:660Nm 850Nm 1:1
  • LEDs:60 X 5W
  • Irradiance:>100Mw/Cm2
  • Weight:5.5Lb
  • Beam Angle:60 Degree
  • # of Cooling Fans:1
  • Low EMF:
    tick-icon.png
  • Warranty2 Years
  • Treatment Area:Targeted
MitoMIN: https://mitoredlight.com/collections/mitored/products/mitomin

About $240, the difference is that this one claims 300W, which the first one is apparently about 80W.

Super charged, high powered targeted treatment with the MitoMIN 300w 60 LED red light therapy device. Best value targeted red light therapy panel available on the market. Compare to lower-powered similar sized models priced at $399. Whisper quiet fan keeps LEDs cool ensuring 50,000+ hour lifespan. Dual switches, one each for 660nm (Red) and 850nm (NIR), allow for full customization of the session. Use Red, NIR or both at the same time! Highest irradiance on the market. Full 2 Year Warranty.

Specifications
Size
: 13" X 9" X 3"
LEDs: 60 x 5w
Wavelengths: Enhanced Spectral Energy Output™ : 50% Red (peak power 660nm) and 50% NIR (peak power 850nm)
Irradiance: >85mw/cm2 @ 6 inches
Switches: Dual switches, one each for 660nm (Red) and 850nm (NIR), allow for full customization of the session. Use Red only, NIR only or both at the same time!
Beam Angle: 60 degrees
Weight: 6 lbs
Lifespan: 50,000+ hours
Power Consumption: 140
Warranty: Full 2 year warranty

So what should I do? I know that if the lights are TOO powerful it isn't a good thing, so I'm confused. The main difference seems to be 300W vs 80W (or so they claim).

Thanks

What is this for?

What is this for?

Red light therapy:

Bump, any advice?

Buy alibaba

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone
Retarded greycels, a led light is a led light, you can buy potent led lights for pennies, buy the cheapest for your wavelength and desired watts/lumens/watever.

• +1
Retarded greycels, a led light is a led light, you can buy potent led lights for pennies, buy the cheapest for your wavelength and desired watts/lumens/watever.

I really don't trust myself to put something like that together, I'd rather have some low EMF rating, and all the stats worked out, safety, etc.

I really don't trust myself to put something like that together, I'd rather have some low EMF rating, and all the stats worked out, safety, etc.
Just buy some chinese panels for your desired wavelength and power output, led light is the same no matter how much you pay for it and you are most likely buying rebranded chinese product. Are leds fabricated outside of China? i don't even know.

• +1
Just buy some chinese panels for your desired wavelength and power output, led light is the same no matter how much you pay for it and you are most likely buying rebranded chinese product. Are leds fabricated outside of China? i don't even know.

Well someone suggested some cheap panel it was like "SGROW" or something, which is from China, and it looked good, but then I read the reviews and there were a lot that said that it basically quit after a short time and that was it.

I don't even really know what the best watts etc. should be, so from the two panels I described, would the more expensive one be TOO powerful? I know what wavelengths to use though, that part is easy.

INCANDESCENT INFRARED