Need help with my skincare!

twra

twra

Iron
This is the skin care routine I whipped up last night. I'm not on any skin care so I have virgin skin. Can somebody please tell me if I have everything in proper order, and if it'll work?

Morning Routine:

Apply Avene Cleanance Clean Gel

Pat face dry with a clean towel

Apply Vaseline on lips

Apply Cosrx Centella Toner

Wait until skin dry - use low speed on fan for quicker drying

Apply Cosrx Snail 96 Mucin Essence

Wait 10 minutes

Apply Salicylic Acid 2% Solution

Wait 10 - 15 minutes - Apply essential oils to all hair in meantime

Apply Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Apply Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

Remove Vaseline

Apply Volufiline on lips, under eye, and smile lines

Wait 10 minutes

Apply Caffeinated Eye Balm/Cream/Serum

Apply La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Gel B5

Apply Birch Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 50+, PA++++

Apply Organic Lip Balm and Vaseline

Evening:

Apply Jordan Samuel The Aftershow Treatment Cleanser

Pat face dry with clean towel

Pat face dry with other side of clean towel

Wait 10 minutes - Apply Essential Oils to all hair in meantime

Apply Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Wait 3 minutes

Apply Volufiline

Wait 3 minutes

Apply La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5+ (buffer)

Wait 5 minutes

Apply Tretinoin 0.05%

Wait 20 - 30 minutes

Apply The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane

Tretinoin is every other day. I wanna add The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% once or twice month at least when I'm adjusted to tretinoin

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: shieldzz and Fiqh
If you're just starting off, start off simple. What will you do if one of them irritates your skin as you start them all at once?

When beginning, you need:

- Cleanser
- Moisturiser
- Sunscreen
- Retinoid (Tret)

(Vaseline is fine)

After that you can slowly incorporate all the actives in.

Last edited:
If you're just starting off, start off simple. What will you do if one of them irritates your skin as you start them all at once?

All you need to start off is:

- Cleanser
- Moisturiser
- Sunscreen
- Retinoid (Tret)

(Vaseline is fine)

After that you can slowly incorporate all the actives in.
What about the toner, essence and potentially the Hyaluronic Acid? Can that be used immediately?

What about the toner, essence and potentially the Hyaluronic Acid? Can that be used immediately?
It'll be fine, just don't over-complicate your routine at the start.

Holy shit that's a lot of stuff. With skincare you really need to do it one step at a time, especially if you have actives. Start with a cleanser and a moisturiser, once that's good add your sunscreen. Those will be your core products.

Once that's done add one by one with ~one week between each of them your hydrating toners/serums.
Actives you should only add slowly once you have a stable hydration routine. Trust me bro, I broke my moisture barrier and it's a bitch to repair it.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: twra and Fiqh
It'll be fine, just don't over-complicate your routine at the start.
So I should add in the others one by one, slowly over time?

• +1
Reactions: Fiqh
Holy shit that's a lot of stuff. With skincare you really need to do it one step at a time, especially if you have actives. Start with a cleanser and a moisturiser, once that's good add your sunscreen. Those will be your core products.

Once that's done add one by one with ~one week between each of them your hydrating toners/serums.
Actives you should only add slowly once you have a stable hydration routine. Trust me bro, I broke my moisture barrier and it's a bitch to repair it.
Oh, so harsher/harder working products should be incorporated once my skin has adapted to the current skin routine? So, I want to use tretinoin straight away with a buffer, so I thought using a toner, snail mucin for moisture barrier, and Hyaluronic Acid for more hydration would be good because of tretinoins effects? Would that be true? Also, How'd you fix your broken moisture barrier?

Also, do you know when I'd be able to start dermastamping?

Last edited:
Oh, so harsher/harder working products should be incorporated once my skin has adapted to the current skin routine? So, I want to use tretinoin straight away with a buffer, so I thought using a toner, snail mucin for moisture barrier, and Hyaluronic Acid for more hydration would be good because of tretinoins effects? Would that be true? Also, How'd you fix your broken moisture barrier?
Yes, and every product should be added on one. The skin is probably the most fussy and stubborn organ you have. It can have issues with the mildest ingredient for no reason at all if that's how your skin is. If you add everything at once you won't know what's causing issues.

The first step is always a hydration routine because it's your base and will promote a healthy skin that can withstand actives much better.
But yes you can buffer tret. What is your skin type?

I haven't really fixed it JFL it's been 2 months and it's still tight and itchy. To be fair it's been only two weeks since I had a proper routine which is helping. My routine rn is kinda simple it's Avène Hydrance Boost + Eucerin Urea Repair + Cicaplast Baume B5+ AM and PM. I only cleanse in the PM lightly using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.

• Woah
Reactions: twra
Yes, and every product should be added on one. The skin is probably the most fussy and stubborn organ you have. It can have issues with the mildest ingredient for no reason at all if that's how your skin is. If you add everything at once you won't know what's causing issues.

The first step is always a hydration routine because it's your base and will promote a healthy skin that can withstand actives much better.
But yes you can buffer tret. What is your skin type?

I haven't really fixed it JFL it's been 2 months and it's still tight and itchy. To be fair it's been only two weeks since I had a proper routine which is helping. My routine rn is kinda simple it's Avène Hydrance Boost + Eucerin Urea Repair + Cicaplast Baume B5+ AM and PM. I only cleanse in the PM lightly using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser.
Yeah that does make sense.
Sorry to hear you still haven't fixed your skin boss

My skin type is oily and I have acne at 18.9 years old. Idk if it's hormonal, my diet is decent changing to great, soon.

I have been using that toner and snail mucin I mentioned before on and off for a bit, I think they're okay.

I'm thinking about buying these to start with:

Jordan Samuel The Aftershow Treatment Cleanser

Avene Cleanance Clean Gel

Corsx Centella Toner

Corsx Snail Mucin Essence 96

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Gel B5

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5+

Birch Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 50+, PA++++

Volufiline (going to just use on lips for a bit)

Caffeinated Eye Balm/Cream/Serum

Natural, Organic Lip Balm

Do you think this is okay to start with, while incorporating, slowly, the others I mentioned in what I was going to attempt first? Also, is my logic correct to add the less harsh products first before the harsher products?

Last edited:
Yeah that does make sense.
Sorry to hear you still haven't fixed your skin boss

My skin type is oily and I have acne at 18.9 years old. Idk if it's hormonal, my diet is decent changing to great, soon.

I have been using that toner and snail mucin I mentioned before on and off for a bit, I think they're okay.

I'm thinking about buying these to start with:

Jordan Samuel The Aftershow Treatment Cleanser

Avene Cleanance Clean Gel

Corsx Centella Toner

Corsx Snail Mucin Essence 96

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Gel B5

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5+

Birch Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 50+, PA++++

Volufiline (going to just use on lips for a bit)

Caffeinated Eye Balm/Cream/Serum

Natural, Organic Lip Balm

Do you think this is okay to start with, while incorporating, slowly, the others I mentioned in what I was going to attempt first? Also, is my logic correct to add the less harsh products first before the harsher products?
Too much lmao

Cetaphil Cleanser
Sunscreen
And another product for whatever your goal is, I’d personally use a retinoid

This is the skin care routine I whipped up last night. I'm not on any skin care so I have virgin skin. Can somebody please tell me if I have everything in proper order, and if it'll work?

Morning Routine:

Pat face dry with a clean towel

Apply Vaseline on lips

Wait 10 minutes

Apply Salicylic Acid 2% Solution

Wait 10 - 15 minutes - Apply essential oils to all hair in meantime

Apply Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%

Apply Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

Remove Vaseline

Apply Volufiline on lips, under eye, and smile lines

Wait 10 minutes

Apply Birch Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 50+, PA++++

Evening:

Apply Jordan Samuel The Aftershow Treatment Cleanser

Pat face dry with clean towel

Pat face dry with other side of clean towel

Wait 10 minutes - Apply Essential Oils to all hair in meantime

Apply Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Wait 3 minutes

Apply Volufiline

Wait 3 minutes

Apply La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5+ (buffer)

Wait 5 minutes

Apply Tretinoin 0.05%

Wait 20 - 30 minutes

Apply The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane

Tretinoin is every other day. I wanna add The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% once or twice month at least when I'm adjusted to tretinoin
seems like way too much

All i use is tret every three days, wash face once a week with kojic acid, wash every two or three days with face soap

copper peptides(not the ordinary, its powder mixed with bacteriostatic water)
let it dry
Vitamin C serum
let it dry
a few drops of avacado oil

at night I put on urea cream and vaseline over it and leave it on for an hour, then wash my face and usually sleep with nothing on my face. Some nights i put on tretinoing and other nights just leaving copper peptides around my eyes if they look wrinkly.