Nobody here understands what "outward gonions" are

C

Chinlet Ascension

Kraken
I've seen multiple threads about this and they are all full of misinformation.

Outward gonions are jaws that are turned out in the back, and the gonions are the widest part of the jaw. You can recognize outward gonions visually by a jawline where the entire length of the jawline, from the chin to the jaw angles on both sides, are visible from the front.

Some examples:

Outward 2542908 1631902539341 Outward 2542910 1631902582863 Looksmax too low gonial angle Casper Van Dien 4yjv1n19yera1 Zilj Layer12 210x210 Zlandrut 1511404802261 Zyumi andersonbell 72688368 1437245659758454 6283813978736859708 n Zig gf ALINA EFIMOVA

Inward gonions are jaws that are turned inwards at the very back. If you cannot see the full length of the jawline from the front (and the person you are looking at does not have high body fat), that person has inward gonions.

Some examples:

Inward MV5BNTgyNDgxMjUyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDYxNzY1OQ V1 Zil 20190719Yaremchuk jawa userimage 14115dc0 c009 4b60 9188 80eb1c0e89de Zil implant UNDERTHEKNIFE before GmIliK Chin wing PBMPjcn Inward seth rogan bio (This guy might have outward gonions hidden by body fat, but I don't think so.)

Inwardhalf Adam Driver (This guy appears to have inward gonions on one side and slightly outward on the other.)

You see the phrase "round jaw" a lot here. Anatomically, there is no such thing as a round mandible. The appearance of roundness comes from a jaw that is not large enough/wide enough to project past/support the soft tissues. The round appearance comes from unsupported soft tissues, not bones.

What people got fixated on in previous threads is the appearance of super-angular/pointy gonions. That is not a fundamental aspect of jaw development, it is just one of those 0.5% traits that PSL guys get fixated on and think are essential.

This morph just represents a person with outward gonions being given abnormally pointy gonions. It does not represent the inward/outward gonion distinction.

Outwardmorph 2585539 1634679680928

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: It'snotover, Heinrich Schmidt, lemonnz and 9 others
if you have to make an active effort to figure out what you have your jaw isn't striking enough to be worrying about it in the first place.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: m0ss26, Heinrich Schmidt, !MagicMan777 and 14 others
Thanks, there's a difference between sharp and pointy gonions and inward gonions

• +1
Reactions: Chinlet Ascension

• JFL
Reactions: LancasteR and datboijj
if you have to make an active effort to figure out what you have your jaw isn't striking enough to be worrying about it in the first place.
Yes, but if you have inward gonions but otherwise good features, I think it's a feature worth fixing that could make a big difference.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 55559
Yes, but if you have inward gonions but otherwise good features, I think it's a feature worth fixing that could make a big difference.
I meant that if you're staring at yourself in the mirror trying to figure out what you have chances are your jaw isn't good to begin with.

it's not always an issue, o'pry would look even more autistic if his jaw was wider.

• +1
Reactions: Detective, horizontallytall and datboijj
Basically don’t be giga recessed

Bad examples I don’t understand what ur showing. The king of flared gonions is vinnie hacker and jordan powell

When I bite one side looks sharper / outward looking, but the other side is round.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and Deleted member 29155
Inwardhalf Adam Driver (This guy appears to have inward gonions on one side and slightly outward on the other.)
He doesn’t have outwards on neither side. YOU don’t know what outwards gonions are

Bad examples I don’t understand what ur showing. The king of flared gonions is vinnie hacker and jordan powell

View attachment 2253828View attachment 2253829
Nobody cares about who the "king of flared gonions" is. Flared gonions =/= outward gonions. That's the point of the post. Flared gonions are just an unusual shape. You don't need flared gonions to have outward gonions.

• +1
Reactions: oxymoron, lemonnz and tom69
Nobody cares about who the "king of flared gonions" is. Flared gonions =/= outward gonions. That's the point of the post. Flared gonions are just an unusual shape. You don't need flared gonions to have outward gonions.
I meant to say outwards, it’s the same shit.

9AFB9423 FFF5 4D46 8F3D 6F859042F4C6

Most examples u posted have neutral gonions. If they don’t point outwards, they aren’t outwards. Simple

Also outwards gonions are usually wider that bizygo, so that’s an easy way to tell (if zygos aren’t recessed ofc)

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
I meant to say outwards, it’s the same shit.
No, the inward/outward gonion distinction is a sign of healthy jaw development. "Flared" gonions are a PSL meme about the faces you think are most attractive. It's not the same thing at all. "Flared gonions" have no relevance to anything outside of the conversations on this forum.

Also outwards gonions are usually wider that bizygo, so that’s an easy way to tell (if zygos aren’t recessed ofc)
This is just a made up rule.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: lemonnz, It'snotover, ElBastardo and 1 other person
This pic of Hexum gives a good idea on outward gonions
8AA59A0A 6855 4605 9C79 440BC3E31EEA

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: datboijj, Chinlet Ascension, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
This is just a made up rule.
Yeah I made it up from observed thousands of faces. It’s just an indicator, to make it easier to spot. Also u thinking flared/outwards gonions is just a psl meme is cope. It’s a masculine feature that gives an illusion of a big jaw

This pic of Hexum gives a good idea on outward gonions
View attachment 2253873
Do you understand what an "assertion" is?

Yeah I made it up from observed thousands of faces.
Correct, you just made it up. Thank you for conceding my point.

Also u thinking flared/outwards gonions is just a psl meme is cope.
Well obviously that's a strawman--you're equating "flared" and "outwards gonions" despite the fact that I have made multiple comments trying to distinguish the two. I said that flared gonions are a PSL meme, not that outward gonions are.

It's a "cope" to say it's a psl meme? Please, show me any non-PSL-related internet space where people are talking about this shit. Please show me the women who are talking about "flared gonions" or the jaw surgeons who talk about it as if it's a thing. It is 100% a PSL meme.

Please show me the women who are talking about "flared gonions" or the jaw surgeons who talk about it as if it's a thing. It is 100% a PSL meme.
Most low iq comeback ever. That’s like saying people don’t talk about the maxilla all day, so it must be cope too

Most low iq comeback ever. That’s like saying people don’t talk about the maxilla all day, so it must be cope too
Maxilla can be found in any medical, biology or anatomy text, dictionary or encyclopedia. It is a common word with an accepted definition used in countless places.

"Flared gonions" is none of those things.

• +1
Reactions: sam12344343
Flared gonions is BS IF you not born with.
Some guys got flared design and look shit IRL

Nice jaw is simple = the width of your chin bone should be the same of your gonial bone width.

I've seen multiple threads about this and they are all full of misinformation.

Outward gonions are jaws that are turned out in the back, and the gonions are the widest part of the jaw. You can recognize outward gonions visually by a jawline where the entire length of the jawline, from the chin to the jaw angles on both sides, are visible from the front.

Some examples:

View attachment 2253776 View attachment 2253777 View attachment 2253778 View attachment 2253779 View attachment 2253780 View attachment 2253782 View attachment 2253801

Inward gonions are jaws that are turned inwards at the very back. If you cannot see the full length of the jawline from the front (and the person you are looking at does not have high body fat), that person has inward gonions.

Some examples:

View attachment 2253762 View attachment 2253770 View attachment 2253773 View attachment 2253783 View attachment 2253764 (This guy might have outward gonions hidden by body fat, but I don't think so.)

View attachment 2253767 (This guy appears to have inward gonions on one side and slightly outward on the other.)

You see the phrase "round jaw" a lot here. Anatomically, there is no such thing as a round mandible. The appearance of roundness comes from a jaw that is not large enough/wide enough to project past/support the soft tissues. The round appearance comes from unsupported soft tissues, not bones.

What people got fixated on in previous threads is the appearance of super-angular/pointy gonions. That is not a fundamental aspect of jaw development, it is just one of those 0.5% traits that PSL guys get fixated on and think are essential.

This morph just represents a person with outward gonions being given abnormally pointy gonions. It does not represent the inward/outward gonion distinction.

View attachment 2253775
So you say that gonial implant shape doesn't matter as long if it's wide enough ?

So you say that gonial implant shape doesn't matter as long if it's wide enough ?
Implant design is a hard thing to get right. Generally implants that look flared in x-rays look better, but implants that look flared on an actual face (which requires a very extreme flare in the actual implant design) might look unnecessary or excessive on some faces.

Implant design is a hard thing to get right. Generally implants that look flared in x-rays look better, but implants that look flared on an actual face (which requires a very extreme flare in the actual implant design) might look unnecessary or excessive on some faces.
i think flared design is kinda a legend
There is not 1 single exemple here of flared gonions design before/after.
real surgery max keeps telling he's the only one in the world who can make the best design blabla, but never posted a before/after pics.
I saw botched flared angles, and also a guy with incredibly sharp implant, ending with round face after surgery..

IMO we complicate it way too much; Great Jaw = wide bigonial + low bf =that's it, no matter the shape

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: WeAreBoundless, crystalcastles555 and Unsh
Even elite models don't have sharp angle, manga style

Inward gonions can be turned into outward gonions with implants.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lookologist003 and Deleted member 4397
Inward gonions can be turned into outward gonions with implants.

Yes. In fact, I think the only good jaw implant results are people who start off with inward gonions. (The one you posted is way too massive, though.)

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
I meant that if you're staring at yourself in the mirror trying to figure out what you have chances are your jaw isn't good to begin with.

it's not always an issue, o'pry would look even more autistic if his jaw was wider.
I don't think he would, his round ass looking gonions are kinda terrible both from the front and the sides. Adding too much width and eversion however would makes him look autistic and uncanny yes

I don't think he would, his round ass looking gonions are kinda terrible both from the front and the sides.
This comment is basically saying "his jaw looks terrible for not having 99.9th percentile hyper-angular bones." Classic out of touch PSL comment.

• +1
Reactions: Inquisiting_Vitiate and It'snotover
Fixable with bimax + ramus widening?

This comment is basically saying "his jaw looks terrible for not having 99.9th percentile hyper-angular bones." Classic out of touch PSL comment.
Nah he has rounder gonions than children

Dont' know about that. Bimax + CCW could make your gonions more prominent-looking.
Cope he needs to inject Igf-1 into masseters and gonions area with chewing marathon to get bone deposit after that a small bimax with ramus widening

Cope he needs to inject Igf-1 into masseters and gonions area with chewing marathon to get bone deposit after that a small bimax with ramus widening
This is just weird broscience shit. I wish you wouldn't pollute topics about real surgery with this kind of thing.

Truecel term

• WTF
Reactions: thecel
Not sure exactly. Maybe asymmetrical jaw development or uneven masseter insertions.
"uneven masseter insertions" is fiction, but he could have more muscle mass on one side.

• +1
Reactions: based_pakichad421
Not sure exactly. Maybe asymmetrical jaw development or uneven masseter insertions.
i meant that are your gonions inward btw thanks for the insight it helped