Oral Minoxidil Experience,- Shedding, Progress, Questions

N

NiceGuyN

Iron
Hi guys. I originally started minoxidil when I was 18, in the fear loop of "oh no im losing my hair" after autistically obsessing over looking at my hairline in the mirror every second. I genetically have a higher up hairline which FML, but I do fraud well with hairstyles and thickness. On around March 20ish something I had contacted my Dermatologist and was given the prescription for 1.25mg oral minox daily. 2.5mg pill cut into half every 2 days. Prescription cost about 10? dollars for a bottle of around 20-30 pills which is a solid deal with my insurance plan.

From about 2 weeks starting it daily I had extreme hairloss/shedding. Yes the Minox shed is real, and it is bad. I think every time I was combing my hair I had a solid 10 strands coming out at all times, hair falling in food, across my food and all that. It was brutal and further compounded my fears. Showers were horrible seeing handfuls come out. Can't remember looking at my hairline at this point, but I do remember my forehead started showing a lot more.

Actual results came in about 4-5 weeks in. At this point the shed had stopped, and noticed miniaturized hairs along hairline. Those miniaturized hairs were almost extending a Norwood -1 hairline, and later half grew to cover my slightly recessed corners. Rest of the time from there, I had super accelerated growth everywhere, and my normally super light blonde hair turned to a dirty blonde/light brown to where it is now.

Eyelashes and eyebrows became mogger tier during this time as well, worked really well on it and I credit the systemic effect to this. Seems like around 5-6 months ever since then my hairline receeds for about 1-2 weeks with shedding at this time and I revert back to an even worse state before baseline. This sucks but its only temporary and you'll know thicker hair will be back soon enough so not enough time to sperg over it. Even in my current shed, I have still reverted my original corners to a way better state than they were before minox.

I get constant compliments on hair thickness, and every salon i've visited has commented on how stupidly thick it is. It does get annoying having to shampoo it and wash but worth it loll,. Ill try to update this thread with my photos of hair before after etc. But if you are looking to step into fighting MPB, and you are young and dont want to hop on fin just try oral minox first.

Start in low dosage as well. I did have sporadic heart studders/loss of breath but I always have had those kind of issues, so I am not directly linking it but it is likely true that it is a side effect. Just start low, if it doesnt work just slowly up it till it does. Cant speak for people with advanced MPB but obviously starting any hair loss treatment early is a great option. Feel free to ask questions if needed ill try to speak from my experiences.

• +1
Reactions: silencio, lasthope, Mr. President and 1 other person
Do you have Problems with Body hair on minox?

Do you have Problems with Body hair on minox?
annoying to shave pubes every other day but other than that not really, just get prepared to start shaving alot more.

annoying to shave pubes every other day but other than that not really, just get prepared to start shaving alot more.
So your existing bodyhair just start to grow faster but you didn’t gain any additional bodyhair?

Did you have a lot of bodyhair to begib with?

So your existing bodyhair just start to grow faster but you didn’t gain any additional bodyhair?

Did you have a lot of bodyhair to begib with?
Seems like my preexisiting body hair just started to grow faster. Im like middle of the road when it comes to body hair, but I cant recall getting any new spots of hair. I would imagine after puberty you are pretty much already developed in terms of hair and you wont see any new patches randomly appearing, just accelerated