[POLL] what gives better results in most cases, bimax or genio

Bimax or genio

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
this is assuming bimax that does not come with a genio, since as we know most good bimax surgeons do genio with the operation

also assuming the person has no bite issues or functional issues, and is at most only slightly recessed

Most operations with bimax only has such minimal results, its not really noticeable. Genio really makes the difference imo

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: subhuman incel, datboijj, VenatorLuparius and 3 others
Trimax

• +1
Reactions: depressionmaxxing
or another way to frame the question, what % of the aesthetic improvement of a trimax comes from the bimax and what comes from the genio

Genioplasty all the way for anyone who isn't actually recessed. You run the risk of being dogmaxxed if you don't actually have a problem with your bite and it's not going to do much for your chin angle. Also a genioplasty takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks to recover from whilst bimax is going to leave your jaw and entire lower third a useless potato for a few months before you're finally allowed to eat anything that didn't come from a straw. It's not a procedure to take lightly

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel, blackckatt, VenatorLuparius and 2 others
Genioplasty all the way for anyone who isn't actually recessed. You run the risk of being dogmaxxed if you don't actually have a problem with your bite and it's not going to do much for your chin angle. Also a genioplasty takes anywhere from 2-6 weeks to recover from whilst bimax is going to leave your jaw and entire lower third a useless potato for a few months before you're finally allowed to eat anything that didn't come from a straw. It's not a procedure to take lightly
post good and bad chin angles

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
post good and bad chin angles
Chin angles

A bad chin angle is when the chin alone has little to no projection, it almost looks to point down. The top 4 pics are the result of chin augmentation. The bottom two pics are bimax where chin angle is only mildly improved but still quite behind being ideal (kinda hard to find

Image622

An illustration of how genio alters chin projection

Mqdefaultalfaro

The best example I can find of someone already having a decent chin angle (note how it's protruding forward rather than pointing down) but a recessed jaw therefore bimax was the best option. But Alfaro is known to include genio/have an eye for aesthetics so no idea if something like genio was thrown into this case

• +1
(kinda hard to find
as in kinda hard to find cases of people with bad chin angles getting bimax or cases where bad chin angle is not properly resolved by bimax alone?

• +1
in terms of cost effectiveness, genio by far. also you don't need to wear braces for 2 years and spend another year recovering

as in kinda hard to find cases of people with bad chin angles getting bimax or cases where bad chin angle is not properly resolved by bimax alone?
One were both are apparent. Sometimes it's a bit hard to tell if the chin angle is bad or just hidden in the recession. Hard to tell if the bimax brought out a good chin or if a form of genio was thrown into the bimax

• +1
in terms of cost effectiveness, genio by far. also you don't need to wear braces for 2 years and spend another year recovering
although suppose you can bypass that (you go with, pagnoni, for example, who doesnt do braces, and in many cases most recovery is done after a few months, so what can be a 3 year ordeal becomes a 3 month ordeal)

• +1
although suppose you can bypass that (you go with, pagnoni, for example, who doesnt do braces, and in many cases most recovery is done after a few months, so what can be a 3 year ordeal becomes a 3 month ordeal)
then go for it, i guess

worst case scenario you just look more or less the same

genio it is. 7-0

@anticel explain bimax

@anticel explain bimax
fixes other issues like occlusal plane and opens up airways. can also fix asymmetries. compact midface is also really important. idk but bimax brings most things into the natural position. would p much always recommend genio with it.
genio only makes sense for ppl who are already really good looking imo.

• +1
Reactions: CuriousGuy and subhuman incel
View attachment 2269204

A bad chin angle is when the chin alone has little to no projection, it almost looks to point down. The top 4 pics are the result of chin augmentation. The bottom two pics are bimax where chin angle is only mildly improved but still quite behind being ideal (kinda hard to find

View attachment 2269205

An illustration of how genio alters chin projection

View attachment 2269211

The best example I can find of someone already having a decent chin angle (note how it's protruding forward rather than pointing down) but a recessed jaw therefore bimax was the best option. But Alfaro is known to include genio/have an eye for aesthetics so no idea if something like genio was thrown into this case
You'll be shocked to know but all those top 4 results are from fillers and not genio

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and WanderingBurro
You'll be shocked to know but all those top 4 results are from fillers and not genio
I already knew they were filler. I'd still go for genio for it's longevity though

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and 5.5psl

Dog maxing only occurs because you over advance the lefort 1 area lefort 2 or ideally lefort 3 past the medial canthus never give a dog look it physically can't as all other ratios match unless the mandible isn't in line but that's not the point of a lefort leforts fix fucked midfaces they don't fix truecel jaws

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and WanderingBurro
Idk why braces ain't done with piezoelectric minicuts in such cases, it accelerates teeth movements a lot while improving outcomes and you need half year or less in adults instead of up to 2 years.

• +1
Bimax is not only for asthethics, I am also getting it for health reasons so I don't breathe like a subhuman during the night.

Get trimax if you can afford it.

• +1
Bimax is not only for asthethics, I am also getting it for health reasons so I don't breathe like a subhuman during the night.

assuming someone has no apnea, breathing, or bite issues, and its just for aesthetic reasons

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: subhuman incel and Krakowski
assuming someone has no apnea, breathing, or bite issues, and its just for aesthetic reasons
You most likely don't need bimax if you have no breathing issues. But genio I think.

• +1
You most likely don't need bimax if you have no breathing issues. But genio I think.
Yeah in any case I think I may have sleep apnea and so doing a sleep test in a week or so. but even if its covered by insurance it needs to be with a surgeon i really want or i will pay out of pocket

• +1
Yeah in any case I think I may have sleep apnea and so doing a sleep test in a week or so. but even if its covered by insurance it needs to be with a surgeon i really want or i will pay out of pocket
Make sure you don't breathe with your mouth when you sleep, I do and I have to tape my mouth until I get bimax so I dont mouthbreathe like a subhuman during the night.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Deleted member 18582
Make sure you don't breathe with your mouth when you sleep, I do and I have to tape my mouth until I get bimax so I dont mouthbreathe like a subhuman during the night.
im not sure if i do 100%, there was one time when i woke up gasping for air. and then 1 time when i woke up and my mouth was insanely dry. but just once over many years. i otherwise always have troubel falling asleep and often wake up not feeling very rested. im already fully grown so mouth breathing probably wont do any more to me at this point

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski
im not sure if i do 100%, there was one time when i woke up gasping for air. and then 1 time when i woke up and my mouth was insanely dry. but just once over many years. i otherwise always have troubel falling asleep and often wake up not feeling very rested. im already fully grown so mouth breathing probably wont do any more to me at this point
I used to mouth breathe during night then I started taping my mouth and already the first night I felt so much better it's crazy, if I ever forget to tape my mouth now I feel utter subhuman when waking up.

• +1
I used to mouth breathe during night then I started taping my mouth and already the first night I felt so much better it's crazy, if I ever forget to tape my mouth now I feel utter subhuman when waking up.
maybe i should try this but i do have legit sinusitis sometimes where my nose is totally clogged so i hope it doesnt suffocate me

• +1
maybe i should try this but i do have legit sinusitis sometimes where my nose is totally clogged so i hope it doesnt suffocate me
Do you nosebreathe during the day? Stop mouthbreathing ASAP if you do, and if you think "im already fully grown so it doesn't matter" you are wrong. Mouthbreathing is super unhealthy compared to nose breathing and you need to go to a doctor if you can't nosebreathe normally during the day.

However start nosebreathing only now and it should get easier with time.

• +1
Do you nosebreathe during the day? Stop mouthbreathing ASAP if you do, and if you think "im already fully grown so it doesn't matter" you are wrong. Mouthbreathing is super unhealthy compared to nose breathing and you need to go to a doctor if you can't nosebreathe normally during the day.

However start nosebreathing only now and it should get easier with time.
i nosebreathe during the day, but sometimes it is kind of challenging because of congestion but i still do it anyway. it is weird, because when i saw an ENT and they did a scan they found nothing wrong with the nose and sinuses area at least

i had bad allergies as a kid, which maybe made me mouse breathe for several months at a time

yeah and i mostly mean developmeental, i know its bad health wise but it probably wont cause any further aesthetic change at least, in the case i have been mouthbreathing at night

• +1

also do you have sleep apnea? how many times have you woken up at night gasping for air

• +1
also do you have sleep apnea? how many times have you woken up at night gasping for air
I don't have sleep apnea but I mouthbreathe during sleep if I don't tape my mouth due to being recessed.

If you have sleep apnea it might be dangerous to tape your mouth during the night so get that checked first.

• +1
i nosebreathe during the day, but sometimes it is kind of challenging because of congestion but i still do it anyway. it is weird, because when i saw an ENT and they did a scan they found nothing wrong with the nose and sinuses area at least

i had bad allergies as a kid, which maybe made me mouse breathe for several months at a time

yeah and i mostly mean developmeental, i know its bad health wise but it probably wont cause any further aesthetic change at least, in the case i have been mouthbreathing at night
Same, I went to "experts" and they were like, "nah bro, everything is fine". So I had to watch 3824389432794832 videos from Mike Mew (Unironically) and read a bunch of stuff to understand what caused my problems. I think you are recessed and that your mouth opens during night and the only fix for it is surgery (like in my case).

I also used to struggle to nosebreathe during the day sometimes but my problems have completely went away after like 6 months of taping my mouth + nose breathing.

But I plan on getting trimax and MSE to better my breathing and look better because I still sometimes struggle a bit.

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Deleted member 18582
Same, I went to "experts" and they were like, "nah bro, everything is fine". So I had to watch 3824389432794832 videos from Mike Mew (Unironically) and read a bunch of stuff to understand what caused my problems. I think you are recessed and that your mouth opens during night and the only fix for it is surgery (like in my case).

I also used to struggle to nosebreathe during the day sometimes but my problems have completely went away after like 6 months of taping my mouth + nose breathing.

But I plan on getting trimax and MSE to better my breathing and look better because I still sometimes struggle a bit.
True although i have heard that genio alone can open airway

• +1
  • Hmm...
Its possible to rectifiy just the gonial angle ?

• +1
  • +1
if gonial angle is the only issue then you get jaw implants

Fuckk .. am doomed, caged htn facially, so its 15k for jaw implant in europe ?

• +1
Fuckk .. am doomed, caged htn facially, so its 15k for jaw implant in europe ?
I It deepends on who you visit, maybe custom one with pagnoni in Italie.

• +1
I It deepends on who you visit, maybe custom one with pagnoni in Italie.

why you told me to go on the worst guy ever for jaw implant, i readed the thread, you weird, not first time did something similar

• +1
why you told me to go on the worst guy ever for jaw implant, i readed the thread, you weird, not first time did something similar
why do you say he is the worst guy, what thread are you talking about mec