Questions about LeFort 2 @realsurgerymax

Zizou

Zizou

Bronze
What aesthetic difference is there when the osteotomy includes the medial wall of the orbits like in @RealSurgerymax example, compared to the osteotomy going around in front the medial canthus?

Osteotomy line inside the medial orbital wall.
3824768 Screenshot 20231216 155933 Instagram

Can a lefort 2 make your cheekbones more prominent via stretching the soft facial tissue mask forward, thus filling any concave/hollow spots on the infraorbitals and nasal sidewalls, in turn causing the soft tissue to wrap around tighter around the malars?

Does it make your nose bigger?

@RealSurgerymax
@ccwarrior
@SurgeryEnjoyer

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, IAMNOTANINCEL and optimisticzoomer
@optimisticzoomer @IAMNOTANINCEL ?

Last edited:
nigga are you srs
Look at the example above. The cut goes into the wall of the orbit. Would there be an aesthetic difference if the cut was in front of the medial canthus? It's a valid question.

My big question is that lefort 2 sounds like a crazy procedure to just casually design and then send the patient off to turkey/italy. There has to be some sort of complications or maybe lefort 2 is rarely the best option for the vast majority of people.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Zizou and Asspear
My big question is that lefort 2 sounds like a crazy procedure to just casually design and then send the patient off to turkey/italy. There has to be some sort of complications or maybe lefort 2 is rarely the best option for the vast majority of people.
I've usually held the opinion that a LF2 is excessive for most people - I think most who experience common recession could probably get away with a standard LF1 + implants, and that'd be enough. Sometimes though, you see someone's upper midface and the whole complex is just unfortunately recessed. Seems rare to me though.

I'd love to see the results of Giant's LF2 surgeries to see how they worked out.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: eagle_tren123, MTNAscension2, Oxygen and 1 other person
I've usually held the opinion that a LF2 is excessive for most people - I think most who experience common recession could probably get away with a standard LF1 + implants, and that'd be enough. Sometimes though, you see someone's upper midface and the whole complex is just unfortunately recessed. Seems rare to me though.

I'd love to see the results of Giant's LF2 surgeries to see how they worked out.
Sometimes, an individual may have good support and isn't recessed in the upper midface and lack depth, and vice versa. Look at Sean O'Pry's interview with chico, when he looks off to the side. Sometimes someone as gl as him can have a ditch in their upper midface but still look good due to depth. He has a top top tier LF1 area.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2 and Asspear
Sometimes, an individual may have good support and isn't recessed in the upper midface and lack depth, and vice versa. Look at Sean O'Pry's interview with chico, when he looks off to the side. Sometimes someone as gl as him can have a ditch in their upper midface but still look good due to depth. He has a top top tier LF1 area.
Don't misunderstand, I know there are plenty of use-cases for LF2 for the very reason you describe. I'm just saying that it can get overprescribed when people see recession. Very recessed ≠ automatic LF2 - it's always case specific.

When you need it, you need it. I wouldn't disagree with that, for sure. Didn't mean to derail your thread btw - I'd also like to hear the answer to your question.

I don't know the answers, but my hunch for #2 is yes, depending on your soft tissue envelope, and #3 is yes, in much the same way as a LF1 could. No idea about #1, as I really don't know enough about the various LF2 methods to have any opinion.

• +1
Reactions: socialcel and Zizou
Don't misunderstand, I know there are plenty of use-cases for LF2 for the very reason you describe. I'm just saying that it can get overprescribed when people see recession. Very recessed ≠ automatic LF2 - it's always case specific.

When you need it, you need it. I wouldn't disagree with that, for sure. Didn't mean to derail your thread btw - I'd also like to hear the answer to your question.

I don't know the answers, but my hunch for #2 is yes, depending on your soft tissue envelope, and #3 is yes, in much the same way as a LF1 could. No idea about #1, as I really don't know enough about the various LF2 methods to have any opinion.
Ehh true, but many people who get trimax still look underwhelming from the side because their nose is left behind along with their frontal bone.

#2 is yes, depending on your soft tissue envelope.
If this is true, this can absolutely ascend so many people from the front.

• +1
Reactions: Meister! and Asspear
Ehh true, but many people who get trimax still look underwhelming from the side because their nose is left behind along with their frontal bone.
I think I (and many others) are guilty of protecting our own situations onto other people. I agree, having the nose left behind will look unfinished. In my case my nose isn't really recessed in that way (rather it's a slight maxilla recession and abysmal infraorbitals), so a LF2 for me would be overkill. So, I might underperscribe a LF2 because I'm projecting my own situation onto others. This is a good reminder to me.

I think I (and many others) are guilty of protecting our own situations onto other people. I agree, having the nose left behind will look unfinished. In my case my nose isn't really recessed in that way (rather it's a slight maxilla recession and abysmal infraorbitals), so a LF2 for me would be overkill. So, I might underperscribe a LF2 because I'm projecting my own situation onto others. This is a good reminder to me.
True to an extent, however, I'm not a LF2 candidate. I was just wondering what the aesthetic outcomes are. It would be interesting to know if it could make someone who isn't or slightly recessed, noticeably attractive. I have slight recession too in LF1 area, but robust infraorbitals, especially medially, but they'd look better with slightly more projection/depth.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear
You think it’s casually designed? It takes dozens of hours of planning and designing on top of thousands of hours of experience and education about craniofacial surgery…
They aren’t just “sent off” to Turkey I actually assist the surgery confirming good placement of the guides and custom plates.
It’s a huge ordeal.

• +1
Reactions: Oxygen and Zizou
Can orbital decompression be done after saddled infraorbital implants? @RealSurgerymax

Get a lobotomy, it's cheaper

You think it’s casually designed? It takes dozens of hours of planning and designing on top of thousands of hours of experience and education about craniofacial surgery…
They aren’t just “sent off” to Turkey I actually assist the surgery confirming good placement of the guides and custom plates.
It’s a huge ordeal.
please respond to dms