hammer curls
tricep pulldown
tricep pushdown
dip machine dips
saturday sunday more cardio than usual

Most of them are fluff and pump exercises

• +1
Reactions: Carnivore
Depends on what are you aiming for and how much sets are ya doing from each of them
all 2 sets to failure besides deadlifts. Is that good for aesthetics or will i be too bulky. I want vtaper

Don't tell me you fell for the newest Tiktok "machines are better than compound lifts" meme. Your routine is completely awful btw.

What is your lifting experience? How much do you bench, squat and deadlift?

all 2 sets to failure besides deadlifts. Is that good for aesthetics or will i be too bulky. I want vtaper

That's not how any of this works...

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lslt0ver
Feel like you're doing too many different workouts without doing a good amount of sets. I prefer less workouts with 4-5 sets x 6-12 reps each workout.

• +1
Reactions: lslt0ver and marek937
If you are a beginner u basically gain muscle from all kinds of routines.
U wont be bulky unless u eat like a fatass.
If u want a v taper u need a relatively small waist compared to ur shoulders so you need to focus on lats and shoulders
so overhead press, pull ups, rows, some lateral raises and rear delt flies should be enough
and u want to maintain a low body fat percentage

Don't tell me you fell for the newest Tiktok "machines are better than compound lifts" meme. Your routine is completely awful btw.

What is your lifting experience? How much do you bench, squat and deadlift?
i'm fucking weak dude i deadlift 305 squat 225 and only bench 95 how do i improve

i'm fucking weak dude i deadlift 305 squat 225 and only bench 95

Do this program, eat plenty of protein, be in a 200-300 calorie surplus and focus on getting stronger. Exercises like front raises are a huge waste of time. As a complete beginner your main concern should be to increase your bench, squat and deadlift. You shouldn't consider adding fluff until you can bench at least 225.

If u want a v taper u need a relatively small waist compared to ur shoulders so you need to focus on lats and shoulders
so overhead press, pull ups, rows, some lateral raises and rear delt flies should be enough
should i start hitting back twice a week?

Focus on compound exercises and do at least 5 sets of them each workout make sure u progress in them either in weights or reps or sets
and maybe u can add a few accessory exercises 1-2 sets

Do this program, eat plenty of protein, be in a 200-300 calorie surplus and focus on getting stronger. Exercises like front raises are a huge waste of time.

Do this program, eat plenty of protein, be in a 200-300 calorie surplus and focus on getting stronger. Exercises like front raises are a huge waste of time. As a complete beginner your main concern should be to increase your bench, squat and deadlift.
isnt that bad for aesthetics due to lack of isolation?

isnt that bad for aesthetics due to lack of isolation?
No, it's not. You are a COMPLETE BEGINNER, you do not need a bunch of isolation exercises: Your chest and triceps will grow tremendously from getting to a 225 bench and your back and biceps will grow tremendously from going from being able to do no pullups to doing them weighted with +20kg for reps. You do not need isolation exercises as as a beginner, you need to focus on actually getting stronger. You are NEVER going to be big if you can't even bench 225, no matter how many peckdeck flies you do.

• +1
Reactions: lslt0ver and marek937
you can get good gains with just 2 exercises per muscle group, for example for pressing bench and dips, for pulling pull ups and rows, legs front squats and hyperextensions

No, it's not. You are a COMPLETE BEGINNER, you do not need a bunch of isolation exercises: Your chest and triceps will grow tremendously from getting to a 225 bench and your back and biceps will grow tremendously from going from being able to do no pullups to doing them weighted with +20kg for reps. You do not need isolation exercises as as a beginner, you need to focus on actually getting stronger. You are NEVER going to be big if you can't even bench 225, no matter how many peckdeck flies you do.
so as a beginner i should emphasize on strengthening the muscles and then when i achieve decent milestone then only then i should emphasize on the isolation exercises?

should i start hitting back twice a week?
Look into push, pull, legs

Chest, Shoulders, Tris
Back, Bi's, rear delts
Legs
Repeat day 1
Repeat day 2
Repeat day 3 if im feeling like it
rest

Each day I'm doing 6 maybe 7 workouts max in total.
5 sets of 6-12. Start off light and as it gets heavier I drop reps and for the last set I'm back at something light again for 10-12.

• +1
so as a beginner i should emphasize on strengthening the muscles and then when i achieve decent milestone then only then i should emphasize on the isolation exercises?
Exactly, yes. When you are a beginner, you are able to make crazy strength gains and you do not need that much volume to achieve optimal stimulus for each muscle group. As you get more and more advanced and you cannot make the same type of progress every week, adding volume becomes a good strategy.

The 5x5 SL routine has been tried and tested for decades, this is the routine that was around way back in the day when I first started training (boomer). It is simple yet effective.

• +1
Look into push, pull, legs

Chest, Shoulders, Tris
Back, Bi's, rear delts
Legs
Repeat day 1
Repeat day 2
Repeat day 3 if im feeling like it
rest

Each day I'm doing 6 maybe 7 workouts max in total.
5 sets of 6-12. Start off light and as it gets heavier I drop reps and for the last set I'm back at something light again for 10-12.
i like this one because i'm trying to hit back 2x a week

• +1
Reactions: GriffithMaxx
Exactly, yes. When you are a beginner, you are able to make crazy strength gains and you do not need that much volume to achieve optimal stimulus for each muscle group. As you get more and more advanced and you cannot make the same type of progress every week, adding volume becomes a good strategy.

The 5x5 SL routine has been tried and tested for decades, this is the routine that was around way back in the day when I first started training (boomer). It is simple yet effective.
should i still add lateral raises and lat pulldowns because i wanna emphasize on a vtaper

should i still add lateral raises and lat pulldowns because i wanna emphasize on a vtaper
if it doesnt interfere with ur recovery

• +1

You can add a couple of sets of lateral raises at the end if you want, I don't think it's going to hurt you. I wouldn't really go around changing too much of a routine made by experts as a beginner, though.

Pullups is the free form version of lat pulldowns, it builds the v-taper like crazy. I almost exclusively do pullups for my back and I have a great v-taper.

• +1
You can add a couple of sets of lateral raises at the end if you want, I don't think it's going to hurt you. I wouldn't really go around changing too much of a routine made by experts as a beginner, though.

Pullups is the free form version of lat pulldowns, it builds the v-taper like crazy. I almost exclusively do pullups for my back and I have a great v-taper.
i've been training for 2months down 18lbs i can't do pull up but i'm progressing to it

i've been training for 2months down 18lbs i can't do pull up but i'm progressing to it
I don't know why I wrote pullups, I forgot the program uses bb rows, but that exercise is also really good for building the v-taper, just forget what I said about the pullups lol.

• +1
I don't know why I wrote pullups, I forgot the program uses bb rows, but that exercise is also really good for building the v-taper, just forget what I said about the pullups lol.
it was because i was talking about lat pulldowns and you were telling me how pull-ups were better

it was because i was talking about lat pulldowns and you were telling me how pull-ups were better
They are better, yes, but I think both are excellent. However, the SL program focuses on the bb row and deadlift for the back, both great exercises.

• +1
They are better, yes, but I think both are excellent. However, the SL program focuses on the bb row and deadlift for the back, both great exercises.
how long should i do this program i dont have a spotter for bench so should i go lower than usual?

i like this one because i'm trying to hit back 2x a week
For me it's usually

Day 1
Bench press
incline DB press
Flys
Shoulder Press
Lateral raises
Tricep pulldowns

Day 2
Lat Pulldowns
Bent over rows (I do barbell, you can do either barbell or DB)
Cable rows
I usually throw in some other variation of Lat pulldowns but you don't have to do this
Reverse machine flys
Incline dumbbell curls superset with reverse curls

Day 3
Squats
Leg press
Leg extension
Hamstring curls
Calf raises

Day 4
Same as Day 1 but maybe I'll switch bench press for incline barbell press and do incline machine chest press instead of incline DB but really you can do same as day 1
Maybe instead of tricep pulldowns I'll try dips or something

Day 5 and 6
Same shit as day 2 and 3

• +1