Recovery from Genio + Jaw Implants? (Maybe infras)

C

CLO1

Iron
I'm planning to get genio + jaw angle implants by the end of March but I don't want to take off too much time from work.

I work remotely but I'm in sales so I have to be able to talk to clients. However, I could go camera off.

Would I be feeling fine and able to carry on 30-45 min conversations a few times a day 7 days post surgery?

How soon after would I be able to show my face without it being obvious something happened to my face? I don't mind bruising as I feel like that's hard to see on Zoom and I could always wear a hoodie that would cover up the neck area.

What if I also got infraorbital/malar implants at the same time? How would that change things for my recovery?

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
ask at r/jawsurgery. There are people getting surgeries so they will tell you how it looks. As far as I know you can't even open your mouth for few weeks so I don't think so but ask there.

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
ask at r/jawsurgery. There are people getting surgeries so they will tell you how it looks. As far as I know you can't even open your mouth for few weeks so I don't think so but ask there.
great tip - thanks

• JFL
Reactions: lepo2317
great tip - thanks
Asking here is pointless, 99.9% of people here didn't get any surgery so you are waiting for that one or two people to answer your question while you can ask in the place where crazy amount of people get surgery.

• +1
Reactions: CLO1
in 5 weeks the swelling will ease and it will look normal.
full recovery takes about 3 months

in 5 weeks the swelling will ease and it will look normal.
full recovery takes about 3 months
yea I understand I will still be very swollen after a week or 2.

But are we talking about total chipmunk face and it's wildly obvious?

Or do I look like I added a couple pounds but it's nothing horrible and my jaw/chin won't be in any sort of pain/discomfort from talking at that point

Or do I look like I added a couple pounds but it's nothing horrible and my jaw/chin won't be in any sort of pain/discomfort from talking at that point
it's super obvious, your jaw and only your jaw will be bloated, full chipmunk mode
oh and your jaw will hurt A LOT, it's the hardest part of jaw surgery.

You are better off just asking the surgeon. Pretty sure there is no one better to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back