Retard's Complete Guide To Achieving Happiness

retard

retard

rides a short bus to school
This philosophy is essentially a modified version of Stoicism, which I first thought was some autistic cope to repress you emotions, but it isn't about that at all. It is in essence the polar opposite of @Chintuck22 thread about hedonism (https://looksmax.org/threads/pursuing-hedonism-changed-my-life.211474/)'

The idea is that you only pursue to derive happiness from the things that you enjoy doing, just for the sake of doing, expecting nothing else, except for the enjoyment you derive from doing the said activity. This is essentially the opposite of hedonism, which is pursing power, money, social status, etc simply for the idea that if you do manage to achieve this, you will reach a state of "fulfillment", but this just isn't objectively true. When it comes to gaining hedonic related things, humans will never be content, they will always want more. If you get 5 mil net worth, you will want 10 mil, once you hit 10 mil, you will want 20 mil, etc.

You can take that example and apply it for each hedonic related goal, (money, power, social status), and you will be always chasing "more", never reaching a state of contentment. If you do manage to reach the top of the respective hedonic hierarchy you are attempting to climb, you "lose". If that is what you depend on for happiness, once you reach the top, there is nothing more to gain.

Dan Bilzerian is the perfect example of this. He has insane wealth, social status, and women, yet he says he is "numb" to it all, since he has dominated and reached the top of each hierarchy he climbed in his attempt to reach fulfillment, yet now that the ladder he depended onto climbed to derive happiness is no longer viable, he is left empty with no purpose. Do you think Bilzerian wakes up every morning off of a a massive as fuck dopamine rush because he has achieved everything that can be gained in the materialistic sense? Obviously not. (https://looksmax.org/threads/the-hedonic-treadmill-and-the-key-to-living-a-happy-life.147746/ @looxmakser49)

This is why it is crucial to depend on the things that you derive happiness from, just from the activity itsself. These things are always consistent, they don't throw you into a depression when your mission to become a rich statusmaxxed 7 PSL model fails and you remain an autistic broke subhuman. No matter how poor you are, how ugly, how autistic; you can always go listen to some music and play a video game you enjoy or hang out with a friend and get a sense of enjoyment. These things also do not leave you chasing an endless cycle of wanting more, making yourself a slave to the hedonic treadmill

This is not to say that you shouldn't enjoy the hedonicly pleasing events that come your way, such as becoming rich, better looking, more respected etc, enjoy them to their fullest. They just shouldn't be depended on for your primary source of fulfillment, as it is very unstable, and never lasting.

TLDR for the first part: Do the shit you enjoy, it is the only consistent thing you can depend on to bring your happiness, chasing money, power, status will always leave you wanting more, and is very unstable (assuming you don't meet the goals you tell your self you will be happy if you DO meet)

Part Two: Altering your perception to events

While the first part of the thread served to show how you should derive happiness in the first place, this next part will show how to maximize the happy events in your life, while negating the negative events.

First you most realize that there is nothing objectively "Good" or "Bad" in this universe, events are simply events, and nothing more than that.

It is YOU who decide whether an event is good or bad. There is nothing objectively good in the grand scheme of the universe.

While to a large extent you cannot control the events which happen to you, you do have complete control over how you view these events.

Event happens -> You judge the event -> You give a subsequent emotional reaction based on your judgement

While you cannot alter the event, you can alter your judgement, and by altering your judgement, you can alter your emotional reaction (Instead of getting pissed off, responding with "meh it is what it is")

Here are some examples

Lets take my failed MSE for example, remember this isn't an objectively bad event, it is simply an event, and that is all it is, your judgement is what assigns the good or bad to it.

I could either get pissed the fuck off and say, "Man I injected so much bullshit into my mouth and screwed in so many fucking screws, wasted a ton of fucking money, and it still failed" and have it ruin my entire next week.

Or you can respond "Well I did everything within my limits to install it correctly, and there is nothing more that I could of done, it is what it is." and move on with your day, completely unphased.

On one hand you go from getting pissed off and ruining your next week. While on the other hand it doesn't induce any negative emotions.

Notice you can even take this one step further.

"My MSE may of failed, but now my mom is scared shitless and will let me go to a professional, and I can get it done 100%."

I just took an event that could ruin someone's week, to turning it into a positive, the event was the exact same, THE ONLY thing that changed is my judgement to event.

The same exact logic applies to good events, you can take a meh-okay event, and turn it into something better. Appreciate the simple things you have that can bring you happiness (good food, video games, spending time with friends, listening to music, etc) instead of just drifting through them as another event to get to the next day and taking it for granted.

Obviously you can't turn a scenario with 0 objective benefit into something good, such as a mosquito bite.

However you can still control your judgement/emotional response.

You can either get a mosquito bite and get pissed the fuck off saying "HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING I CANT STOP FUCKING ITCHING IT"

Or respond with "It is what it is, it will go away within the next few days, nothing I can do about, no point in ruining my mood over something I had no effect over in the first place.

Change the things you cannot change, and accept the things you cannot change

side note: im not saying give up on moneymaxxing, looksmaxxing, etc, actually the opposite, the things that you derive happiness from just for the sake of doing (eating good food, fucking hot girls, playing videogames) you need money and looks to do, it only becomes a problem when you chase money or looks with the hope that once you achieve it, you will finally reach a state of fulfillment

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: GalacticHero, Deleted member 15854, jfbjfb and 39 others
First... sorry, good thread
Enjoy my sloppy seconds commenting on this thread

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro, EckhartTollemaxx, Lux and 1 other person
bruh i posted this 4 seconds ago there is 0 chance u even read the first paragraph :lul:

kys jfl
Yeah just finished it, good outlook on life. You've kind of put into words what my thought process has slowly become (there's a fine line between happiness and apathy I feel)

• +1
Reactions: Zdeweilx, BigBoy and retard
This philosophy is essentially a modified version of Stoicism, which I first thought was some autistic cope to repress you emotions, but it isn't about that at all. It is in essence the polar opposite of @Chintuck22 thread about hedonism (https://looksmax.org/threads/pursuing-hedonism-changed-my-life.211474/)'

The idea is that you only pursue to derive happiness from the things that you enjoy doing, just for the sake of doing, expecting nothing else, except for the enjoyment you derive from doing the said activity. This is essentially the opposite of hedonism, which is pursing power, money, social status, etc simply for the idea that if you do manage to achieve this, you will reach a state of "fulfillment", but this just isn't objectively true. When it comes to gaining hedonic related things, humans will never be content, they will always want more. If you get 5 mil net worth, you will want 10 mil, once you hit 10 mil, you will want 20 mil, etc.

You can take that example and apply it for each hedonic related goal, (money, power, social status), and you will be always chasing "more", never reaching a state of contentment. If you do manage to reach the top of the respective hedonic hierarchy you are attempting to climb, you "lose". If that is what you depend on for happiness, once you reach the top, there is nothing more to gain.

Dan Bilzerian is the perfect example of this. He has insane wealth, social status, and women, yet he says he is "numb" to it all, since he has dominated and reached the top of each hierarchy he climbed in his attempt to reach fulfillment, yet now that the ladder he depended onto climbed to derive happiness is no longer viable, he is left empty with no purpose. (https://looksmax.org/threads/the-hedonic-treadmill-and-the-key-to-living-a-happy-life.147746/ @looxmakser49)

This is why it is crucial to depend on the things that you derive happiness from, just from the activity itsself. These things are always consistent, they don't throw you into a depression when your mission to become a rich statusmaxxed 7 PSL model fails and you remain an autistic broke subhuman. No matter how poor you are, how ugly, how autistic; you can always go listen to some music and play a video game you enjoy or hang out with a friend and get a sense of enjoyment. These things also do not leave you chasing an endless cycle of wanting more, making yourself a slave to the hedonic treadmill

This is not to say that you shouldn't enjoy the hedonicly pleasing events that come your way, such as becoming rich, better looking, more respected etc, enjoy them to their fullest. They just shouldn't be depended on for your primary source of fulfillment, as it is very unstable, and never lasting.

TLDR for the first part: Do the shit you enjoy, it is the only consistent thing you can depend on to bring your happiness, chasing money, power, status will always leave you wanting more, and is very unstable (assuming you don't meet the goals you tell your self you will be happy if you DO meet)

While the first part of the thread served to show how you should derive happiness in the first place, this next part will show how to maximize the happy events in your life, while negating the negative events.

First you most realize that there is nothing objectively "Good" or "Bad" in this universe, events are simply events, and nothing more than that.

It is YOU who decide whether an event is good or bad. There is nothing objectively good in the grand scheme of the universe.

While to a large extent you cannot control the events which happen to you, you do have complete control over how you view these events.

Event happens -> You judge the event -> You give a subsequent emotional reaction based on your judgement

While you cannot alter the event, you can alter your judgement, and by altering your judgement, you can alter your emotional reaction (Instead of getting pissed off, responding with "meh it is what it is")

Here are some examples

Lets take my failed MSE for example, remember this isn't an objectively bad event, it is simply an event, and that is all it is, your judgement is what assigns the good or bad to it.

I could either get pissed the fuck off and say, "Man I injected so much bullshit into my mouth and screwed in so many fucking screws, wasted a ton of fucking money, and it still failed" and have it ruin my entire next week.

Or you can respond "Well I did everything within my limits to install it correctly, and there is nothing more that I could of done, it is what it is." and move on with your day, completely unphased.

On one hand you go from getting pissed off and ruining your next week. While on the other hand it doesn't induce any negative emotions.

"My MSE may of failed, but now my mom is scared shitless and will let me go to a professional, and I can get it done 100%."

I just took an event that could ruin someone's week, to turning it into a positive, the event was the exact same, THE ONLY thing that changed is my judgement to event.

The same exact logic applies to good events, you can take a meh-okay event, and turn it into something better. Appreciate the simple things you have that can bring you happiness (good food, video games, spending time with friends, listening to music, etc) instead of just drifting through them as another event to get to the next day and taking it for granted.

Obviously you can't turn a scenario with 0 objective benefit into something good, such as a mosquito bite.

You can either get a mosquito bite and get pissed the fuck off saying "HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING I CANT STOP FUCKING ITCHING IT"

Or respond with "It is what it is, it will go away within the next few days, nothing I can do about, no point in ruining my mood over something I had no effect over in the first place.

side note: im not saying give up on moneymaxxing, looksmaxxing, etc, actually the opposite, the things that you derive happiness from just for the sake of doing (eating good food, fucking hot girls, playing videogames) you need money and looks to do, it only becomes a problem when you chase money or looks with the hope that once you achieve it, you will finally reach a state of fulfillment
I disagree with chasing more part, i said that you should be grateful for what you have, i have abandoned the part where hedonism consumes you (That's satanism).

And there isn't anything that close as hedonism that represents my philosophy. I essentially told people to act natural, like how would you call it.. naturalism (JFL)

Screenshot 20201118 064352 Chrome

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SadnessWYJ, HeavenAdmιn and retard
Yeah yeah, whatever makes you cope in peace i guess..
bro how does it work
if Im in highschool I should drop and go kill president if I feel like it?

bro how does it work
if Im in highschool I should drop and go kill president if I feel like it?
Hahaha! This means that you'll also kill yourself if you don't want to go to prison, it's obvious.

• +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope
Hahaha! This means that you'll also kill yourself if you don't want to go to prison, it's obvious.
yea but what if I wanna live successful life but I dont like highschool and at the same time I wanna kill president
what now

yea but what if I wanna live successful life but I dont like highschool and at the same time I wanna kill president
what now
Cannot live successful life if you don't do something illegal. It's how it works man

• +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope
Cannot live successful life if you don't do something illegal. It's how it works man
yeah but what if I wanna live and die at the same time

• +1
Reactions: Chintuck22
yeah but what if I wanna live and die at the same time
Then do the fucking thing, what are you waiting bro. If your high inhib, buy cocaine and then try to start doing things you said, eventually you'll get killed and die, it's brutal but so the life is.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, AscensionMillenium, BigBoy and 1 other person
Then do the fucking thing, what are you waiting bro. If your high inhib, buy cocaine and then try to start doing things you said, eventually you'll get killed and die.
what the fuck
I was meth addict you think I never did cocaine?

• +1
Then do the fucking thing, what are you waiting bro. If your high inhib, buy cocaine and then try to start doing things you said, eventually you'll get killed and die, it's brutal but so the life is.
btw you should rep my comments faggot this is how it works

• +1
what the fuck
I was meth addict you think I never did cocaine?
Im high T today so you can suck on my balls bro, promise it will be extra mayo this time

• JFL
Reactions: BigBoy and to_stop_da_cope
most users here dont want to do anything for happiness, meanwhile they want insta luck and 10/10 blonde stacy sucking their dick from birth

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Warlow, Deleted member 10524 and 6 others
To better life simply realise there is an opportunity every second for you to change your life

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend
Good first thread

• +1
Reactions: retard
first person who actually read the thread.

• Love it

Dan Bilzerian is the perfect example of this. He has insane wealth, social status, and women, yet he says he is "numb" to it all, since he has dominated and reached the top of each hierarchy he climbed in his attempt to reach fulfillment, yet now that the ladder he depended onto climbed to derive happiness is no longer viable, he is left empty with no purpose. Do you think Bilzerian wakes up every morning off of a a massive as fuck dopamine rush because he has achieved everything that can be gained in the materialistic sense? Obviously not. (https://looksmax.org/threads/the-hedonic-treadmill-and-the-key-to-living-a-happy-life.147746/ @looxmakser49)

Here are some examples

I agree for the most part with stoicism. I resent hedonists and their superficial striving for pleasure. Although there is no denying that the better you look, the more money you make and the more popular you are, the more value you have in this world. Stoicism is hard and it's harder the more shit you're served. Hedonism is the easy way out.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and Deleted member 10524
Whatever you have just said has already been said in religion. I can't speak for other ones but Hinduism has probably one of the wisest and most based philosophies ever read. I am a computer science and Philosophy major and the shit that's in books like Bhagwat Gita and Maha bharat blows mily mind. @retard if you enjoy some mind bending and soothing philosophies give Gita a try bro.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479, Deleted member 10524 and Deleted member 1862

Here are some examples

kinda makes sense ngl

good thread ngl

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Zdeweilx, Deleted member 6512, Need2Ascend and 1 other person
Whatever you have just said has already been said in religion. I can't speak for other ones but Hinduism has probably one of the wisest and most based philosophies ever read. I am a computer science and Philosophy major and the shit that's in books like Bhagwat Gita and Maha bharat blows mily mind. @retard if you enjoy some mind bending and soothing philosophies give Gita a try bro.
alan watts maxx tbh

• +1
Reactions: Pussyslayer
alan watts maxx tbh
There is a reason why great scientists and philosophers are followers of the religion. It's a way of life that's tried and true and leads to a successful way of life. Look what lack of religion is doing to this world, it's becoming degenerate day by day. Beliving in religion is a chad trait tbh.

• +1
Reactions: AscensionMillenium and Deleted member 1862
retarded guide tbh

There is a reason why great scientists and philosophers are followers of the religion. It's a way of life that's tried and true and leads to a successful way of life. Look what lack of religion is doing to this world, it's becoming degenerate day by day. Beliving in religion is a chad trait tbh.

yeah that video gives me chills tbh

Ultimately it's just about having a belief system & a definition of what's right/ wrong. If religion gives that to someone then that's great, as long as it isn't the radicalised blind faith that some espouse I'm fine with it.

• +1
Reactions: Pussyslayer
yeah that video gives me chills tbh

Ultimately it's just about having a belief system & a definition of what's right/ wrong. If religion gives that to someone then that's great, as long as it isn't the radicalised blind faith that some espouse I'm fine with it.
Well, it's more about being spiritual than being religious. Acknowledging that there's something greater and beyond our physical bodies and needs and trying to focus on it while living a modest lifestyle on the temporary floor called life should be the goal of human beings. If we just act like animals, focus on eating, shitting, fucking, and chase hedonism and materialism then there is no use for our consciousness. People in the western world seem no different than animals tbh. All they care about is sex and food

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
Stoihicism, ascetism, coupled with a genuine belief in a derived objective morality that come from a pure monotheism is all you need to fulfill your desire of knowledge, of sense, and of contentement.

• +1
Just look at bill gates and forget your theories, he is happy all the time.

You cant live without seting goals, you have to set the goals, this is in our genes. When you try to escape from this and just act, live by itself without goals, that it itself is a goal, so there is no way around it.

It is natural to want to climb social hierarchy, humans are doing it all the time, most of the humans are on the low end of the side, but they are coping with, muh i m smart, muh i m edgy, muh i know blackpill to trick themselves thinking they are on the high end, they never objectivly rate themselves ase they are.

There are lots of reaserch indicating that, deppression and being low on social hierarchy have very same symptoms and both lover Testosterone, on the other hand winning something and achiving something makes you produce more testosterone, dopamine, serotonin and everything related to happines. So it is just genetics, just like everything else, nobody can outplay that, and if someone tries to do that, he already lost, because he tried to win, therefore set some goal, which is what you are trying to avoid.

The best way to live is just to follow what your genes tell you, they tell you to achive, fuck women, sleep, eat, dominate and etc.
By achiving wealth or power, you are making everything else easier, therefore you achived what your genes told you and your genes will reward you with happines and they are correct, if they tell you to not stop, scince stopping in the world where, everything changes all the time, is a threat.
You should always try to achive something, get something, ro maintain something, that is why succesful people never stop.
They achive big things, then they will enjoy hedonism for while and it qiuckly begins to bore them, and they realise that their happines is coming from fighting, The procces, the thrill, the battle, they dont to it for the money anymore, they love procces.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member 5891, malignant and 1 other person
ONLY WITH REMEMBERING ALLAH CAN YOU ACHEIVE HAPPINESS

@streege @Toodlydood @Shrek2OnDvD

• +1
Reactions: Shrek2OnDvD, Deleted member 6380 and nonserviam
  • +1
Reactions: Chadelite
Just look at bill gates and forget your theories, he is happy all the time.
low iq
correlation isn’t causation + that is a sample size of 1 jfl

low iq
correlation isn’t causation + that is a sample size of 1 jfl
I already knew that, correlation=/=causation, but we are looking,(scientists are looking for)correlation to easily find causation, i knew shit ton of more examples of high status people being like this, not only bill and i explained why are they happy, more than low status people, rather than just providing correlation. correlation does not mean causation necceceraly, but there are plenty Pseudo high iq people who picked up that phrase and dont know where to throw it.

The thing about philosophies is u stick to them for 2 days and fall back into ur comfort zone.

dont force urself to do anything, because its all talk. Change happens organically

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10524, Deleted member 5891 and Zdeweilx
I like this. Very nice!

• +1
Reactions: AscensionMillenium and retard
bumping this criminally underrated thread

wtf retard isnt a retard??

giphy.gif

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10524, Deleted member 5891 and BigBoy
bumping this criminally underrated thread
I see you are also trying to write mediocre theory to sell to middle-aged eggless women for $$$.

I admire that.

Fully agreed. The only thing I would add to the first part is mindfulness. It’s the key to fully enjoying life and any activities you’re doing. I’m still working on this, but part 2 I have on lock and it is an insane mindset for lowering stress overall.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy and retard
Fully agreed. The only thing I would add to the first part is mindfulness. It’s the key to fully enjoying life and any activities you’re doing. I’m still working on this, but part 2 I have on lock and it is an insane mindset for lowering stress overall.
Ya the thing that is so nice about this mindset it isn’t like some shit you have to work on for months to get minimal results, it can be an instantaneous change if you choose it to be

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Deleted member 10097 and oatmeal
those billionaries do it because their work is part of their identity and they genuinely enjoy working.
some yes, but you can’t make that generalization for them all

Here are some examples

nice, i had similar philosophy

• +1
Retards complete guide to coping

• WTF
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: BigBoy, Deleted member 4430 and retard
This is retarded

.me faggots will agree with anything if it has enough words