Retinol causes acne for me, what to do?

D

Deleted member 55631

Gold
I’m currently 20 and don’t want the meme tret. Howveer, trying retinol, it really made me get pimples everywhere. Instead, I use a collagen serum from the secret company EOD.

I also realized that a morning facial cleanser is largely useless as it caused me to also breakout since i’d be washing my face like 5 times a day.

Anyway current routine is:
20 min sauna session after morning workout
After shower:
Moisturize (shave EOD)

Night time:
Salyicic acid wash
Collagen serum (EOD)
Mud mask (once a week)
Moisturize.

This rohtine has def helped skin clear up a bit ngl. Don’t know why retinol is overhyped on here it only works for some skin types. Experiment and do what works best for you

Retinol purge phase take 2-4 weeks
Its normal if you get acne in this period of weeks

• +1
Reactions: user123456, SidharthTheSlayer, Constantin Denis and 1 other person
First going to state the obvious.

There is a purging phase. This phase can last up to three months.

Not the case? Then you’re probably using too high of a dosage for your skin. If your skin feels irritated or dry then you need to cut down on the amount of times you use retinol a week.

Still not helping? Buy a dosage with a lower percentage.

Ofc your skin barrier will get damaged If you were using it with that cleanser

you are a meme for coping with retinol instead of using tret

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SidharthTheSlayer, Maalik and Deleted member 55631
How is Tret a meme?

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
what would u reccomend?
I would say go for a gentle cleanser with 0 active ingredients personally I use “BIOTHER CERA CLEANSER CREAM TO FOAM” since 1 year and buying my 3rd bottle soon

“I’m currently 20 and don’t want the meme tret. ‘ wtf. Ur low iq

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Maalik, Tai Lung and Deleted member 55631
says the retard who thinks tret is legit😂💀
Imagine coping with retinol when tret & tazoratene exist. why arent you using tret. I doubt you even know how retinol vs tret work. Jfl

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tai Lung and Deleted member 55631
Imagine coping with retinol when tret & tazoratene exist. why arent you using tret. I doubt you even know how retinol vs tret work. Jfl
Because collagen serum mogs tf about gaytenoin. also my skin was dogshit on two weeks of tret i simply couldn’t handle it.

jfl at looksmaxxers thinking what works for them is universal

• JFL
Reactions: Maalik and Deleted member 49130
Because collagen serum mogs tf about gaytenoin. also my skin was dogshit on two weeks of tret i simply couldn’t handle it.

jfl at looksmaxxers thinking what works for them is universal
JFL at trying tret for only 2 weeks and giving up. Its supposed to make skin worse for 2 weeks - 1 month, that is part of the purge and shows its working, Doing the 3-2-1 rule can avoid the purge. Why is tret stopping you from using collagen serum? Also combing a topical antibiotic with tret also avoids the purge.

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung
JFL at trying tret for only 2 weeks and giving up. Its supposed to make skin worse for 2 weeks - 1 month, that is part of the purge and shows its working, Doing the 3-2-1 rule can avoid the purge. Why is tret stopping you from using collagen serum? Also combing a topical antibiotic with tret also avoids the purge.
Collagen serum has simply been better for my skin. I’ll use tret in like 3 years. As of rn idrc as my skin is clear and helathy and looks better than it did 5 months ago.

3 month purge, noticible improvements at around 6months of usage.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 49130
Where do you think the oils that clog your pores come from?

Acne is dietary inflammation that blocks pores, your hormones can impact it, but clearing them out and not replenishing them with more oil is the goal

• +1
Reactions: Detective and Maalik
I use tret from skinorac and it takes 2 months around for the purging and then it starts to give good results, same with retinol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back