Shorten Midface and Nose!!! (LEFORT 2 IMPACTION)

D

Deleted member 7681

Iron
What if surgeons made two parallel cuts on LeFort 2 level like this:

LeFort2 768x1024 1

and then took the wedge (highlighted in RED) out??? And move the maxilla UP??? Shortens midface and nose!!! Basically LF2 IMPACTION!!!
Is this anatomically possible with bone grafts and screws and stuff?!
For the soft tissue, just suture key areas of tissue to bone to keep in place when it heals. WHAT DO YOU THINK?!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
Just run reincarnation game bro.

@orthochadic
@Sergio-OMS
@RealSurgerymax

Can I get your opinions?

Not happening. You forget that the nose is more complicated than that. It's attached to the underlying soft tissue and especially in basically every white background, longer/narrow noses have higher bridges which go beyond the LF2 area.

• +1
Reactions: valhalar, Deleted member 5891, Lux and 2 others
Not happening. You forget that the nose is more complicated than that. It's attached to the underlying soft tissue and especially in basically every white background, longer/narrow noses have higher bridges which go beyond the LF2 area.

Your SECOND point does not follow from your FIRST point!!! The nasal bridge is just cuttable BONE! And what if we mobilized the underlying soft tissue during surgery, then repositioned with sutures after so it heals in a more aesthetic position?!?!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe
@orthochadic
@Sergio-OMS
@RealSurgerymax

Can I get your opinions?

Would probably destroy lacrimal duct and more

LeFort II is also the least stable of them all.

• +1
Reactions: Incoming, Deleted member 685, Lux and 2 others
Also, you cannot just take a slice of bone out like that. The thing is that they don't actually cut the bone, it's more like they snap it in half using a controlled method

It is an INCORRECT statement to claim that "they don't actually cut the bone"
They definitely do(!!!):

This actually happened to my buddy eric

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
Would probably destroy lacrimal duct and more

LeFort II is also the least stable of them all.

UNFORTUNATE!!! There must be a WAY AROUND THIS!!! I REFUSE to believe that SHE:
Screen Shot 2020 12 25 at 34645 AM

Screen Shot 2020 12 25 at 34655 AM

can be HEALED:

Screen Shot 2020 12 25 at 34702 AM

but WE cannot fix a simple LONG FACE!!!

SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE!!!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Chintuck22 and RealSurgerymax
It is an INCORRECT statement to claim that "they don't actually cut the bone"
They definitely do(!!!):

Sorry, I wasn't clear. They do cut the bone but it's not like they just jigsaw through it completely like a piece of wood. The cutting is to control along which line the bone breaks

I have edited my original statement to prevent further confusion

Sorry, I wasn't clear. They do cut the bone but it's not like they just jigsaw through it completely like a piece of wood. The cutting is to control along which line the bone breaks

I have edited my original statement to prevent further confusion

I fail to see how your point contradicts the ability for these two parallel cuts to be made, when similar cuts are made routinely in many different variations for syndromic patients... the question is not whether or not these cuts can be made accurately. The question is if it is safe to make these cuts (no nerves or other structures like lacrimal duct [as SurgeryMax mentioned above] getting in the way). I might be missing your point, so please explain!

Last edited:
I fail to see how your point contradicts the ability for these two parallel cuts to be made, when similar cuts are made routinely in many different variations for syndromic patients... please EXPLAIN!
It's not that it's theoretically impossible, but it seems like it would be a lot more difficult to break the bone with precision when you're working with such a thin and fragile slice of bone

This actually happened to my buddy eric
Jfl did you see the tiktok where a girl got pregnant and then this guy duetted saying it was his buddy Eric.... who died recently ....( it was jk obviously)