Skin routine for sensitive skin

D

Deleted member 2587

Solstice
I’ve always tried to have a skin routine but it always seems like it makes things worse than better. If anyone with sensitive skin can list their skin routine it will be helpful thanks

La Roche products seem to usually be recommended for very sensitive skin, together with Tretinoin

I’ve always tried to have a skin routine but it always seems like it makes things worse than better. If anyone with sensitive skin can list their skin routine it will be helpful thanks
[deleted]

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: her
Cetaphil gentle cleanser and Cerave pm moisturizer. For sunscreen use Elta MD clear 46 spf. For sensitive skin, keep it simple. These were all dermatologist recommended to me, don’t go for high priced gimmick products.
A routine to protect against mitochondrial dysfunction, upregulate mitochondrial function, promote mitochondrial biogenesis, recycle misfolded proteins in the skin cell through routine autophagy or selective autophagy (microneedling), and lastly, aiming to prevent and deal with apoptosis (cell death).

1. Protecting against mitochondrial dysfunction, upregulating mitochondrial function, promoting mitochondrial biogenesis (growth of new mitochondria in the skin cell).

CoQ10 to keep healthy functioning mitochondria and PQQ to promote biogenesis through PGC1 alpha activation. Do this in an energy deprived state and do HIIT and exercises that allow for hormetic doses of stress. Use saunas as often as possible to activate SIRT1 and FOXO3.

Use Berberine to take stress off your pancreas. Activating the TBC1D1 pathway allows glucose to be transported to cells without insulin signalling. Cut down on carbs too. Your liver needs a break too and without insulin signalling you'll keep inflammation low throughout your whole body and you'll prevent your liver from having to make IGF-1. Berberine also activates the AMPK fuel channel which fights inflammation and so long as you practice intermittent fasting you'll be able to dive into deeper autophagy and activate the ULK1 pathway due to amino acid starvation. Eventually you will activate the NRF2 pathway which'll allow your body to release it's own anti-inflammatory cytokines.

Also do derminator2 like once per week and allow your skin to recover. Take some Beta Carotene+Omega3+Vitamin E daily and get some natural sunlight. Microneedling is a hormetic stressor which enables selective autophagy and hormetic upregulation of the skin cells. Don't use peppermint oil as your skin is healing from the wounds because it'll inhibit PGE2 quite substantially which is an important anti-inflammatory needed for the healing process. Polyphenols from coffee/decaff and some cashew nuts high in magnesium will also help you.

Read light therapy will also enhanced mitochondrial function in the skin cells so long as you have a device with 650-950nm wavelength which can run on high wattage. Joovv would be the best device to get even though it's expensive. Cheaper alternatives simply aren't as powerful or aren't made for LLLT but usually something else like Infrared Lamp Therapy.
Now in English...

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
Cetaphil gentle cleanser and Cerave pm moisturizer. For sunscreen use Elta MD clear 46 spf. For sensitive skin, keep it simple. These were all dermatologist recommended to me, don’t go for high priced gimmick products.

Now in English...
Cleanse your face with sulphuric acid.

Cleanse your face with sulphuric acid.
PM your document about skincare when you are finished with it. Maybe I am the only one here who makes the effort to comprehend your posts lmao

Stridex pad 1-2x a day, rinse off after 15 min. Apply neutrogena anti-aging cream with retinol after. I don't have wrinkles but this stuff makes me look more youthful anyways.

Use a basic facial cleanser, i don't think which one matters too much

in the evening apply retina-A 1%. wait half an hour, apply a moisturizer mixed with argan oil. Do not use a moisturizer with spf as that stuff messes up my eyes, makes them all red like you've got sunscreen leaking into them all night.

I also apply eucerin over my areas which get reddened by the retin-a/my skin's own natural crappiness. for me this is around the base of my nose and lips. i also use it on my eyelids as regular moisturizer is too runny to put there.

I also use an aztec secret healing clay mask once every 2 weeks or so to help clean out my pores. I use a comedone extraction tool. I'm not sure if this is a great idea for everyone but I need serious extraction for that stuff or I look mega gross.

PM your document about skincare when you are finished with it. Maybe I am the only one here who makes the effort to comprehend your posts lmao
It's not a document. I just wrote it. I've said so many times before that you can get clear skin through healthy skin cells and low inflammation. What I wrote is a catch-all for everything since it'll upregulate all cells in the body that function, recycle and repair damage in them and keep inflammation low within them. This includes all cells, skin, hair, leydig cells, brain cells. Through biogenesis you can literally grow new mitochondria. I'm glad you want to understand but I don't appreciate that half-wit who quoted me saying "in English please".

Just try optimize everything from a cellular level because doing so is literally a "catch-all"; closest thing to a panacea and it's pretty much what I base my looksmaxing around. Taking the time to research and understand biochem will definitely be worth it. You can hair great hair, clear skin, have more energy, libido, strength, motivation, feelings of wellbeing just by doing a few things that can make up your routine. Understanding insulin, carbs and sugar is a good first step. Intermittent fasting is very very useful too and is a staple for me.

• +1
Reactions: hairyballscel, her and Newguyaround
It's not a document. I just wrote it. I've said so many times before that you can get clear skin through healthy skin cells and low inflammation. What I wrote is a catch-all for everything since it'll upregulate all cells in the body that function, recycle and repair damage in them and keep inflammation low within them. This includes all cells, skin, hair, leydig cells, brain cells. Through biogenesis you can literally grow new mitochondria. I'm glad you want to understand but I don't appreciate that half-wit who quoted me saying "in English please".

Just try optimize everything from a cellular level because doing so is literally a "catch-all"; closest thing to a panacea and it's pretty much what I base my looksmaxing around. Taking the time to research and understand biochem will definitely be worth it. You can hair great hair, clear skin, have more energy, libido, strength, motivation, feelings of wellbeing just by doing a few things that can make up your routine. Understanding insulin, carbs and sugar is a good first step. Intermittent fasting is very very useful too and is a staple for me.
red blood cells come to my mind then. If you raise them, couldnt they some how reduce free oxidants, hence, mindering the destruction of cells ?

red blood cells come to my mind then. If you raise them, couldnt they some how reduce free oxidants, hence, mindering the destruction of cells ?
Cell apoptosis really doesn't happen unless you do something extreme. Red blood cell count wouldn't have much to do with skin health. PQQ is an excellent free radical scavenger as it is. But using PQQ without a very specific routine yields more harm than good. Using it with a very specific and consistent routine is amazing.

Cell apoptosis really doesn't happen unless you do something extreme. Red blood cell count wouldn't have much to do with skin health. PQQ is an excellent free radical scavenger as it is. But using PQQ without a very specific routine yields more harm than good. Using it with a very specific and consistent routine is amazing.
PQQ mostly found in meat? So is high meat diet ideal ? With IF and every other healthy habit

PQQ mostly found in meat? So is high meat diet ideal ? With IF and every other healthy habit
I think it's found in cocoa at like 40ng /100g; and that's the food that contains the most. Supplements are usually 20mg per cap. Meaning 1 cap = 5000KG of dark chocolate.

• +1
Reactions: Gebirgscel and her
I think it's found in cocoa at like 40ng /100g; and that's the food that contains the most. Supplements are usually 20mg per cap. Meaning 1 cap = 5000KG of dark chocolate.
I still get 2-4 breakouts every 2 weeks even though I’ve been using tretinoin 0.05% for 4 months. How can I prevent the breakouts?

I still get 2-4 breakouts every 2 weeks even though I’ve been using tretinoin 0.05% for 4 months. How can I prevent the breakouts?
Diet.

Do everything

Bro y’all talking crazy all I asked was for a simple routine

• JFL
Reactions: Mateusz74 and her