Skincels and Ex-Skincels GTFIH

silencio

silencio

2026 i'm coming
What made your acne dissappear/get better? Some type of cream, diet or lifestyle change, or perhaps accutane?

I'm currently on 30mg accutane @ 5th week, taking antihistamine (desloratadin), doing my basic skincare + spf, while exercising regularly with sun exposure. Good diet too, with minimal dairy and carbs, avoiding processed/fried foods, kinda like @Amnesia 's diet thread.

Is there anything else that i'm not doing that could help my condition? Any suggestions?

What made your acne dissappear/get better? Some type of cream, diet or lifestyle change, or perhaps accutane?

I'm currently on 30mg accutane @ 5th week, taking antihistamine (desloratadin), doing my basic skincare + spf, while exercising regularly with sun exposure. Good diet too, with minimal dairy and carbs, avoiding processed/fried foods, kinda like @Amnesia 's diet thread.

Is there anything else that i'm not doing that could help my condition? Any suggestions?
imo finasteride is better than accutane for acne, at least if you are tanner stage 5

• JFL
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel
imo finasteride is better than accutane for acne, at least if you are tanner stage 5
Why would you think that?

Also I'm 16 year old, not gonna rape my DHT if i'm not even balding.

Why would you think that?

Also I'm 16 year old, not gonna rape my DHT if i'm not even balding.
because DHT causes acne

i don't see why not, DHT is useful only for dick growth and in childhood from what i've seen

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sirmimbing and silencio
because DHT causes acne

i don't see why not, DHT is useful only for dick growth and in childhood from what i've seen
I'm 16 and you want to inhibit me to inhibit my DHT, the hormone that stimulates the development of male characteristics in puberty. You really want to make me cuck myself from possible penile and facial hair growth? JFL

• +1
Reactions: STUPIDREFEREES
I'm 16 and you want to inhibit me to inhibit my DHT, the hormone that stimulates the development of male characteristics in puberty. You really want to make me cuck myself from possible penile and facial hair growth? JFL
Personally i don't want any facial hair since young girls are disgusted by it. The men girls in their prime like have no facial hair at all if you look at tiktok, ig, pinterest. It only appeals to roasties, but if you want it then you do you. it just hides your jawline

Penis growth is semi-relevant, in the 5AR deficient men (the discovery of this genetic mutation caused the development of fin) DHT was responsible for penis growth in childhood, so they had a micropenis but in puberty testosterone took over the role that DHT naturally has and most had normal penis growth. Still i wouldn't take that risk, that's why i wrote that ïf you are tanner stage 5 it is better

i don't know of any other male characteristics DHT develops, it developing frame is a myth

• +1
Reactions: silencio
Personally i don't want any facial hair since young girls are disgusted by it. The men girls in their prime like have no facial hair at all if you look at tiktok, ig, pinterest. It only appeals to roasties, but if you want it then you do you. it just hides your jawline

Penis growth is semi-relevant, in the 5AR deficient men (the discovery of this genetic mutation caused the development of fin) DHT was responsible for penis growth in childhood, so they had a micropenis but in puberty testosterone took over the role that DHT naturally has and most had normal penis growth. Still i wouldn't take that risk, that's why i wrote that ïf you are tanner stage 5 it is better

i don't know of any other male characteristics DHT develops, it developing frame is a myth
The first part is right, right now I don't want too facial hair as its problematic to shave with acne. But I never had facial hair, so in the future I might look good with it.

My argument is that why does DHT exist in puberty and adulthood? Usually when something exists in our body it has a positive function, and its there for a reason. With inhibiting DHT for basically no reason, you're cucking yourself from it's function whatever that is. For something miniscule health issue like acne, it's not worth to possibly cuck your hormones, that will lead to issues later in life IMO.

• +1
Reactions: cyprian_tomaszewski
The first part is right, right now I don't want too facial hair as its problematic to shave with acne. But I never had facial hair, so in the future I might look good with it.

My argument is that why does DHT exist in puberty and adulthood? Usually when something exists in our body it has a positive function, and its there for a reason. With inhibiting DHT for basically no reason, you're cucking yourself from it's function whatever that is. For something miniscule health issue like acne, it's not worth to possibly cuck your hormones, that will lead to issues later in life IMO.
In evolution it is the job of the gene to duplicate itself, and once it does it doesn't "care" about what happens to the host (in this case a human) and in a natural enviroment people reproduce very early on in life. Since even guys who carry the male patter baldness gene have hair early on the trait couldn't be eliminated from the population. That could be why we have DHT in adulthood, there was no pressure to eliminate it since it's negative effects would only come up AFTER the genes are already passed.

Maybe another reason is that DHT causes body hair and facial hair growth which were useful in the old days just due to the reduced heat loss. Also there was a study which showed having a beard made punches to you chin do 40% less damage - this seems like a very unlikely reason to me but it's also something to consider

There are other theoretical reasons to answer you question but i don't think it really matters. The trials on fin were made on people 18+, the reason why was that it's obviously easier to get consent for a study from an adult, studies on >18 guys are just harder to make, the artificial cutoff at 18 doesn't matter. Fin was on the market for 30 years and we had yet to see any serious side effect from inhibiting the majority of you DHT. If you were to inhibit the majority of your T levels 100% of men would get very serious side effects right away.

However fin has side effects only in 2-4% of guys and they mostly go away with continued use. If they don't stopping the drug makes them go away 100% of the time. and the sides are stuff like low libido, ED etc. not problems with development like you worry about. If DHT did something in adults we would had known it after 30 years.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK557634/ "'DHT does not play a significant role in the normal physiology of adults. The most notable effects are prostate enlargement and male pattern hair loss as they age."

After tanner stage 5 DHT only does these: facial hair development, body hair growth, causes acne, causes male pattern baldness, enlarges the prostate

because DHT causes acne

Normal metabolic healthy people have NO problems with dht causing acne

There is a reason, fixing the root metabolic problem should be the GOAL

• Love it
Reactions: BrahminBoss