Standing further away from the mirror

M

Mayor

Iron
I've noticed that in almost every mirror, I look much better when I stand at least 1 to 2 meters away. Its actually a drastic change, I feel like I go from a 4.5 to a 7. Is there a reason why and is your image standing further away more accurate than when you're closer ?

I've noticed that in almost every mirror, I look much better when I stand at least 1 to 2 meters away. Its actually a drastic change, I feel like I go from a 4.5 to a 7. Is there a reason why and is your image standing further away more accurate than when you're closer ?
being closer would show your flaws more so a mirror like 1-2 meters away would be more accurate because thats how far away people are from you most of the time

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: try2beme and parsekes
mirrors don't work like lenses do, so it's placebo. the features are preserved the further you are from it.

mirrors don't work like lenses do, so it's placebo. the features are preserved the further you are from it.
actually I think there is slight distortion when you come really close, but it’s definitely different from a camera lens

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32973 and parsekes
actually I think there is slight distortion when you come really close, but it’s definitely different from a camera lens
yes, when you're really close. I think it has more to do with perspective and the way your eyes perceive depthness tbh

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999