Study proving the correlation of hair loss with muscle usage

AutisticBeaner

AutisticBeaner

Nosebreather

Interestingly, a triggering stimulus that can alter the inactive standby status of Hic-5 is the deformation of the cytoskeleton by physical forces;[15,16] therefore, mechanical stimulation can promote overexpression of molecular signals implicated in AGA pathogenesis.

I'm not gonna pretend that I perfectly understand this sentence but what it's mainly saying is that what they refer to as mechanical stimulation is a direct result of muscle usage (physical forces). AGA stand for androgenetic alopecia, which is just pattern hair loss.

The result was a highly significant correlation (r: −0.885, P < 0.001) that clearly identifies a mechanical factor in AGA development.

also take a look at this article:

Bald subjects had a positive response when injected with Botox into the muscles surrounding the scalp, including frontalis, temporalis, periauricular, and occipitalis muscles. Conceptually, Botox “loosens” the scalp, reducing pressure on the perforating vasculature, thereby increasing blood flow and oxygen concentration. This leads to reduced hair loss and new hair growth [21].

also interesting quote at the end of the article

Craniofacial development plays an important role in hair loss: indeed it is the real underlying cause that gives predisposition to baldness. Predisposition means that it is possible to see people with a poor craniofacial development and no signs of hair loss, but it is not possible to see bald people with a good craniofacial development. If spotting a bald person, you will be 100% sure that he has jaw problems to some extent. Look around and try yourself! So, do you still believe in the androgenetic theory?

And just so nobody misunderstand this, by bald they don't mean jeremy meeks bald, instead they mean fully bald.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Beetlejuice, TheChosenChad, Darkstrand and 4 others
Being a twink like a male model is legit if so.

I'd simply do cardio to be lean/in shape... and not train my muscles so I have my hair on my head longer.

Because hair > muscles.

• +1
Reactions: Marsiere214

I'd simply do cardio to be lean/in shape... and not train my muscles so I have my hair on my head longer.

Because hair > muscles.
no no, don't quit exercising. i think i didn't make it clear enough, this isn't about all the muscles on your body. this is about the muscles around your skull, like the frontalis muscle.

Frontalismuscle

you see?

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, datboijj, Deleted member 7076 and 10 others
no no, don't quit exercising. i think i didn't make it clear enough, this isn't about all the muscles on your body. this is about the muscles around your skull, like the frontalis muscle.
So basically force and pressure exerted on the skull and surrounding muscles can cause balding?

i think people who chew gum are somewhat likely to fall for this.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090, Deleted member 9852 and CsCurry
So basically force and pressure exerted on the skull and surrounding muscles can cause balding?

i think people who chew gum are somewhat likely to fall for this.
no, i doubt the masseters matter. quoted from the article:
frontalis, temporalis, periauricular, and occipitalis muscles

these are the ones in question

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090, Subhuman Philtrum and xefo
no, i doubt the masseters matter. quoted from the article:

these are the ones in question
But I swear temporalis muscles are always tensed along with your masseters when you chew food or gum.

• +1
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate, DianabolDownie, Deleted member 6723 and 1 other person
But I swear temporalis muscles are always tensed along with your masseters when you chew food or gum.
i'm chewing as we speak lol. you might feel some tension in the area of the browbone. after all, there's a lot of stress going through your skull when chewing:
Bruxism luco Fig3 4

the temporalis muscle, however, is definitely not being used.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 685, SadnessWYJ, Deleted member 6403 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: Beetlejuice, Deleted member 9090, nonserviam and 1 other person
no wait i'm an idiot i misunderstood your reply. for some reason my brain was thinking of the frontalis muscle when you mentioned the temporalis muscle. obviously the temporalis muscle is being used when chewing lol. according to the article, if you use that muscle enough often then at some point the hair will fall out. this only concerns the hair that is above the temporalis muscle, so at the side of the head. and as you probably know it's really rare to see someone that's bald in those areas. so unless you chew for like 4 hours a day every single day for the rest of your life you won't notice much hairloss there until old age.

• +1
Reactions: DianabolDownie, Darkstrand and john2
@DrTony

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
holy fuck ive been using my frontalis 24/7

holy fuck ive been using my frontalis 24/7
yea i had been doing the same thing before, always squinting through the school hallway jfl. plus my head posture used to be appalling so my hair would have gone bye bye real quick.

• +1
Reactions: Subhuman Philtrum and Deleted member 6403
How can you relax those muscles

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9837
Both my grandad and dad are bald. Norwood reaper is inevitable for me.

• +1
Reactions: Beetlejuice, Deleted member 12856 and RealLooksmaxxer
2015 Jul-Sep;

>2015

Yeah, ok, that is a piece o f bullshit. Because if that would yield anything, we'd have it all over right now in 2020.

If it was true, dermastamping would work wonders. It just doesn't.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, RAITEIII and Deleted member 685
How can you relax those muscles
for the neck muscles, make sure to always have good neck and head posture. as for the frontalis muscles, just don't use them as much. most of the time they're used when the sun is shining at us and we do this:
Gettyimages 186862052 612x612

find a way around this, for a example by wearing a cap or sunglasses, or by just consciously not using your frontalis

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 9837
2015 Jul-Sep;

>2015

Yeah, ok, that is a piece o f bullshit. Because if that would yield anything, we'd have it all over right now in 2020.

If it was true, dermastamping would work wonders. It just doesn't.
you'd be surprised by how much information has been around for years that the public doesn't know about

you'd be surprised by how much information has been around for years that the public doesn't know about
I'm just not buying that. Hairloss forums are obsessed with this shit and its a billion dollar industry, if all boiled down to "just do scalp exercises brah" or "just don't flex your brow brah" the HT industry wouldn't exist.

So basically get botox in forehead???

Been considering that anyway because it decreases UEE

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII, Deleted member 6382 and AutisticBeaner
I'm just not buying that. Hairloss forums are obsessed with this shit and its a billion dollar industry, if all boiled down to "just do scalp exercises brah" or "just don't flex your brow brah" the HT industry wouldn't exist.
i haven't said a word about scalp exercises. not flexing your brow is only one half of the story, but do you really think any of those guys ever came up with that idea? and even if they somehow did, they'd react exactly like you, saying "this can't be it, it's too simple". no wonder none of them have figured it out.

Because hair > muscles.
Holy fuck jfl at your comprehension skills

• JFL
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
Reminder op believes in mewing. Take everything he says with a grain of salt

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • WTF
Reactions: datboijj, Deleted member 4430, Deleted member 7173 and 3 others
  • Love it
Reactions: datboijj
Why would this be though? surely if you use that muscle more often the more blood flow you're get to that area?

Why would this be though? surely if you use that muscle more often the more blood flow you're get to that area?
that's what the article would explain
Interestingly, a triggering stimulus that can alter the inactive standby status of Hic-5 is the deformation of the cytoskeleton by physical forces;[15,16] therefore, mechanical stimulation can promote overexpression of molecular signals implicated in AGA pathogenesis.
but i don't really understand either how exactly muscle usage leads to tension

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9837
This theory is legit lookism.net has already been aware of this but looksmax.me just apparently found out

there was a study posted where Botoxing the scalp causes it to be as effective or slightly more than finasteride

apparently dht and inflammation from the muscles stressing goes straight to the scalp accelerating hair loss

• +1
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate and AutisticBeaner
Abandonship claims that you believe in the practice of pressing your tongue against your maxilla to make you gl.
i believe that we're supposed to have correct tongue posture and that that leads to all the effects that mike talks about. it can lead to drastic changes if you start mewing in your childhood and the older you get, the slower the effects. logically, this means that the effects don't just stop at a certain age but that the effects become less and less significant until they become irrelevant. i've seen somewhat of a change in my face over the two years that i've been mewing, but it's nothing life changing.

"but it is not possible to see bald people with a good craniofacial development. If spotting a bald person, you will be 100% sure that he has jaw problems to some extent. Look around and try yourself! So, do you still believe in the androgenetic theory?"

jeremy meeks? freddy ljungberg and jason statham have poor jaws?

not saying the rest isnt legit but this one sounds like bullock

or did i understand this wrong?

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath
Crazy crazy

yeah bro sure, poor cranial facial development here

"but it is not possible to see bald people with a good craniofacial development. If spotting a bald person, you will be 100% sure that he has jaw problems to some extent. Look around and try yourself! So, do you still believe in the androgenetic theory?"

jeremy meeks? freddy ljungberg and jason statham have poor jaws?

not saying the rest isnt legit but this one sounds like bullock

or did i understand this wrong?
yea that statement sounded like an exaggeration to me too, it depends a bit on what exactly he means with "good craniofacial development" though. the reason meeks went bald has to be his incel head posture, kind of odd that he has this posture in the first place though, considering how good his development is.
jason statham is actually mentioned in the second hair loss article on that site:
Jasonstatham

Jason Statham, English actor. Notice his posture with an increased kyphotic curve and the tightened muscles on the side of the neck while he turns his head, i.e. reduced neck mobility.

ljungberg is kind of a riddle to me. his posture seems pretty good. maybe he has some sort of a frequent squinting habit, idk.

• Love it
Reactions: datboijj
why then finasteride works

yes a single exception disproves everything. you're arguing like a kid that's in elementary school
Although there are many unknowns, the current medical world has accepted androgenetic factors as the main underlying cause of hair loss. HOWERVER.... here comes all the bullshit

this shit is probably like the mewing theories of orthodontics

• +1
Reactions: Sikkunt23
Although there are many unknowns, the current medical world has accepted androgenetic factors as the main underlying cause of hair loss. HOWERVER.... here comes all the bullshit

this shit is probably like the mewing theories of orthodontics
dude, androgenetic factors are what the average person thinks are the causes of balding. what comes after the "however" are the reasons why that theory doesn't work.

• JFL
Reactions: Sikkunt23
for the neck muscles, make sure to always have good neck and head posture. as for the frontalis muscles, just don't use them as much. most of the time they're used when the sun is shining at us and we do this:
View attachment 778693
find a way around this, for a example by wearing a cap or sunglasses, or by just consciously not using your frontalis
that's not the frontalis though. frontalis is used to raise your eyebrows, not to squint

idk...
my grandfather is a recessed fucker, and he has a considerable amount of hair , 76 years old here in the photo, he dyes his hair black

according to this, could training the neck cause this negative tension? or would it be positive if it helps in posture?

• +1
Reactions: Sikkunt23 and Mouthbreath