Study proving the correlation of hair loss with muscle usage

i'm chewing as we speak lol. you might feel some tension in the area of the browbone. after all, there's a lot of stress going through your skull when chewing:
View attachment 510419
the temporalis muscle, however, is definitely not being used.
Try to clench while feeling your temporalis muscles, feel behind your brow-ridge a bit higher up, it should contract.
It's a chewing muscle.
You sure you don't feel anything? Mine visibly contracts.

Behind the zygo you can see where it inserts

Just a google , but if you search "what does the temporalis muscle do?" the results will all say its a chewing muscle

Just as another note- whenever I chew, my temporal muscles literally get a pump jfl, It makes me look deformed and they start sticking out past my zygomatic arch

Last edited:
"but it is not possible to see bald people with a good craniofacial development. If spotting a bald person, you will be 100% sure that he has jaw problems to some extent. Look around and try yourself! So, do you still believe in the androgenetic theory?"

jeremy meeks? freddy ljungberg and jason statham have poor jaws?

not saying the rest isnt legit but this one sounds like bullock

or did i understand this wrong?
yeah it sounds like pseudoscience tbh

• +1
Reactions: Sikkunt23
Try to clench while feeling your temporalis muscles, feel behind your brow-ridge a bit higher up, it should contract.
It's a chewing muscle.

View attachment 780120 Behind the zygo you can see where it inserts

Just a google , but if you search "what does the temporalis muscle do?" the results will all say its a chewing muscle
View attachment 780122

Just as another note- whenever I chew, my temporal muscles literally get a pump jfl, It makes me look deformed and they start sticking out past my zygomatic arch

• +1
Reactions: DianabolDownie
that's not the frontalis though. frontalis is used to raise your eyebrows, not to squint
the frontalis is also used to lower your eyebrows, that's the thing you do when the sun is shining on you

It's a chewing muscle.

View attachment 780120 Behind the zygo you can see where it inserts

View attachment 780122

yea i confused the temporalis with the frontalis muscle in that post, i follow it up right afterward

• +1
Reactions: DianabolDownie
i'm chewing as we speak lol. you might feel some tension in the area of the browbone. after all, there's a lot of stress going through your skull when chewing:
View attachment 510419
the temporalis muscle, however, is definitely not being used.
Does this mean ut have direct force on infaorbitals and chin? Brb chewing

according to this, could training the neck cause this negative tension? or would it be positive if it helps in posture?
having a stronger neck helps avoid tension, but make sure that the neck training doesn't cause any additional tension

Does this mean ut have direct force on infaorbitals and chin? Brb chewing
it creates tension everywhere, even at the back of your skull

• +1
Reactions: SadnessWYJ
this seems counter intuitive to everything I know about balding ngl
what exactly does it seem counter intuitive to?

what exactly does it seem counter intuitive to?
alternate contraction of the occipitalis muscle (back of the head) and frontalis muscle (used to lift the eyebrow) is supposed to be legit for preventing balding, due to balding being based on a lack of oxygen to the scalp

alternate contraction of the occipitalis muscle (back of the head) and frontalis muscle (used to lift the eyebrow) is supposed to be legit for preventing balding, due to balding being based on a lack of oxygen to the scalp
really? well maybe they didn't think that this contraction could lead to tension which in turn keeps oxygen from reaching the scalp, but i dunno

• +1
Reactions: xefo

I'm not gonna pretend that I perfectly understand this sentence but what it's mainly saying is that what they refer to as mechanical stimulation is a direct result of muscle usage (physical forces). AGA stand for androgenetic alopecia, which is just pattern hair loss.

also take a look at this article:

also interesting quote at the end of the article

And just so nobody misunderstand this, by bald they don't mean jeremy meeks bald, instead they mean fully bald.
"Predisposition means that it is possible to see people with a poor craniofacial development and no signs of hair loss, but it is not possible to see bald people with a good craniofacial development."
This is number one bullshit

• +1
"Predisposition means that it is possible to see people with a poor craniofacial development and no signs of hair loss, but it is not possible to see bald people with a good craniofacial development."
This is number one bullshit
yea, bit of an exaggeration i think. but he's got a point

no, i doubt the masseters matter. quoted from the article:

these are the ones in question
Are you dumb? The temporalis muscle is directly connected to the masseter and the temporalis muscle is directly correlated with midface length which you talk so much about.
"1.15 ideal midface ratio"

• +1
Genetics. Some people get bald no matter what. Some don't.

yea, bit of an exaggeration i think. but he's got a point
A BIT of an exaggeration? It's a huge thing to claim balding is largely linked to facial growth to begin with especially when alot of occipital muscles aren't related to that at all, it's another thing to say there's no bald people with good facial growth

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
  • +1
for the neck muscles, make sure to always have good neck and head posture. as for the frontalis muscles, just don't use them as much. most of the time they're used when the sun is shining at us and we do this:
View attachment 778693
find a way around this, for a example by wearing a cap or sunglasses, or by just consciously not using your frontalis
OH you've got to be KIDDING

@curryslayerordeath I'm probably getting on your nerves at this point, but if you're looking for some joy and good laughter give this bs a look. I'm done with this place

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sikkunt23 and Good_Little_Goy
for the neck muscles, make sure to always have good neck and head posture. as for the frontalis muscles, just don't use them as much. most of the time they're used when the sun is shining at us and we do this:
View attachment 778693
find a way around this, for a example by wearing a cap or sunglasses, or by just consciously not using your frontalis
Or by aspie maxxing

• +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
could you stop polluting my thread with your brainlet comments? get your bitterness out somewhere else
Kill yourself you autistic low iq faggot, you have literally NO IDEA wtf you're even saying. All the bullshit coming out of your mouth originates from a pathetic despicable human being known as AutisticBeaner.

really? well maybe they didn't think that this contraction could lead to tension which in turn keeps oxygen from reaching the scalp, but i dunno
actually this makes sense. i used to believe that "scalp mewing" was legit, but the more you contract a muscle the more it will shorten over time, increasing its resting contraction state which causes lots of mechanical stress on the scalp. so right now i believe the safest thing you can do is just to not use those muscles and avoid possible stress on your scalp

• +1
actually this makes sense. i used to believe that "scalp mewing" was legit, but the more you contract a muscle the more it will shorten over time, increasing its resting contraction state which causes lots of mechanical stress on the scalp. so right now i believe the safest thing you can do is just to not use those muscles and avoid possible stress on your scalp
this shortening isn't permanent though, is it? if you stretched the muscle, would it increase in length again?

so squinting is accelerating my hair loss?

• +1
this shortening isn't permanent though, is it? if you stretched the muscle, would it increase in length again?
yeah, obviously a muscle can lengthen over time if you stop using it since it's gonna be subject to the forces of its antagonist muscle group

• +1
Interesting thread

How would this explain males predominantly being affected by hair loss, I see girls squint all the time.

• +1
Interesting thread

How would this explain males predominantly being affected by hair loss, I see girls squint all the time.
not all hair works the same. females naturally have much less protected eyes, so they squint much more. now because losing hair is very evolutionarily disadvantageous, especially for a woman (purely from an attractive perspective), evolution has made their hair much more resistant to tension. though it's interesting that you can still observe how females with less protected eyes generally have a slightly more recessed hairline.
i actually think a similar thing is going on with black people (and potentially other ethnicities) who seem to have slightly weaker browridges (at least than whites) on average. so their hair might be a bit more resistant too.

• +1
Reactions: THEMOGEE
Time to botox maxx

• +1
What should I.do to stop hair loss? Don't squint and have good head posture??

• +1
Being high T --> Being more angry --> Muscles in the head are always contracting --> Less blood flow --> Less oxygen and nutrients --> More hair loss.

This your theory?

• +1
Reactions: diggbicc
If scalp tension were the cause of balding then finasteride would not work. Finasteride targets dht binding to hair follicles and that is all and yet it works wonders. Fin does absolutely nothing to scalp tension. This study is bs. Scalp tension could potentially play a minor role but it is not the main cause otherwise dht blocking molecules would not work.

If scalp tension were the cause of balding then finasteride would not work. Finasteride targets dht binding to hair follicles and that is all and yet it works wonders. Fin does absolutely nothing to scalp tension. This study is bs. Scalp tension could potentially play a minor role but it is not the main cause otherwise dht blocking molecules would not work.
Scalp massages help with tension, also its tension causing a lack of blood flow which minox would fix

Dht is responsible for muscle hardness and density. This is why a muscular 180 lbs man is way stronger than a woman who is also muscular at 180lbs.
if you reduce your dht your muscles will become softer and erections floppier. So when you take fin it actually makes your muscles softer, including the scalp, it is due to this that hair is restored, not by direct action.
Fin works indirectly.

• +1
Reactions: nofap
Being high T --> Being more angry --> Muscles in the head are always contracting --> Less blood flow --> Less oxygen and nutrients --> More hair loss.

This your theory?
not exactly. where did you get the "high t" from?

just because one way to prevent balding works doesn't mean the other doesn't work

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
temporalis might very well be the cause temporal balding

i know this because now that my temporalis muscle has atrophied since i learned how to chew correctly using only my lower masseters my temple hair is literally coming all back
the left side has atrophied completely pretty much compared to the right and coincidentally the right side has way less hair coming back

left side also has these veins right under the temples popping more than the right. and btw I have never had these veins there before when my temples were hypertrophied.

this is really interesting tbh

also i do not contract the left temporalis when chewing. whereas I do contract slighly but significantly my right temporalis

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: diggbicc

i know this because now that my temporalis muscle has atrophied since i learned how to chew correctly using only my lower masseters my temple hair is literally coming all back
the left side has atrophied completely pretty much compared to the right and coincidentally the right side has way less hair coming back

left side also has these veins right under the temples popping more than the right. and btw I have never had these veins there before when my temples were hypertrophied.

also i do not contract the left temporalis when chewing. whereas I do contract slighly but significantly my right temporalis
with temporal balding you mean the few hairs that we have on the sides of our forehead which some people lose?

how do you chew? like what is the correct way?