suction hold will only prevent further regression,

Deleted member 1973

Deleted member 1973

pastebin.com/Tb8AYcyk
only in kids will it give any results. Suction hold works when you're young and still growing, the tongue is still growing therefore the maxilla will grow, as an adult a suction hold will do nothing. Furthermore, the strength of the suction hold and seal is dependent on the size/flatness of your palate, if you have a narrow and high vaulted palate your suction hold and lip seal is going to be weak compared to a wide and flat palate. On soft vs hard mewing as he defines it I disagree with Mike Mew, I think the tongue sweep and mew push swallow is pointless for the most part except for getting a mind muscle connection to the tongue, a suction happens naturally, you shouldn't need to suck the saliva off the roof of the mouth to suction. He also likes to use the example of a tumor to make his point, the difference between a tumor and the tongue is the tumor is unyielding, if it's 1 cm wide it's 1 cm wide, the tongue is malleable and conforms to the palate, if it's 55 mm wide flat, it can still fit into a 35 mm wide palate. You need force, resting tongue posture/suction hold exerts little to no force. The optimal force is the one you can hold 24/7, that doesn't raise your heart beat, doesn't cause sharp pain, doesn't cause stress, and you can sleep with. Mike Mew seems to think if you just adopt a natural resting posture, ie mouth closed tongue, resting on the roof of the mouth, you will get change...eventually, no, you will not get any change just closing your mouth and hoping for the best. Truth is mewing with force isn't exactly a natural resting posture, but if you want change as an adult it's necessary.

me dodging any word
1973.jpg

• Ugh..
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Julius and Deleted member 1973
This is why it's said some may need MSE to accentuate mewing