surgeries for eye area

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
I'm just putting this here for my reference. I can never remember what they all mean and what they do.

Canthoplasty
  • What can it solve?
    • Negative canthal tilt
    • Droopy lower eyelids
    • Scleral show
  • How does it do it?
    • Reshapes the lateral canthus and nearby area of the eyes
Canthopexy
  • What can it solve?
    • Droopy lower eyelids
    • Scleral show
  • How does it do it?
    • Tightens the skin underneath the eye. Less invasive but less versatile version of the canthoplasty.

Blepharoplasty
  • What can it solve?
    • Removal of excess skin on upper or lower eyelid
    • Hooding from skin (bad) rather than from a hanging brow (good)
  • How does it do it?
    • Removes skin and other issue and strengthens eye muscles
  • Notes: Much more common with women, most results with men I see don't need it or would more benefit from orbital implants

Ptosis Repair Surgery
  • What can it solve?
    • Weakened levator muscle in the eye
  • How does it do it?
    • Tightens or shortens the upper eyelid muscle so that it can fully lift and open the eyelid
    • A weakened levator muscle means the eyelid cannot be maintained fully open. As a result of this weakened muscle, the eyebrows rise to compensate, so in addition to reducing upper eyelid exposure it also creates more hooding
  • Notes: Cheap, quick surgery, the bread and butter of all oculoplastic surgeons

Saddled Infraorbital Rim Implant
  • What can it solve?
    • Recessed undereye area
    • Scleral show
    • Bulging appearance to the immediate undereye area
  • How does it do it?
    • Adds projection to the undereye area
    • The saddle provides a quasi-canthopexy that lifts the lower eyelid a few mm

Supraorbital Implant
  • What can it solve?
    • Recessed supraorbital rim, causes bulging eye appearance to the immediate above-eye area
  • How does it do it?
    • Adds projection to the above-eye area

Botox to the Eyebrow
  • What can it solve?
    • Upper eyelid exposure
  • How does it do it?
    • Paralyzes muscles in the brow so that it naturally lowers

Eye Fillers
  • What can it solve?
    • Upper eyelid exposure
    • Recessed infraorbital rims
  • How does it do it?
    • Fillers. Self-explanatory

Fat Grafts
  • What can it solve?
    • Upper eyelid exposure
    • Recessed infraorbital rims
  • How does it do it?
    • By grafting fat. Self-explanatory

Orbital Decompression
  • What can it solve?
    • Bulging eyes
  • How does it do it?
    • Moves the eyes further into the skull

Orbital Box Osteotomy
  • What can it solve?
    • IPD too wide or narrow
  • How does it do it?
    • Moving the eyes closer together or further apart lol

Lower Eyelid Retraction Surgery
  • Not any particular surgery, just refers to the surgeries from the above (usually a mix of canthoplasty, blepharoplasty, and canthopexy) a surgeon may use to fix lower eyelid "retraction" (when the lower eyelid droops too low).

How to solve upper eyelid exposure
  • There is no one size fits all solution. It will require one, or a combination of the following: ptosis repair, supraorbital implant, fat grafts, fillers, botox to the eyebrow. It depends on the cause of your upper eyelid exposure.

• +1
Reactions: angelo, Tobias Fünke, looksseg and 2 others
You're never getting OBO

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29155
Although Eppley apparently does a less invasive version of it that can get you 10mm

Are there even surgeons that do it for cosmetic reasons
Yes there are a few. It's certainly difficult and you need to look around. You also need a lot of money and disinhibition. So all and all most people won't get it but if you are 100% adamant about getting it you can.

Although Eppley apparently does a less invasive version of it that can get you 10mm

Almost no one needs more than 10mm. If you do it's so fucking over.

Problem is that one doesn't take care of the upper orbit and there aren't enough B/A to assess its aesthetic impact.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29155
Eye surgeries are such a fucking rabbit hole. I originally ended up on this site to fix my eye area and I wish the solution was as easy as deciding between an implant or bimax.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18582
I think I'll be getting the following
  1. Saddled infraorbital rim
  2. Ptosis repair
  3. Botox to the brow
  4. If necessary, additional canthopexy.
These are the proper solutions to my particular functional and aesthetic problems.

Slop peacing out

Yes there are a few. It's certainly difficult and you need to look around. You also need a lot of money and disinhibition. So all and all most people won't get it but if you are 100% adamant about getting it you can.
How is it possible for a non deformed person to get obo? Bribe these surgeons extra cash? I heard peeps getting obo without having an actual deformity in their faces and just want to increase ipd

How is it possible for a non deformed person to get obo? Bribe these surgeons extra cash? I heard peeps getting obo without having an actual deformity in their faces and just want to increase ipd
No need to bribe some will do. Tricky part is finding them and then paying them (it can be super expensive) so for most it's simply not in the realm of possibility. You need to be quite well off to just drop 100k for a few MMs of IPD.

No need to bribe some will do. Tricky part is finding them and then paying them (it can be super expensive) so for most it's simply not in the realm of possibility. You need to be quite well off to just drop 100k for a few MMs of IPD.
And tldr theres a high possibility you come out as botched even though the procedure went alright with 0 risk of infection and damage

Doesn’t supraorbtual implants reduce UEE?