Tallow is the greatest moisturiser mother nature has given to humans

D

Deleted member 30037

Scholar
I want to start this post by saying that I have flawless skin, this is not meant to be a brag, I am just being honest, and I have been using a tallow balm twice a day for the past 2 years of my life. People IRL ask me "What's my skincare routine" consistently and I often lie and tell them I don't have one, since I don't have the energy to explain to them what tallow is or why it's so good for the skin. So let me explain for my fellow PSL autists here:

Modern-day research confirms the traditional wisdom of our ancestors in using tallow for skin care. From biology, we know that the cell membrane is made up primarily of fatty acids, a double layer, to be exact. Saturated fats constitute at least 50 percent of the cell membrane. Since saturated fats tend to be more solid than unsaturated fats at a given temperature, they help give the cell membrane its necessary stiffness and integrity for proper function. The monounsaturated fats, while not as "solid" as the saturated fats, are more so than the polyunsaturated fats which are also present in the cell membrane in their proper proportion, although the modern diet leads to a disproportionate amount of the polyunsaturates. Healthy, "toned" skin cells with sufficient saturated and monounsaturated fats would undoubtedly make for healthy, toned skin. Interestingly, tallow fat is typically 50 to 55 percent saturated, just like our cell membranes, with almost all of the rest being monounsaturated, so it makes sense that it would be helpful for skin health and compatible with our cell biology.

sebum-actually-means-tallow-in-latin.gif

Another strong indication of tallow's compatibility with our skin biology is its similarity to sebum, the oily, waxy matter that lubricates and waterproofs our skin. Indeed, the word "sebum" actually means "tallow" in Latin and began to be used in this biological sense around the year 1700. The sebaceous glands, which secrete sebum, are found in greatest abundance on the face and scalp, but they are distributed over all of our skin except on the palms and soles. Sebum is made up of about 57 percent fatty acids (fats, or lipids), of which about 44 percent are saturated and of which 41 percent are in the form of triglycerides. The lipids of tallow are principally in the form of triglycerides, which is how fatty acids are usually configured in nature.

Regarding this compatibility of tallow with the biology of our skin, we should note that we are animals rather than plants, so the modern taboo against animal products in skin care products would seem unfounded and even illogical. In addition to containing very little saturated fats, plant products do not have the same levels of other nutrients needed for healthy skin. Tallow contains abundant natural fat-soluble activators, vitamins A, D, and K, as well as vitamin E, which are found only in animal fats and are all necessary for general health and skin health.

We are animals rather than plants....

Tallow also contains fats like conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as palmitoleic acid, which has natural antimicrobial properties. Dr. Mary Enig cites a 2006 study on fats showing that CLA, which is found in high concentrations in tallow, has significant anti-cancer effects, and that supplying tallow increased those effects due to its palmitic acid, another fatty acid.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: kingpiin, efidescontinuado, 6′2 still over and 18 others
Anyone who says 0 or dnrd I'm blocking

• JFL
Reactions: lemonnz and Skywalker
dnrd cause I don't care why it works so just smear tallow all over your face and it fixes your skin?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 39692, aleksander and ascension
I use coconut oil but I might try tallow soon

I use coconut oil but I might try tallow soon
Coconut oil is highly comedogenic, which means it can clog pores. Consequently, it may actually make acne or other skin issues worse for some people.

• +1
Reactions: VivaCristoRey, kingpiin, lemonnz and 6 others
I heard some people say they break out with it tho do u cleanse twice a day too?

• +1
Reactions: kingpiin and pneumocystosis
have you tried raw fat?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037
I heard some people say they break out with it tho do u cleanse twice a day too?
Single cleanse once every couple of days. Tallow won’t break you out that will be other factors.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: kingpiin, 6′2 still over and Deleted member 20370
dnrd, all moisturizers are the same

• JFL
Reactions: aleksander and Deleted member 30037
have you tried raw fat?
Like raw butter? Yeah. Grass-fed tallow is the best. I buy a balm infused with raw honey and a few other stuff.

• +1
Reactions: kingpiin and 6′2 still over
cool, so what do you use? post links of the products

• +1
Reactions: kingpiin, Deleted member 30037 and 6′2 still over
Single cleanse once every couple of days. Tallow won’t break you out that will be other factors.
Really a single cleanse? damn im out here cleansing twice and was told to at least cleanse every morning because ur pillow is dirty and u just have to in the morning

• +1
Reactions: drimprovement
  • Love it
Reactions: Sprinkles, hardestmfintheroom, 6′2 still over and 1 other person
Really a single cleanse? damn im out here cleansing twice and was told to at least cleanse every morning because ur pillow is dirty and u just have to in the morning
Depends on what you're doing in the day tbh. It's worth mentioning that over-cleansing your skin strips it of the natural oils it needs to stay healthy, supple, and hydrated. Even if you have super oily skin or acne, you shouldn't be cleansing more than twice a day.

A normal day at home = one cleanse
A busy day outside and active = once in AM, once in PM

• +1
Reactions: kingpiin and 6′2 still over
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037 and 6′2 still over
Depends on what you're doing in the day tbh. It's worth mentioning that over-cleansing your skin strips it of the natural oils it needs to stay healthy, supple, and hydrated. Even if you have super oily skin or acne, you shouldn't be cleansing more than twice a day.

A normal day at home = one cleanse
A busy day outside and active = once in AM, once in PM
Thank u man so u just wake up and after showering slather it on? same with night just a quick wash and then slather? do u cleanse once a week or more?

• +1
Reactions: kingpiin
Does it give you glowing skin?
What differences did you notice after using it?

Dnrd but will read later when I sort out all my saved skincare threads

• +1
Pleasure. If you try any tallow balm let me know how you get on.
The uk one is just a little more aesthetically pleasing even tho its more expensive i just think it'll be better the blackpill is literally life looks are everything

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: drimprovement, Deleted member 30037 and Deleted member 20370
Thank u man so u just wake up and after showering slather it on? same with night just a quick wash and then slather? do u cleanse once a week or more?
In terms of my actual basic routine in the morning it's water, wet shave, tallow balm, then gua sha massage to drain lymphage.

In the Pm I use a basic cleanser like the CeraVe hydrating cleanser, rinse, apply tallow balm, gua sha massage again.

If you have the money and really want perfect skin then you could get these too (I have these because I'm a try hard):

- Paulas Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 1/2x a week.
- A good quality Vitamin C serum daily in the morning
- A good quality SPF like Elta MD daily in the morning
- Retinol from a dermatologist every other day

• +1
Reactions: 6′2 still over
The uk one is just a little more aesthetically pleasing even tho its more expensive i just think it'll be better the blackpill is literally life looks are everything
Get whatever one has cheaper shipping. Both products are practically the same ingredients.

• +1
In terms of my actual basic routine in the morning it's water, wet shave, tallow balm, then gua sha massage to drain lymphage.

In the Pm I use a basic cleanser like the CeraVe hydrating cleanser, rinse, apply tallow balm, gua sha massage again.

If you have the money and really want perfect skin then you could get these too (I have these because I'm a try hard):

- Paulas Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 1/2x a week.
- A good quality Vitamin C serum daily in the morning
- A good quality SPF like Elta MD daily in the morning
- Retinol from a dermatologist every other day
Nice are u on tret too it seems most people here are i heard it mogs

• +1
  • +1
ill get my tret on the 12th even if i have to use drastic measures
Pull a knife on the bitch derm or doctor and demand that shit high t shit nibba here in Canada this is what i might have to do since its fucking impossible to get

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20370
Clinique 001100cq 01
this shit better

Pull a knife on the bitch derm or doctor and demand that shit high t shit nibba here in Canada this is what i might have to do since its fucking impossible to get
derms here refuse to prescribe pure tret, fucking cunts

• +1
I want to start this post by saying that I have flawless skin, this is not meant to be a brag, I am just being honest, and I have been using a tallow balm twice a day for the past 2 years of my life. People IRL ask me "What's my skincare routine" consistently and I often lie and tell them I don't have one, since I don't have the energy to explain to them what tallow is or why it's so good for the skin. So let me explain for my fellow PSL autists here:

Modern-day research confirms the traditional wisdom of our ancestors in using tallow for skin care. From biology, we know that the cell membrane is made up primarily of fatty acids, a double layer, to be exact. Saturated fats constitute at least 50 percent of the cell membrane. Since saturated fats tend to be more solid than unsaturated fats at a given temperature, they help give the cell membrane its necessary stiffness and integrity for proper function. The monounsaturated fats, while not as "solid" as the saturated fats, are more so than the polyunsaturated fats which are also present in the cell membrane in their proper proportion, although the modern diet leads to a disproportionate amount of the polyunsaturates. Healthy, "toned" skin cells with sufficient saturated and monounsaturated fats would undoubtedly make for healthy, toned skin. Interestingly, tallow fat is typically 50 to 55 percent saturated, just like our cell membranes, with almost all of the rest being monounsaturated, so it makes sense that it would be helpful for skin health and compatible with our cell biology.

Another strong indication of tallow's compatibility with our skin biology is its similarity to sebum, the oily, waxy matter that lubricates and waterproofs our skin. Indeed, the word "sebum" actually means "tallow" in Latin and began to be used in this biological sense around the year 1700. The sebaceous glands, which secrete sebum, are found in greatest abundance on the face and scalp, but they are distributed over all of our skin except on the palms and soles. Sebum is made up of about 57 percent fatty acids (fats, or lipids), of which about 44 percent are saturated and of which 41 percent are in the form of triglycerides. The lipids of tallow are principally in the form of triglycerides, which is how fatty acids are usually configured in nature.

Regarding this compatibility of tallow with the biology of our skin, we should note that we are animals rather than plants, so the modern taboo against animal products in skin care products would seem unfounded and even illogical. In addition to containing very little saturated fats, plant products do not have the same levels of other nutrients needed for healthy skin. Tallow contains abundant natural fat-soluble activators, vitamins A, D, and K, as well as vitamin E, which are found only in animal fats and are all necessary for general health and skin health.

Tallow also contains fats like conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as palmitoleic acid, which has natural antimicrobial properties. Dr. Mary Enig cites a 2006 study on fats showing that CLA, which is found in high concentrations in tallow, has significant anti-cancer effects, and that supplying tallow increased those effects due to its palmitic acid, another fatty acid.
What tallow specifically should I buy

• +1
What tallow specifically should I buy
You can either just buy any grass-fed tallow OR what I would suggest is you buy a brand who sells a tallow balm. Normally the other ingredients will be raw honey and a few other things, there are lots on etsy and the internet if you type it in.

• +1
Reactions: kingpiin and workingondying
You can either just buy any grass-fed tallow OR what I would suggest is you buy a brand who sells a tallow balm. Normally the other ingredients will be raw honey and a few other things, there are lots on etsy and the internet if you type it in.
Thanks bhai once my bottle of moisturiser that I’m using now runs out I’ll look into it

• Love it
Screenshot 20240209 193404 Gallery

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: kingpiin, Skywalker and Deleted member 30037
I read looksmax posts by tallow candle in my 18th century country house

1000_F_29662640_n2qDj9r4ft475aLVLDoUb4fzsw5bXlhB.jpg

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and Deleted member 30037

it clogs my pores

it clogs my pores
Tallow did?

There could be multiple reasons why. Did you buy grass-fed and finished? Do you have naturally oily skin? How much did you use and was it with other products?

Generally speaking, you should apply a pea-sized worth, I see people often using far too much product on their face and they clog their pores that way.

Tallow BUMP

move to looksmaxxing section ? @Gargantuan

• +1