Tallow is the greatest moisturiser mother nature has given to humans

you dont use tret ?
Not anymore though I probably have some tubes left. I dislike using it during wintertime anyway since it always causes my skin to shed in the cold.
And I prefer tallow even without the shedding honestly.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: JL~, Skywalker and Deleted member 30037
move to looksmaxxing section ? @Gargantuan
Probably a good idea. I use offtopic so much I just automatically post anything there.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30037
@Gargantuan can I ask, do you use any other products by the way? Before I started using tallow I felt the need to have a 6/7/8 step skincare routine but afterwards, I really don't feel like it's necessary. I use a basic cleanser and then a few other things like a chemical exfoliant + C E ferulic vit C serum but that's about it these days.

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and Skywalker
Seems legit son

Not even remotely true

@Gargantuan can I ask, do you use any other products by the way? Before I started using tallow I felt the need to have a 6/7/8 step skincare routine but afterwards, I really don't feel like it's necessary. I use a basic cleanser and then a few other things like a chemical exfoliant + C E ferulic vit C serum but that's about it these days.
yeah @Gargantuan , i 2nd this...whats your routine when using tallow?

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and Deleted member 30037
So my 80 dollar face cream doesn’t work Bahai

• JFL
Reactions: Skywalker
does ghee and other edible fats work the same?

• +1
does ghee and other edible fats work the same?
Not the same, but they're also effective. I'd rather use any high-quality animal fat than a chemical-based moisturiser from a store. After all, our cell membranes are made up of approximately 50% saturated fats and our ancestors used raw fats as their moisturiser for thousands of years.

• +1
Reactions: lefthookmaxx
  • +1
This and pure shea butter r the best moisturizers, forget all the bullshit jewish creams will bullshit ingredients

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: SkinnyTwinkFag, Deleted member 30037 and Skywalker
What face cream is it? What brand?

I can't see any product that justifies charging $80.
its bs....its basically the Apple brand tax lol

• +1
its bs....its basically the Apple brand tax lol
I know. Just curious. Every “big name” brand that sells an expensive product has a basic formula with frangrances (toxins) added and fancy packaging. Essentially selling the experience over the quality of the actual product.

• +1
This and pure shea butter r the best moisturizers, forget all the bullshit jewish creams will bullshit ingredients
I personally wouldn’t recommend shea butter on your face but if it works for you then good on ya.

I personally wouldn’t recommend shea butter on your face but if it works for you then good on ya.
why? cause plant, therefore anti nutrients+ toxins?

i'd recommend you actually looking into skincare, beef tallow is decent but it is not the miracle people try to portray it as

@delonregen i saw a vid that tallow balm has something in it that can cause acne?

i'd recommend you actually looking into skincare, beef tallow is decent but it is not the miracle people try to portray it as
I’ve never said it’s a miracle. I’ve been into skincare for about 6/7 years and I’ve tried everything, including having a 10 step routine once upon a time. From my own experience + research it’s the best natural product you can buy. I really don’t understand this modern obsession with reframing and detaching from nature. The healthiest and happiest humans embrace it.

• Love it
Reactions: TheLastLaugh
I’ve never said it’s a miracle. I’ve been into skincare for about 6/7 years and I’ve tried everything, including having a 10 step routine once upon a time. From my own experience + research it’s the best natural product you can buy. I really don’t understand this modern obsession with reframing and detaching from nature. The healthiest and happiest humans embrace it.
what brands have you tried?

why? cause plant, therefore anti nutrients+ toxins?
Not necessarily.

Shea butter has a higher comedogenic rating than Tallow which means it can clog pores quite easily, resulting in breakouts and acne. Also, it's derived from nuts, I don't see the point in using processed plant butter over an animal fat that boasts a significantly better nutrient profile (Tallow has A, D, E, K while Shea Butter only has A and E). Tallow also aligns with the natural oils (sebum) in human skin extremely well. Shea Butter doesn't.

A good quality Shea Butter is fine to use but I just don't think it's optimal when you have better options on the market for the same price.

@delonregen i saw a vid that tallow balm has something in it that can cause acne?
Tallow has a comedogenic rating of 2 or less on a scale of 0 to 5, with 5 being highly comedogenic. This suggests that while tallow may have the potential to clog pores for some people, it shouldn't be a major concern for most individuals.

I think an issue most people have with Tallow is using too much product and their skin not being able to absorb it all. A pea-sized amount of tallow is all you need to moisturise your face. Especially if it's grass-fed tallow. It absorbs easily and prevents dryness at the cellular level without suffocating the skin's barrier. It won't clog your pores and doesn't leave a greasy feeling, which means both dry skin and oily skin type sufferers can also benefit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39692
what brands have you tried?
Pretty much all of the popular/mainstream brands. I ended up paying a large amount of money every month for products that simply didn't return their investment.

Pretty much all of the popular/mainstream brands. I ended up paying a large amount of money every month for products that simply didn't return their investment.
name the brands

I've been using tallow it does moisturize for longer and feels like a better layer

My shit moistuzers don't do shit

I'm starving and eating keto to fix my acne this shit getting to me

I'm on accutane as well jfl

• +1
name the brands
Sure. The most frequent brands I used to buy were:

The Ordinary (ocassionally use ret)
Cera Ve (still use basic cleanser)
Cetaphil
Drunk Elephant
Skin Ceuticals
Dr Barbara Sturn
La Roche Posay
Dr Dennis Gross
Olay
Estee Lauder
Elta MD (ocassionally use their SPF)
Paulas Choice (still use the chem exfoliant)
Murad

I've been using tallow it does moisturize for longer and feels like a better layer

My shit moistuzers don't do shit

I'm starving and eating keto to fix my acne this shit getting to me

I'm on accutane as well jfl
Good to hear!

Is the tallow grass-fed? Do you buy a balm with other ingredients or do you just use tallow on its own?

Cetaphil
Drunk Elephant
Skin Ceuticals
Dr Barbara Sturn
La Roche Posay
Dr Dennis Gross
Olay
Estee Lauder
Murad
How do you use your bha exfoliant people on the internet seem to use it drastically differently

La Roche Posay
Olay
Estee Lauder
the only valid ones, hop try the good korean skincare products. i used to say the same until i hopped on korean skincare and did my own research

Good to hear!

Is the tallow grass-fed? Do you buy a balm with other ingredients or do you just use tallow on its own?
It's whipped tallow balm with vanilla scent

I doubt it's the most esoteric but some Amazon shit with 4 ingredients

My other moisturizer had damn near 100 ingredients.

• +1

Cetaphil
Drunk Elephant
Skin Ceuticals
Dr Barbara Sturn
La Roche Posay
Dr Dennis Gross
Olay
Estee Lauder
Murad
Ordinary retinol cream is valid?

I use basic .1 retinol on amazon since I stopped getting Taz from my mother 😂

It's whipped tallow balm with vanilla scent

I doubt it's the most esoteric but some Amazon shit with 4 ingredients

My other moisturizer had damn near 100 ingredients.
That's still good stuff. Your skin will improve big time. Nice.

How do you use your bha exfoliant people on the internet seem to use it drastically differently
Normally a few times a week before applying tallow. I see people use it 1/2x per day but in my experience, it's complete overkill. It's a good product though and I'd recommend it.

I used this serum but these days hardly use it. When I'm older and need ret I'll get it directly from a dermatologist. No need though at this moment in my life.

the only valid ones, hop try the good korean skincare products. i used to say the same until i hopped on korean skincare and did my own research
Korean skincare is the same stuff. 50 chemical ingredients per product, none of which you'd be willing to eat because it's toxic, so why use it on your skin? 60% of it gets absorbed into your bloodstream.

if you can't get ahold of tret or adapalene retinoids aren't worth it imho, if you are going to use retinol use cerave resurfacing serum or any of the olay retinol serums. the differences between these and TO products is shelf life (the retinol oxidises extremely fast in all of their RETINOLS not the retinoids) and how high quality the retinol is (how much effect it has)

• +1
Reactions: nordicel
Korean skincare is the same stuff. 50 chemical ingredients per product, none of which you'd be willing to eat because it's toxic, so why use it on your skin? 60% of it gets absorbed into your bloodstream.
Isn't most of the stuff designed to not penetrate your skin too much? No way koreans wouldn't have way more health problems if 60% of the chemicals they shove on their skin truly got inside their body

50 chemical ingredients per product, none of which you'd be willing to eat because it's toxic, so why use it on your skin? 60% of it gets absorbed into your bloodstream.
low iq argument, would you eat/drink BHA that you just shilled above?

Isn't most of the stuff designed to not penetrate your skin too much? No way koreans wouldn't have way more health problems if 60% of the chemicals they shove on their skin truly got inside their body
Just because they aren't immediately life-threatening doesn't mean it's good for you.

• +1
Reactions: JCaesar
the US skincare products are more harmful for your body, if you are truly worried about toxins absorbing into your body you should stay away from US skincare and use asian instead

low iq argument, would you eat/drink BHA that you just shilled above?
No, I wouldn't. But using one or two chemical products a few times a week is clearly better than using 10/15/20 like you probably do on a consistent basis.

@delonregen where did you get the 60% statistic from? source?

No, I wouldn't. But using one or two chemical products a few times a week is clearly better than using 10/15/20 like you probably do on a consistent basis.
more products ≠ more harmful, would fentanyl applied topically also be better than korean skincare since it is just one chemical? do you see why this argument makes no sense

We wouldn't need any tallow or "moisturizers" shoved into the skin if we were natural in the first place. I get trying to stay as natural as possible is better than shoving chemicals onto yourself but if you even need something like it for your skin to be "flawless" that means something's still wrong inside your body.