The Roman Forum: comparing my jaw surgery plans from Pagnoni and Ramieri + should I do decompensation and braces?

D

DistortedPenguin

Iron
I’ve been consulting with some surgeons about jaw surgery with the primary goal being to address my short face syndrome, which looks pretty bad at rest, but subhuman if I smile. I’ve now received some simulated results from Pagnoni and Ramieri.

Here’s some CBCT images showing my face currently:
FE0C920F 1D08 4E81 A243 92ADDF76A548

These are the simulated results from Pagnoni screenshotted from zoom hence the weird block covering the cams. This would be surgery only with no orthodontics:
5025A456 2AD0 4660 BEA1 16749284EDE2

Ramieri has given me two simulations depending on whether or not I want to do orthodontic refinement post-surgery. I’m a surgery-first candidate either way, but I can choose to keep my occlusion the same as it’s already pretty good (but not perfect) or I can do decompensation + braces after the surgery to get perfect occlusion. Doesn’t seem worth it based on the images, but Ramieri said the result would look a little more natural because of lip protrusion I think (audio was so bad during the consult) which I suppose isn't super apparent in these simulations.

Without braces:
IMG 5110

With braces + decompensation:
IMG 5111

Which simulated result looks better: Pagnoni’s or Ramieri’s? I’m leaning towards going with Ramieri just because he’s more affordable, unless I choose to have custom plates, which makes him almost as expensive as Pagnoni who only offers custom plates.

Then if I do go with Ramieri, is the cost and hassle of post-surgery orthodontics worth it for perfect occlusion?

Attachments

• FE0C920F-1D08-4E81-A243-92ADDF76A548.jpg
    FE0C920F-1D08-4E81-A243-92ADDF76A548.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 5025A456-2AD0-4660-BEA1-16749284EDE2.jpg
    5025A456-2AD0-4660-BEA1-16749284EDE2.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5110.jpg
    IMG_5110.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5111.jpg
    IMG_5111.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Skywalker and Deleted member 47332
nice one bro
would any of those 2 do a revision/2nd bimax , for cosmetic purposes (this time)? 🙏

ok but why the fuck are you having a jaw surgery when you are like 30% bf

• +1
Reactions: mogstars
ok but why the fuck are you having a jaw surgery when you are like 30% bf
Idk why I look fat AF in that CBCT. Believe me, It's not as bad irl. I actually had a DEXA scan around the same sort of time. Came out at 18%

I'm in the process of leanmaxxing anyway.

• +1
Reactions: mogstars and Member since 2022
18% still to early get to 12% then talk about surgeries. I know you won't do that so go with the braces. Having perfect occlusion is worth it

• +1
Reactions: Member since 2022

Shit maxilla

nice one bro
would any of those 2 do a revision/2nd bimax , for cosmetic purposes (this time)? 🙏
Not sure what you mean bro. This is for cosmetic purposes. Are you implying it's a weak improvement? I think getting rid of my SFS (especially when smiling which can't be seen here) will be quite significant irl.

If you were just asking in general, I suppose you'd have to ask them but I imagine they would.

18% still to early get to 12% then talk about surgeries. I know you won't do that so go with the braces. Having perfect occlusion is worth it
I've been about 12% before. Face was still shit / leanmaxxing can't cure SFS. May as well improve it regardless of body fat

• +1
Reactions: Itsnotmeiswear
I've been about 12% before. Face was still shit / leanmaxxing can't cure SFS. May as well improve it regardless of body fat
Well if you've been 12% then you know what you need. Also have you thought about under eye graft?

• +1
Reactions: DistortedPenguin
Well if you've been 12% then you know what you need. Also have you thought about under eye graft?
Yeah, I have been thinking my under eye area needs improvement too but Bimax will be rinsing my wallet for now and fixes my biggest failo

Yeah, I have been thinking my under eye area needs improvement too but Bimax will be rinsing my wallet for now and fixes my biggest failo
Yeah you will probably need to wait a bit after bimax. The after simulations look good. Good luck on your way to ascending

• +1
Reactions: DistortedPenguin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back