Theory on how people get recessed chins.

M

MiserableIncel

Banned
You had an overbite. You didn’t correct it effectively. Your teeth area moved together, but your jaw barely did. As a result, the chin would now appear below the lower incisors, resulting in a small mandible.

My theory:

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho, valhalar, Slob and 4 others
My theory:

Based on genetics? I doubt it.

I have a recessed chin and literally 0 members of my whole father’s and mother’s bloodline do.

You had an overbite. You didn’t correct it effectively. Your teeth area moved together, but your jaw barely did. As a result, the chin would now appear below the lower incisors, resulting in a small mandible.
It's mouth breathing. This is why braces correct overbite but don't fix recessed chin

I have a recessed chin and literally 0 members of my whole father’s and mother’s bloodline do.
My aunt and her son have the exact same recessed chin, so my bet is genetics

It's mouth breathing. This is why braces correct overbite but don't fix recessed chin
If you had an overbite and fixed it, moving your whole mandible forward, you shouldn’t have a recessed chin right now.

Unless you had a recessed chin before getting the overbite.

If you had an overbite and fixed it, moving your whole mandible forward you shouldn’t have a recessed chin right now.

Unless you had a recessed chin before getting the overbite.
overbite is dude to teeth placement not mandible position usually

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney
overbite is dude to teeth placement not mandible position usually
Overbite = your mandible is recessed, causing the lower teeth to be positioned backwards.

Recessed chin is caused when the chin doesn’t line up with your lower incisors.

Overbite = your mandible is recessed, causing the lower teeth to be positioned backwards.

Recessed chin is caused when the chin doesn’t line up with your lower incisors.
i had an overbite, which was corrected with braces, however i still had slightly recessed chin after

i had an overbite, which was corrected with braces, however i still had slightly recessed chin after
Do you now? Because I’ve seen that you don’t.

Do you now? Because I’ve seen that you don’t.
it's behind my lips a little, gotten better since mewing, but it used to be more recessed when i was 15-18.3ish

it's behind my lips a little, gotten better since mewing, but it used to be more recessed when i was 15-18.3ish
This just shows that you have no clue as to what a recessed chin is.

Your chin being behind your lips a bit could be also caused by a recessed jaw OR genetics. Are you telling me blacks typically have recessed chins because of their lip shape? No...

A recessed chin is essentially a chin that doesn’t align with the lower incisors of your teeth. @Weed’s chin is a perfect example of what a recessed chin looks like.

There’s a line of skin from your lip, slanted downward at an angle, and then you have the chin.

6E797747 FE43 4FD8 82BC 3EBB37DBE980

Last edited:

genetic recomb fucked you over boyo

genetic recomb fucked you over boyo
If my overbite was fixed (at a young age) I wouldn’t have a recessed chin right now. What basically happened is that my jaw remained at a similar position (only moving a bit forward), but my teeth area moved perfectly. Thus, my chin right now is not aligned with my lower incisors.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Never_Began
If my overbite was fixed (at a young age) I wouldn’t have a recessed chin right now. What basically happened is that my jaw remained at a similar position (only moving a bit forward), but my teeth area moved perfectly. Thus, my chin right now is not aligned with my lower incisors.
Start bone smashing your chin bone jfl @averageblokecel would this work?

I think my recessed chin is genetic actually...

024A732C 54E0 442B 86E4 414F63732EAA

When only the teeth move, you still get a recessed jaw (not a recessed chin).

Debunked thread tbh.

I probably have both recessed jaw and chin tbh

lol at this cope
Recessed chin + recessed maxilla =
G
e
n
e
t
i
c
s

I actually was a mouth breather till a few weeks back, I have no recessed chin, a fairly good jawline, but I have good teeth naturally, no need for braces etc there just naturally straight. In my opinion it has to do with genes

Start bone smashing your chin bone jfl @averageblokecel would this work?
only way for recessed chin is surgery, bonesmashing is too risky. You know why recessed chin is a death sentence? Because back in the past, if you had a recessed chin and you ere hit, you ere insta ko'd. Bonesmashing won't do this, you are better off getting surgery.

• +1
Reactions: LooksJourney
As someone with a very strong chin i think that it is 70% genetics(parents) 30% environment(mouth breathing and teeth growth)

My parents both have very strong chins, so me as well. Furthermroe it makes my side profile look forward grown even though it is not. Chin is genetics imo