This website is good for your mental health (yes, really)

BlackPillChad

BlackPillChad

Taking the Yellow Pill
It's become popular among both non-incels as well as some looksmaxxers to claim that this website is terrible for your mental health and will transform you into a depressed shut-in who can't function in society, and that in order to make any substantial improvement in your life (whether that's getting laid or becoming happy) it will be necessary to leave. I once thought this was true as well, but I don't think so anymore.

https://looksmax.org/threads/leaving-this-forum-will-be-the-biggest-looksmax-of-your-life.83651/ (Not trying to pick on this guy in particular)

I put that to the test, and I left this website for a period of about 4 months and over that time:
1.) I gained 30 pounds.
2.) I was a depressed wreck.
3.) I had zero sex.

Why did this happen? Because I lost focus and I lost purpose.

The most valuable part of this website isn't really the information (although we have a lot of great info here). It's the face that humans are mostly motivated by Pro-Social Emotions and Sense of Purpose. That is, humans like to do things that will bring them approval from the group, and rejection from the group can be physically painful.

So what earns people social approval on Looksmax? Getting surgeries. Losing Weight. Gaining muscle. Learning a clever grooming trick to improve looks. Improving social status. Earning money. Creating guides on how to accomplish the above.

What earns people social scorn on Looksmax? Rotting. Putting women on a pedestal. "Just be yourself" mentality.

In other words, this website encourages you to do what you need to do in order to become happy, and keep focused on your goals. This is one of few self improvement forums where you can come forward and talk about actually solving your problems without some crab-in-the-bucket preaching defeatism disguised as self-acceptance.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: violentino, AngryShortMale, Foreverbrad and 18 others
good goy

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and HighIQcel
I agree and disagree at the same time
The blackpill ruins your life

• +1
Reactions: violentino, Idontknowlol, Deleted member 6873 and 2 others
Good thread, made me reconsider my stance on this topic.
Offtopic subforum definitely encourages rotting and time wasting though.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, AngryShortMale, HighIQcel and 5 others
Tell that to @PenileFacialSurgery JFL.

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery
Good thread, made me reconsider my stance on this topic.
Offtopic subforum definitely encourages rotting and time wasting though.

Yeah, Most Offtopic and "Who Mogs" threads I think are not useful.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and stuckneworleans
I agree and disagree at the same time
The blackpill ruins your life
The blackpill and redpill was the best thing I found ever because it all made sense it actually explains things where as the bluepill is just false hope and what society wants you to think

In all honesty OP you are probably just low IQ and take every single piece of advice on this forum as your life's purpose. You have no purpose other than this forum and that's why you turn to shit without it.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery and Deleted member 6400
In all honesty OP you are probably just low IQ and take every single piece of advice on this forum as your life's purpose. You have no purpose other than this forum and that's why you turn to shit without it.

This could unironically be true. If I could find satisfaction and purpose in gaming and rotting I wouldn't need to be here.

It's become popular among both non-incels as well as some looksmaxxers to claim that this website is terrible for your mental health and will transform you into a depressed shut-in who can't function in society, and that in order to make any substantial improvement in your life (whether that's getting laid or becoming happy) it will be necessary to leave. I once thought this was true as well, but I don't think so anymore.

https://looksmax.org/threads/leaving-this-forum-will-be-the-biggest-looksmax-of-your-life.83651/ (Not trying to pick on this guy in particular)

I put that to the test, and I left this website for a period of about 4 months and over that time:
1.) I gained 30 pounds.
2.) I was a depressed wreck.
3.) I had zero sex.

Why did this happen? Because I lost focus and I lost purpose.

The most valuable part of this website isn't really the information (although we have a lot of great info here). It's the face that humans are mostly motivated by Pro-Social Emotions and Sense of Purpose. That is, humans like to do things that will bring them approval from the group, and rejection from the group can be physically painful.

So what earns people social approval on Looksmax? Getting surgeries. Losing Weight. Gaining muscle. Learning a clever grooming trick to improve looks. Improving social status. Earning money. Creating guides on how to accomplish the above.

What earns people social scorn on Looksmax? Rotting. Putting women on a pedestal. "Just be yourself" mentality.

In other words, this website encourages you to do what you need to do in order to become happy, and keep focused on your goals. This is one of few self improvement forums where you can come forward and talk about actually solving your problems without some crab-in-the-bucket preaching defeatism disguised as self-acceptance.
Agreed good post

Absolute shit low IQ and thread coming from graycel.

You didn’t lose purpose, you already had no purpose.

You’re closest thing to purpose was improving your Mewing technique for pussy.

Leaving this site/breaks, has almost always been the best thing for me, but when I was on my purpose. Actually putting to use what I learned, and incorporating other things to lifemax to maintain BALANCE.

No one has to leave this site. If you left this site without fully looksmaxing or being satisfied with your looks, you shouldn’t have been here at all in the first place, most likely only did damage to you on many levels.
Leaving in that half ass destroyed state will leave you off worse than before if you didn’t looksmax when you “leave for good”.

BALANCE, and taking BREAKS from this place, as you work towards your looksmaxing goals, and limiting your time here for what is useful and informative to not waste time, and actually looksmaxing, focusing on other neglected areas too IS WHATS MENTALLY HEALTHY, BALANCED, and BENEFICIAL.

You don’t have to leave for good, but if you have to take a break from this site to break your shit posting rotting addiction, to start actually putting to use the looksmaxing information, then DO IT. That’s why so many say quit the site, because soooo many get addicted to the shit posting negativity and rotter incel Mentality which will DESTROY YOU.

Remember there are other areas in life than just looks...
How will you LooksMax without money... how will you make money while you are rotting depressed with no motivation... how will you have motivation with shitty diet, health, sleep and no discipline or purpose???
Etc... etc...

Everything is connected, everything matters. MAINTAIN BALANCE AND FOCUS WHATS IMPORTANT NOW... if you are here doing nothing but shit posting from as soon as you wake up to when you pass out, LEAVE, it’s only destroying you, take a break and get a basic schedule and routine, then limit your time here to only useful looksmaxing Info occasionally.

Here’s my ACTUALLY GOOD thread on WHY LEAVING THIS PLACE/TAKING a BREAK was the BEST DECISION I MADE IN A LONG TIME, and DRAMATICALLY IMPROVED MY MENTAL HEALTH.

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel and Deleted member 6400
@PenileFacialSurgery

As a greycel, I am doing a better job of applying your theory of "use looksmax in balance" than you with your 10,000 posts. This coming from the guy who has "Nothing in Moderation" as his personal motto.

Leaving might have been the right choice for you and not for me. I certainly don't endorse rotting on here forever. I'm just offering a different perspective. I left. Rather than letting me focus on my goals, it made everything worse. That was my experience. Don't throw a fit because it wasn't yours.

@PenileFacialSurgery

As a greycel, I am doing a better job of applying your theory of "use looksmax in balance" than you with your 10,000 posts. This coming from the guy who has "Nothing in Moderation" as his personal motto.

Leaving might have been the right choice for you and not for me. I certainly don't endorse rotting on here forever. I'm just offering a different perspective. I left. Rather than letting me focus on my goals, it made everything worse. That was my experience. Don't throw a fit because it wasn't yours.
Exactly you fucking graycel lol, because I been here like 3x longer than you, 2 years, and on PSL +5 years, and have had way more active discussions and experience, I know what I’m talking about.

You still try to find Mewing techniques, and don’t know anything about being here, I’m discussing millions of surgeries and experimental drugs, and have lots of experience and knowledge here.

If you barley have 200 posts in 7 months, you were NEVER here, you don’t have a valid opinion from experience, or understand the people and mindset.

If you read, I didn’t say Leave for good, I said LEAVE AND TAKE A BREAK, if you need it, then comeback for what’s useful...
You obviously don’t understand the intent behind why others say leave or take breaks because you have no experience here.

People who don’t need to leave and use responsibility with success don’t need to listen to a gay ass post crying on my they should leave. Those people are rare anyways and won’t fall for it cuz they are fine.

Also calling out your bullshit, that could potentially negatively influence people who need to leave and take a break to rot longer, because I know it’s wrong, isn’t throwing a fit.
I’ll forget this convo with a graycel happened in 5 minutes.

old thread now this forum has gone to shit and is filled with redpill cope