Thoughts on clindamycin? (TRET ALTERNATIVE )

ADOLESCENTCEL

ADOLESCENTCEL

Iron
Just got prescribed for some mild acne, wondering if itll fuck me up

Putting it on back and face

• JFL
Reactions: Tai Lung
Did you fix your diet before asking a derm for meds or nah?

• Ugh..
Reactions: dannydipss
Did you fix your diet before asking a derm for meds or nah?
Didnt ask just got prescribed, i probably wont take it until actually trying to fix my diet

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51781
Didnt ask just got prescribed, i probably wont take it until actually trying to fix my diet
You won't use it then. Nobody on a healthy, natural diet suffers acne, unless they have extremely poor genetics or a super stressful lifestyle.

• Ugh..
Reactions: agent0514 and dannydipss
You won't use it then. Nobody on a healthy, natural diet suffers acne, unless they have extremely poor genetics or a super stressful lifestyle.
he probably has the wrong idea of what a "healthy diet" is tho and wont fix it properly

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51781
Just got prescribed for some mild acne, wondering if itll fuck me up

Putting it on back and face
It's an antibiotic, good look with antibiotic resistance in a year lol.

• +1
Reactions: dannydipss
Tret is a retinoid this is an antibiotic. Antibiotics never work because you build resistance

• +1
Reactions: ADOLESCENTCEL, Deleted member 51781 and IAMNOTANINCEL
Valid
he probably has the wrong idea of what a "healthy diet" is tho and wont fix it properly
Just whole foods, healthy fats and proteins, supped with multivitamins

Pretty simple unless im missing something
Tret is a retinoid this is an antibiotic. Antibiotics never work because you build resistance
So even if i did take it its cope?

Valid

Pretty simple unless im missing something

So even if i did take it its cope?
Antibiotics are not cope. They are very effective, probably the most effective but after a while you build antibiotic resistance and the acne will come back a lot worse. If you are gonna use it you have to use it sparingly or layer it on top of tret or benzonyl peroxide

• +1
Reactions: ADOLESCENTCEL
Define whole foods, healthy fats, and list some protein sources.
And write down a "what i would eat in a day in a healthy diet" here please.
Supplements don't work btw.

i’m on clinda and tret

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: ADOLESCENTCEL and dragomaxxer
Define whole foods, healthy fats, and list some protein sources.
And write down a "what i would eat in a day in a healthy diet" here please.
Supplements don't work btw.
If i wasnt intm fasting id start the day with 2-3 eggs and salt, banana to debloat (cope)

For lunch id have whatever my school gives, normally something starch based like pasta pr mac and cheese, if that id probably make a chicken and rice bowl with sauce, eat till im full

Before dinner have an apple or something

For dinner my mom cooks korean food so rice with various sides, so rice, some sprt of vegetable (spinach ml), and some sort of meat (beef or fish)

After that ill top it off with a greek yogurt with nuts

This is just realistically what id eat, not rly fine tuned or anything

so much bad advice in this thread lmao.

tret + clindamycin is frequently combined (1% clindamycin with 0.0025% tretinoin gel) as they are far more effective combined than alone. I have been on it for 2 months, good results.

I am not sure why you were prescribed clindamycin on its own, that is a very odd choice given combinations cream exists (eg the one i mentioned, another one is duac, a combination of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin).

Apply 2.5% benzoyl peroxide at the same time as the clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide stops bacteria being able to develop resistance to clindamycin as well as killing bacteria on its own.

Make sure to combine with cleansing before applying to unclog pores since that is why you have developed acne.

If i wasnt intm fasting id start the day with 2-3 eggs and salt, banana to debloat (cope)

For lunch id have whatever my school gives, normally something starch based like pasta pr mac and cheese, if that id probably make a chicken and rice bowl with sauce, eat till im full

Before dinner have an apple or something

For dinner my mom cooks korean food so rice with various sides, so rice, some sprt of vegetable (spinach ml), and some sort of meat (beef or fish)

After that ill top it off with a greek yogurt with nuts

This is just realistically what id eat, not rly fine tuned or anything
that diet is good, maybe add a protein shake tho.

Combine with tret, its not an alternative use clinda in morning tret at night. Better to just use duac which includes benz peroxide + clindamycin

so much bad advice in this thread lmao.

tret + clindamycin is frequently combined (1% clindamycin with 0.0025% tretinoin gel) as they are far more effective combined than alone. I have been on it for 2 months, good results.

I am not sure why you were prescribed clindamycin on its own, that is a very odd choice given combinations cream exists (eg the one i mentioned, another one is duac, a combination of benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin).

Apply 2.5% benzoyl peroxide at the same time as the clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide stops bacteria being able to develop resistance to clindamycin as well as killing bacteria on its own.

Make sure to combine with cleansing before applying to unclog pores since that is why you have developed acne.

that diet is good, maybe add a protein shake tho.
That diet is good for health but bad for acne. Eggs can cause acne for some people, Nuts makes the skin more oily, whey protein can also cause acne, yogurt = diary so also can cause acne for some people, imo each person skin reacts differently to foods so he just has to experiment with the diet.

• +1
Reactions: yue