Upper lip recessed!

MaestheticMaso

MaestheticMaso

Kraken
Is lf1 the only way to fix this or would lip fillers work too. Could be a bit more forward growth especially on the lf1 area but I’m content with it.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: poopoohead and Krakowski

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
Palate expander that generates forward growth

• +1
Reactions: aspiringexcel, MaestheticMaso and poopoohead
But wouldn’t that affect ogee curve?

Which expanders do you have in mind. My bones are closed.

you have an underbite that is why, everyone on this site jumps to surgery way to early

• +1
you have an underbite that is why, everyone on this site jumps to surgery way to early
Nope, I actually have a 4mm overbite. I think this is definitely a bone or lip issue.

unironically bruxism would fix it but it's too late for any big noticeable change.

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski
Is lf1 the only way to fix this or would lip fillers work too. Could be a bit more forward growth especially on the lf1 area but I’m content with it.
Do you mean a more protruding lower lip?

• +1
unironically bruxism would fix it but it's too late for any big noticeable change.
I started clenching a few weeks back and have now forgotten the resting position of my jaw. I accidentally jut a lot of the time and I have jaw pain every hour I am awake

But I see it as a sign of progress and apart of the journey of reversing my horrible downward growth and achieve maxillary upswing :soy:

• JFL
Reactions: MaestheticMaso and Debetro
I started clenching a few weeks back and have now forgotten the resting position of my jaw. I accidentally jut a lot of the time and I have jaw pain every hour I am awake

But I see it as a sign of progress and apart of the journey of reversing my horrible downward growth and achieve maxillary upswing :soy:
I mentioned it because by mantaining teeth in contact you hardly can get incompetent lips unless there's some malformative habit such as overly clenching (tongue on the roof of the mouth not strong enough) or clenching only with f.e molars.

Im way too sleepy to talk about this but I ve basically seen a pretty strong correlation between wearn down incisors and bone mogger faces

the whole point is not worn down teeth = bone mogger, but more like teeth in contact = bone mogger

this gets somewhat supported by some autistic threads made in thegreatwork.org and by some users here like betamanlet or retard

also, I need to look into how other animals keep their bite at rest

my ideas are a mess right now but I need to get deeper into the whole thing

for my case, I will update, at the moment any change could be placebo

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski and Mr. President
if it's not genetical it's almost surely because of degenerative oral habits through your development decades.

Fluffy disproportional incompetent lips (accompanied by a more protruding lower lip) are a very typical mouthbreather thing

iu

iu

I can't offer an accurate solution because I'm not knowleadgeable enough but if you aren't doing it, follow the mewing and sealed lips advice even though it sounds like a meme.

Depending on how the rest of your face is I believe you could make a good improvement. I personally had incompetent lips because of 15 disastrous years of degeneration but pretty much fixed them getting a more pleasant to look at defined lip seal, like his for example

2399538_7D865704-B17B-4F58-A294-2EFD43F7A13B.png

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso and Mr. President
if it's not genetical it's almost surely because of degenerative oral habits through your development decades.

Fluffy disproportional incompetent lips (accompanied by a more protruding lower lip) are a very typical mouthbreather thing

iu

iu

I can't offer an accurate solution because I'm not knowleadgeable enough but if you aren't doing it, follow the mewing and sealed lips advice even though it sounds like a meme.

Depending on how the rest of your face is I believe you could make a good improvement. I personally had incompetent lips because of 15 disastrous years of degeneration but pretty much fixed them getting a more pleasant to look at defined lip seal, like his for example

i was actually thinking something similar earlier today, I thought barely not touching was the best IMO. With just the molars clench it usually leads to upward growth, I would like to hear more about this if you can share

• +1
Reactions: Debetro

iu

iu

They don’t look like those subhuman examples above jfl. The upper lip is nice and full with a prominent Cupid’s bow, it’s just slightly behind the lower lip, hard to notice unless you look via the side.

Ortho said this is normal for men, as men typically have stronger mandibles than maxilla’s ? Which is true in my case.

So you fixed these issues with mewing or did you use a device ?

• +1
the lower lip should protrude slightly more, that is normal

• Hmm...
the lower lip should protrude slightly more, that is normal
Hmmm, but another issue is that my Philltrum is flat like Gandy’s. All in all my side profiles is similar to his tbh.

Attachments

• 4CAF0520-4ABF-4611-9225-95F96ABFA846.jpeg
    4CAF0520-4ABF-4611-9225-95F96ABFA846.jpeg
    589.4 KB · Views: 0
They don’t look like those subhuman examples above jfl. The upper lip is nice and full with a prominent Cupid’s bow, it’s just slightly behind the lower lip, hard to notice unless you look via the side.
Yeah I posted those extreme ones purposefully.
Ortho said this is normal for men, as men typically have stronger mandibles than maxilla’s ? Which is true in my case.
Depends on what extent he was talking about.
So you fixed these issues with mewing or did you use a device ?
No devices. Wouldn't say it was mewing but just keeping the mouth sealed all the time except when doing tasks where you need to open it. This accomodated my lips into a better position.

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski
Yeah I posted those extreme ones purposefully.

Depends on what extent he was talking about.

No devices. Wouldn't say it was mewing but just keeping the mouth sealed all the time except when doing tasks where you need to open it. This accomodated my lips into a better position.
The retainer id have to wear might hinder progress though, that’s another thing. I’m guessing ortho meant mild cases, where it’s not really noticeablez

• +1
The retainer id have to wear might hinder progress though, that’s another thing. I’m guessing ortho meant mild cases, where it’s not really noticeablez
Oh yeah, you had braces right ? I see it so many times irl, people who had braces and end up with a hanging lower lip. If the retainer doesn't let you comfortably close your mouth then it could be another cause (although Idk if there are retainers who let you close comfortably your mouth)

By looking at past pics where would you say your lower lip got more prominent?

Oh yeah, you had braces right ? I see it so many times irl, people who had braces and end up with a hanging lower lip. If the retainer doesn't let you comfortably close your mouth then it could be another cause (although Idk if there are retainers who let you close comfortably your mouth)

By looking at past pics where would you say your lower lip got more prominent?
I think it remained the same for the most part, maybe slightly more prominent. I’ll see when I take them off in 2 weeks. I didn’t completely fix the overbite as I didn’t want to wear elastics or get extractions.

I’ll check properly once they’re off, but I noticed my chin got bigger, and the maxilla remained relatively the same.

Are you on the sarms? How is it going ?

I need to start soon
yuh its going good. My BF seems like its going down slowly but the muscle I have gained is worth it.

• +1
is your chin recessed? the mainly reason to upper lip recession is recessed chin