WARNING: DO NOT TAKE TOPICAL MINOXIDIL ORALLY

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
It’s come to my attention that there exists children on this forum retarded enough to orally take liquid minoxidil formulated for topical purposes.

THIS IS FUCKING STUPID

Firstly, without even getting into the main issue there’s a reason why oral minoxidil is prescription only and non-FDA approved whereas topical minoxidil is OTC. While preliminary research seems promising at low doses, this drug was formulated for the heart for the explicit purposes of treating hypertension not hairloss.

The most important difference is the ingredients. Just take a quick look.

Oral: Inactive ingredients: anhydrous lactose, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and sodium starch glycolate.

Topical: Alcohol, propylene glycol, purified water.

Let’s assume that you get the topical—> oral dose appropriately (which I doubt you will).

In the topical solution alcohol is used typically methanol, but also methanol can be used as a solvent which is a highly toxic alcohol when consumed. Unless your formulation specifies ethanol you cannot assume the alcohol content in your minox is pure ethanol. Propylene glycol is also a carrier which can be an irritant even at low doses.

Now to the real issue. See the myriad of inactives in oral minoxidil. If these ingredients were not needed you could just dissolve it in water, but you can’t.

The inactives in the oral form are there to stabilise the drug and to ensure a slow release into the blood stream rather than an instaneous “dump” that recedes very quickly. Oral minoxidil already has a low half life, without stabilising agents minoxidil is being pumped sharply into your blood before returning to normal in very short amounts of time. This poses a risk to your heart for no discernible hair benefits.

At best the drug isn’t being metabolised properly and goes to waste when taken orally, at worst you are seriously putting your heart and kidneys at risk.

This is the problem with this shitty forum, highschool kids theorycrafting drugs because they think they understand pharmacology after watching two MPMD videos on YouTube. Spoiler: you do not.

TLDR: DO NOT FUCK WITH A HEART MEDICATION WITHOUT A DOCTORS SUPERVISION

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Sny, LongForgotten, greywind and 20 others
water

• +1
Reactions: disheartenedcel, Pandora and SubhumanCurrycel
Done this for half a year. No problem (y)

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: VolcelFTW, ominion, klamus and 8 others
dnrd

• +1
Reactions: disheartenedcel and dannydipss
89B678E1 17C6 4705 8A83 6E4F1A712720

dnrd
strijd tier lashes or suicide

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: RAMU KAKA, Lookologist003, CarrotMaxxer and 8 others
Also methanol is not common as you are stating JFL. Topical solutions by rule have got ethanol.

Right there you ruined your credibility.

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax, callisto, jabaduk and 3 others
Also methanol is not common as you are stating JFL. Topical solutions by rule have got ethanol.

Right there you ruined your credibility.
It literally states in the formulation criteria either one can be used. I never said it’s common but it’s not against formulation guidelines

• +1
Reactions: aesthetic beauty and Deleted member 51781
It literally states in the formulation criteria either one can be used. I never said it’s common but it’s not against formulation guidelines
No clue in what third country you live in then (y)

Ingesting topical minox orally isn't healthy by any means, but shouldn't be a major health risk either at a low dose. I feel as this post is mostly unwarranted fear mongering.

• +1
Reactions: Sny, marek937, callisto and 2 others
No clue in what third country you live in then (y)

Ingesting topical minox orally isn't healthy by any means, but shouldn't be a major health risk either at a low dose. I feel as this post is mostly unwarranted fear mongering.
It's taking an unecessary risk, im not saying one ought to be risk free, but risk mitigate where possible. If you're in the US and most of Europe if you really wanted to you could just purchase 10mg lonitab pills and quarter them

• +1
Reactions: aesthetic beauty and Deleted member 51781
why oral minoxidil is prescription only and non-FDA approved whereas topical minoxidil is OTC.
Prescription only and what the FDA thinks means nothing. Vaccine loving retards

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51781
literally :lul:
Its not commonplace to use methanol in almost all formulations, but topical solutions generally have lower thresholds for purity than oral medications.

With most brands I agree its not a problem.

• +1
Reactions: aesthetic beauty
All the retards on here claiming to drink topical minoxidil are LARPing

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: marek937 and boringthot
Hundreds of Thousands of people take oral min and at worst they get mild heart aches. This thread is ridiculous.

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder
Hundreds of Thousands of people take oral min and at worst they get mild heart aches. This thread is ridiculous.
Hundreds of thousands drink the topical version?

Make no mistake I take oral minoxidil and have been for a while now, just through the appropriate pill form

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder and lebronjames23

Make no mistake I take oral minoxidil and have been for a while now, just through the appropriate pill form
It's very popular to drink the Kirkland topical one.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: marek937, N1666 and SubhumanCurrycel
My gravestone will proudly say "In memory of Tusseleif, died trying to attain long eyelashes"

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: klamus, ๕ඞChick3ncu1ry, coispet and 2 others

i took topical minoxidil and almost died last night. Time for part 2 :lul:

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel

what results have you gotten from oral? + how long have you taken it

cope, i sprayed the liquid version of minoxidil in me mouth (4-5 times

It ascended me eye lashes, me lower eye lashes is literaly +1 cm (i know that because i meassured it) and THATS me lower ones

do you think im safe to use 2.5 mg oral minox i got from the pharamarcy if my heart shows no problems?

• +1
do you think im safe to use 2.5 mg oral minox i got from the pharamarcy if my heart shows no problems?
Yea I use 5mg no problems

• +1
Reactions: buflek
It’s come to my attention that there exists children on this forum retarded enough to orally take liquid minoxidil formulated for topical purposes.

THIS IS FUCKING STUPID

Firstly, without even getting into the main issue there’s a reason why oral minoxidil is prescription only and non-FDA approved whereas topical minoxidil is OTC. While preliminary research seems promising at low doses, this drug was formulated for the heart for the explicit purposes of treating hypertension not hairloss.

Oral: Inactive ingredients: anhydrous lactose, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and sodium starch glycolate.

Let’s assume that you get the topical—> oral dose appropriately (which I doubt you will).

In the topical solution alcohol is used typically methanol, but also methanol can be used as a solvent which is a highly toxic alcohol when consumed. Unless your formulation specifies ethanol you cannot assume the alcohol content in your minox is pure ethanol. Propylene glycol is also a carrier which can be an irritant even at low doses.

Now to the real issue. See the myriad of inactives in oral minoxidil. If these ingredients were not needed you could just dissolve it in water, but you can’t.

The inactives in the oral form are there to stabilise the drug and to ensure a slow release into the blood stream rather than an instaneous “dump” that recedes very quickly. Oral minoxidil already has a low half life, without stabilising agents minoxidil is being pumped sharply into your blood before returning to normal in very short amounts of time. This poses a risk to your heart for no discernible hair benefits.

At best the drug isn’t being metabolised properly and goes to waste when taken orally, at worst you are seriously putting your heart and kidneys at risk.

This is the problem with this shitty forum, highschool kids theorycrafting drugs because they think they understand pharmacology after watching two MPMD videos on YouTube. Spoiler: you do not.

water but I didn't know what topical minoxidil had, good thread for me

THIS IS FUCKING STUPID

What a useless thread, what idiot would actually think of taking a topical medication orally?

Sorry for doubting you king.

• JFL
What a useless thread, what idiot would actually think of taking a topical medication orally?

View attachment 2862280

View attachment 2862281

Sorry for doubting you king.
I thought the ingredients it composed are basic and safe to consume?

The culprit is the quantity and dosage that has to be controlled in limited amount?

• +1
Reactions: marek937

The culprit is the quantity and dosage that has to be controlled in limited amount?
they literally put toxic ingredients to discourage consumption enjoy destroying your liver and heart instead of taking proper oral minoxidil tablets

they literally put toxic ingredients to discourage consumption enjoy destroying your liver and heart instead of taking proper oral minoxidil tablets
hair is life

kirkland is good im drinkin it for months and it ascended my lashes

Fucking pussy

where do you buy and which country are you from