Was I still recessed due to braces?

JCaesar

JCaesar

ascend or rope
I used braces for 3 years with some elastic positions (over ik), I have a deep bite but the "treatment" didn't have the goal of fixing that and more so just straightening the teeth, however before getting them removed I asked my dentist and she said she did "help a bit" with the overbite, I asked "so you pulled my upper teeth backwards?" and she replied "in your case it was more about pulling the lower forwards". In theory this wouldn't recess me however one of the positions was from the upper canine to the down molars which apparently can also cause the maxilla to go down (and sometimes the upper teeth to go backwards). So anyone who knows about elastics, was I still recessed with that position?

everyone that's recessed as a result from braces would still be recessed without them.

• +1
Reactions: ungewist, zura, SADA and 2 others
everyone that's recessed as a result from braces would still be recessed without them.
Yes if you have to get braces you're recessed but braces can treat the malloclusion by recessing you even more (As I said the elastics), pulling your bones backwards or downwards.

but braces can treat the malloclusion by recessing you even more (As I said the elastics), pulling your bones backwards or downwards.
you wouldn't look any better, you'd just be ugly because of your crooked teeth instead of ugly because of your recessed maxilla, not much of a difference.

• Hmm...
Reactions: JCaesar
you wouldn't look any better, you'd just be ugly because of your crooked teeth instead of ugly because of your recessed maxilla, not much of a difference.
It's way better to have crooked teeth with decent maxilla development than the opposite though? You can easily fix your teeth later but tell me how you'd fix your maxilla like that.

Plus with crooked teeth you can always do myofunctional (assuming while still at development) and try and progress both your skeletal and dental issues at the same time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32196
It's way better to have crooked teeth with decent maxilla development than the opposite though? You can easily fix your teeth later but tell me how you'd fix your maxilla like that.

Plus with crooked teeth you can always do myofunctional (assuming while still at development) and try and progress both your skeletal and dental issues at the same time.
crooked teeth will literally fuck up the entire positioning of your mouth.

it's not like you can just close it and wouldn't see it, it's displayed through the lips and muscle imbalances.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Magnum Opus and JCaesar
Yes, and you can tell by looking at their parents; if they are recessed then it wasn’t because of the braces.

It’s just mike mew propaganda and every recessed person who has had braces blames it on their braces.

• +1
Reactions: FrenchareMedCucks
crooked teeth will literally fuck up the entire positioning of your mouth.

it's not like you can just close it and wouldn't see it, it's displayed through the lips and muscle imbalances.
Which is caused by skeletal issues and not the teeth. I don't get why you'd rather be recessed but with "straight teeth" (which are just camouflage in the first place) than having good bone development but with "crooked teeth". You probably weren't recessed by braces to be saying that.

Also for 90% of people crooked teeth don't do anything for their mouth as extremely as you're saying.

Yes, and you can tell by looking at their parents; if they are recessed then it wasn’t because of the braces.

It’s just mike mew propaganda and every recessed person who has had braces blames it on their braces.
Yes because obviously pulling your maxilla back won't make you recessed and it's just your "genetics".

:soy:

• Hmm...
Reactions: SADA
I used braces for 3 years with some elastic positions (over ik), I have a deep bite but the "treatment" didn't have the goal of fixing that and more so just straightening the teeth, however before getting them removed I asked my dentist and she said she did "help a bit" with the overbite, I asked "so you pulled my upper teeth backwards?" and she replied "in your case it was more about pulling the lower forwards". In theory this wouldn't recess me however one of the positions was from the upper canine to the down molars which apparently can also cause the maxilla to go down (and sometimes the upper teeth to go backwards). So anyone who knows about elastics, was I still recessed with that position?
Dumbass

You are not recessed by the elastic bands unless there’s some extraction

• Woah
Reactions: JCaesar
  • +1
Reactions: fuxkdakikez and JCaesar
It pulls the alveolar part of the lower maxilla
Yeah, that's still recessing you though. If you do that during development it would sunken the rest of the maxilla with it too.

Which is caused by skeletal issues and not the teeth. I don't get why you'd rather be recessed but with "straight teeth" (which are just camouflage in the first place) than having good bone development but with "crooked teeth". You probably weren't recessed by braces to be saying that.

Also for 90% of people crooked teeth don't do anything for their mouth as extremely as you're saying.
View attachment 2664260
I literally had 8 teeth removed and braces for years, my jaw is still overdeveloped.

here's a person with bad teeth.

you can literally tell by the asymmetry.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Zukiteru, JCaesar and SADA
I literally had 8 teeth removed and braces for years, my jaw is still overdeveloped.

View attachment 2664279

Again that's caused by the skeletal issues. That guy is recessed and downgrown, which is why he has bad teeth in the first place.

Also I remember reading your posts and you said had a GH problem and clenched in your sleep jfl. Obviously your jaw is still bony but you know what caused that, vaguely saying stuff like that rises misinformation about the subject (which is one of the reasons why for some reason so many on this forum try their hardest to deny braces recess you).

If you have extracted 8 teeth that means your palate wasn't optimal at the time. You'd probably have even more growth if you hadn't extracted them.

View attachment 2664279

Which teeth were removed

Did you get braces?