We need to regenerate elastin to have truly young skin

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
Elastin is formed during early life and depletes after that. Adults cannot repair elastin except to a marginal degree, or during wound healing, in which case the elastin is disarranged. Collagen is crucial but so is elastin. Unfortunately, we can only prevent further damage to elastin but not repair damaged elastin. I desire to wear the skin like that of a baby. Even at 17, my skin is aged significantly beyond the ideal.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Elvisandreaa, Ark, Skull Issue and 4 others
What is more important collagen or elastin?

Microneedling son

sun exposure increases elastin btw
@BrahminBoss

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Damaged elastin

• +1
Reactions: Ark, BrahminBoss and Deleted member 1901
How to regenerate elastin nigga I want solutions

Yes but it also damages elastin

You want properly arranged undamaged elastin

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Ark and BrahminBoss
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
How to raise my kids so they have ideal skin?

• JFL
Reactions: Ark and BrahminBoss
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ark, Deleted member 31022, autistic_tendencies and 1 other person
Why do you give a fuck
The life you have right now is the only life you'll ever have. Projecting your insecurities into your children is useless.

Chad takes his kids to road trips and makes core memories.
Incel injects his kids with sketchy chemicals and tries to make it mew because he's an abused dog.

• +1
Reactions: Ark, autistic_tendencies and NerdcelThundercok
Why do you give a fuck
The life you have right now is the only life you'll ever have. Projecting your insecurities into your children is useless.

Chad takes his kids to road trips and makes core memories.
Incel injects his kids with sketchy chemicals and tries to make it mew because he's an abused dog.
Im just making sure they’re developing right, so they dont end up on here

• +1
Reactions: FootFungus88, Deleted member 23391, Ark and 2 others
large airways and evolutionarily consistent diet (lots of meat protein and fats, some fruits (minority of diet imo))

is this confirmed?
No, but I did research on elastin and skin aging.

“Wound Healing
Injury to the skin compromises the integrity and structure of the skin, resulting in a tightly regulated response near the injury to remove any foreign material, prevent infection, and heal the wound.1 Injury can trigger rapid reinitiation of tropoelastin expression,18highlighting its role in wound healing. There are 4 main processes in wound healing in adults: hemostasis, inflammation, proliferation, and remodeling.31 During the first 3 processes, there is a collective response with blood clotting and formation of a temporary extracellular matrix (ECM) as well as re-establishing the protective barrier through keratinocyte and fibroblast migration into the wounded area; various growth factors are upregulated, as are some proteins (eg, collagen type I), while other proteins undergo cell-mediated proteolysis that accompanies tissue clearing and turnover.31,35 In the fourth process (remodeling), fibroblasts are activated and further synthesize proteases, fibronectin, a range of glycosaminoglycans, and matrix enriched for collagen type I.35 The wound healing process progresses through each of these stages, with different extracellular matrix proteins dominating the early, middle, and later phases.35 Initially, after the fibrin-rich matrix provides hemostasis, a hyaluronic acid-rich matrix accumulates to stimulate cell migration and tissue remodeling. Then, vascular granulation tissue, rich in chondroitin sulfate, and a mix of proteoglycans, such as decorin, associates with collagen fibers and versican, which associates with elastic fibers. This step is followed by deposition of the provisional type III collagen-rich matrix, finally followed by deposition of mature type I collagen that changes throughout the remodeling phase. Elastic fibers are the last extracellular matrix fibers that may form in small amounts. The culmination of these processes results in scar tissue with a large amount of deposited collagen with abnormally arranged, often large, collagen bundles.31,35 Elastin production is poor and insufficient during wound healing, which prevents the reformation of an elastic fiber network in the scar tissue, thereby reducing the elasticity compared with the original tissue.”

• +1
Reactions: Ark and mvp2v1
Fuck all this shit can't you go back to making heightmaxxing guides.

Health is irrelevant, looks forever

• +1
Reactions: Ark
stem cells?
Elastin is a protein and non cellular but perhaps stem cells could be used in a way I don’t know of. I’ve yet to do any deep research.

• +1
Reactions: Ark
"The main amino acids that make up elastin are proline, glycine, desmosine and isodesmosine. They’re grouped in short, repeated sequences of three to nine amino acids which create strong, flexible structures."
So wouldn't it be best to just provide our body an abundance of these amino acids whether through diet or supplementation so it creates more Elastin? Glycine is abundant in those hydrolyzed collagen peptides so that would be 2 birds 1 stone but that's just one amino, what about the others? Complicated subject really, i think it's all connected and one big package, your collagen, your elastin, etc.
Retin A, hyaluronic acid may help somewhat.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Ark and Deleted member 1901

“Wound Healing
Injury to the skin compromises the integrity and structure of the skin, resulting in a tightly regulated response near the injury to remove any foreign material, prevent infection, and heal the wound.1 Injury can trigger rapid reinitiation of tropoelastin expression,18highlighting its role in wound healing. There are 4 main processes in wound healing in adults: hemostasis, inflammation, proliferation, and remodeling.31 During the first 3 processes, there is a collective response with blood clotting and formation of a temporary extracellular matrix (ECM) as well as re-establishing the protective barrier through keratinocyte and fibroblast migration into the wounded area; various growth factors are upregulated, as are some proteins (eg, collagen type I), while other proteins undergo cell-mediated proteolysis that accompanies tissue clearing and turnover.31,35 In the fourth process (remodeling), fibroblasts are activated and further synthesize proteases, fibronectin, a range of glycosaminoglycans, and matrix enriched for collagen type I.35 The wound healing process progresses through each of these stages, with different extracellular matrix proteins dominating the early, middle, and later phases.35 Initially, after the fibrin-rich matrix provides hemostasis, a hyaluronic acid-rich matrix accumulates to stimulate cell migration and tissue remodeling. Then, vascular granulation tissue, rich in chondroitin sulfate, and a mix of proteoglycans, such as decorin, associates with collagen fibers and versican, which associates with elastic fibers. This step is followed by deposition of the provisional type III collagen-rich matrix, finally followed by deposition of mature type I collagen that changes throughout the remodeling phase. Elastic fibers are the last extracellular matrix fibers that may form in small amounts. The culmination of these processes results in scar tissue with a large amount of deposited collagen with abnormally arranged, often large, collagen bundles.31,35 Elastin production is poor and insufficient during wound healing, which prevents the reformation of an elastic fiber network in the scar tissue, thereby reducing the elasticity compared with the original tissue.”
so microneedling for acne scars and anti-aging is cope? Wouldn't Brian Johnson have seen this in his experimentation so far?

• +1
Reactions: Ark and Deleted member 1901

“Wound Healing
This is relevant to me as i had a wound that now has scar tissue but the scar tissue is not as strong as normal skin, strength and elasticity is weaker/reduced. I wonder... is there any way to strengthen scar tissue and increase elasticity so it's more like normal skin instead of compromised scar tissue more prone to reopening and more rigid. @BrahminBoss

• +1
Reactions: Ark, BrahminBoss and Deleted member 1901
so microneedling for acne scars and anti-aging is cope?
Short term it is beneficial I would assume. Long term it causes aging I assume. Sunlight also increases collagen in the skin but it’s common knowledge that it causes photoaging of the skin.

Wouldn't Brian Johnson have seen this in his experimentation so far?
No, he wouldn’t. Continually microneedling will hide the insidious aging that’s occurring, and he has done microneedling for a relatively short time.

Btw, Bryan Johnson’s routine is not ideal (or smart) for optimal longevity. It’s a compromise of short and long term health/looks objectives.

• +1
Reactions: Ark, NerdcelThundercok and mvp2v1
So wouldn't it be best to just provide our body an abundance of these amino acids whether through diet or supplementation so it creates more Elastin?
there is the problem of elastin having weak regeneration, but alas, there is another problem that complicates potential solutions: elastin is formed during wound healing, but it is not regenerated in the same formation as the original elastin. Elastin turnover leads to altered structure is part of skin aging.

• Hmm...
Reactions: JohnDoe
there is the problem of elastin having weak regeneration, but alas, there is another problem that complicates potential solutions: elastin is formed during wound healing, but it is not regenerated in the same formation as the original elastin. Elastin turnover leads to altered structure is part of skin aging.
There has to be a way to make our bodies produce more collagen and elastin. There just has to be. Copper apparently plays a part in Elastin production so I'll keep taking mine.

There has to be a way to make our bodies produce more collagen and elastin
There are. Problem is they also cause aging.

How to micronedlling for longevity then? Should I do 0.50 1 time per week?

How to micronedlling for longevity then? Should I do 0.50 1 time per week?
For longevity? I don’t think it would have a significant impact.

I wouldn’t microneedle at all.

Mirin the research you are doing on anti-aging. I am fascinated about it, think that it's one of the biggest components of looks. But haven't gotten around to it

Do you have a quick guide that encompasses everything one should be doing?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Mirin the research you are doing on anti-aging. I am fascinated about it, think that it's one of the biggest components of looks. But haven't gotten around to it

Do you have a quick guide that encompasses everything one should be doing?
I do not. I’ll probably write a book in the future.

• JFL
Reactions: ccwarrior
There are. Problem is they also cause aging.
But how does that make sense? Both collagen and elastin are signs of youth. How do you think we can produce more even if it does cause aging?

But how does that make sense? Both collagen and elastin are signs of youth. How do you think we can produce more even if it does cause aging?
Microneedling, UV, infrared, red light exposure, and bonesmashing.

• Woah
Reactions: JohnDoe
If UV rays damage collagen but increase elastin, is that even worth it?

If UV rays damage collagen but increase elastin, is that even worth it?
Increases both, damages both

It’s not worth it, although going outside is generally beneficial to health

This is relevant to me as i had a wound that now has scar tissue but the scar tissue is not as strong as normal skin, strength and elasticity is weaker/reduced. I wonder... is there any way to strengthen scar tissue and increase elasticity so it's more like normal skin instead of compromised scar tissue more prone to reopening and more rigid. @BrahminBoss
topical progesterone and thyroid on the affected area can work. Even topical aspirin. Tretinoin twice a week also helps.

topical progesterone and thyroid on the affected area can work. Even topical aspirin. Tretinoin twice a week also helps.
Work how? How would that change or strengthen it or increase elastin. You said thyroid causes cancer before, not sure when you are trolling or being serious

Work how? How would that change or strengthen it or increase elastin. You said thyroid causes cancer before, not sure when you are trolling or being serious
Lol

"The main amino acids that make up elastin are proline, glycine, desmosine and isodesmosine. They’re grouped in short, repeated sequences of three to nine amino acids which create strong, flexible structures."
So wouldn't it be best to just provide our body an abundance of these amino acids whether through diet or supplementation so it creates more Elastin? Glycine is abundant in those hydrolyzed collagen peptides so that would be 2 birds 1 stone but that's just one amino, what about the others? Complicated subject really, i think it's all connected and one big package, your collagen, your elastin, etc.
Retin A, hyaluronic acid may help somewhat.
Retin A is retinal or retinol ?