Zap Your Way to Beauty: Can We Change Our Faces with Electricity? (Informational Thread On Bioelectricity & Implications on Looksmaxing)

enchanted_elixir

enchanted_elixir

Offline. Verify all of my claims & DYOR!
The thread delves into the fascinating and somewhat controversial realm of bioelectric patterning manipulation, bioelectricity in general, and its potential impact on our appearance.

Evidence:
  • Research on tadpoles and other simple organisms suggests electrical patterns precede anatomical development.
  • Manipulating voltage in flatworms and tadpoles led to dramatic changes in morphology, like extra limbs and organ reprogramming.
  • Check out the whole thread for more evidence.

Source:
Relevant snippets:
For the past 65 years, the focus of developmental biology has been on DNA as the carrier of biological information. Researchers have typically assumed that genetic expression patterns alone are enough to determine embryonic development.

To Levin, however, that explanation is unsatisfying. “Where does shape come from? What makes an elephant different from a snake?” he asked. DNA can make proteins inside cells, he said, but “there is nothing in the genome that directly specifies anatomy.” To develop properly, he maintains, tissues need spatial cues that must come from other sources in the embryo. At least some of that guidance, he and his team believe, is electrical.
In recent years, by working on tadpoles and other simple creatures, Levin’s laboratory has amassed evidence that the embryo is molded by bioelectrical signals,
“This electrical signal works as an environmental cue for intercellular communication, orchestrating cell behaviors during morphogenesis and regeneration,”
"That’s what led Levin and his colleagues to start tinkering with the resting potential of cells. By changing the voltage of cells in flatworms, over the last few years they produced worms with two heads, or with tails in unexpected places. In tadpoles, they reprogrammed the identity of large groups of cells at the level of entire organs, making frogs with extra legs and changing gut tissue into eyes — simply by hacking the local bioelectric activity that provides patterning information."

Source:

The amazing ways electricity in your body shapes you and your health​

Your cells crackle with electric signals that guide embryonic development and heal wounds. If we can learn to tweak this “bioelectric code”, we might be able to prevent cancer and even grow new limbs

The video showed a frog embryo busily dividing to become a tadpole. Then, this tiny, smooth blob began to light up. Electrical patterns flashed a series of unmistakable images across it: two ears, two eyes, jaws, a nose. These ghostly projections didn’t last long. But 2 or 3 hours later, exactly where they had glimmered, the real things appeared: two ears, two eyes, jaws, a nose. Here, at last, was the proof she had been after in her role on a decade-long project undertaken by Michael Levin at Tufts University in Massachusetts. It showed that electrical patterns provide a blueprint that shapes a developing body, coordinating where to put its face and grow its other features.

Astounding as this sounds, it is just one of many roles that electricity plays in biology. There is mounting evidence that, as well as instructing development, electricity influences everything from wound healing to cancer. “Bioelectric gradients and communication are fundamental to being alive,” says Levin. If we can map this “electrome” and learn to decode it, some astonishing consequences for our health would only be the start.
If you have ever spared a…

The Electrome: The Next Great Frontier For Biomedical Technology

Source:

And he thinks that we have another underlying network that is about our shape, and that this is bioelectrically mediated in really important ways, which impacts development, of course, but also wound healing. Because if you think about the idea that your body understands its own shape, what happens when you get a cut? How does it heal it? It has to go back to some sort of memory of what its shape is in order to heal it over. In animals that regenerate, they have a completely different electrical profile after they’ve been—so after they’ve had an arm chopped off.

Unveiling the Mind-Blowing Biotech of Regeneration: Michael Levin

Source:

Relevant snippets:

"If you look at the early embryo as it's putting its face together, for example, you'll see something we call "the electrical face"... which is basically that prior to all of the genes being turned on to make different face components and so on, and certainly prior to the anatomy, there is an electrical pre-pattern in that region that basically looks like a face."

"You can see where the eyes are going because the voltage is different, you can see where the mouth is going to be..."

"...If that pattern (the electrical pattern determining how a face will look) is instructive, then you ought to be able to do two things, you ought to be able to mess it up, and thus disrupt that electrical pattern, and thus get defects in craniofacial patterning"

"...the more exciting thing you might be able to do is to get those electrical patterns and move them elsewhere"

Hypothesis And Implications On Looksmaxing:
  • Our unique bioelectrical pattern dictates morphology (how our bone structure, eye area, and other parts of the body is shaped, not size, but shape.)
  • Our unique bioelectrical pattern isn't genetically inherited! But, it serves as a template for how our faces are shaped. Different bioelectrical patterns is the reason why you look like you and not like an exact replica of @Blackgymmax (bone structure wise)
  • Could we tweak this bioelectrical morphological pattern to modify our appearance?
  • We could use electricity to possibly grow taller, modify our bone structure, features, etc. at home with possibly high precision, etc.
  • We could use bioelectricity and use those bioelectric patterns to change our own face into that somewhat influenced by someone else's bioelectric patterning (and in turn, actually morphing yourself with someone)
  • We could use this to create new hair follicles wherever we wanted?
  • Stimulate hair growth?
  • Enhance skin quality (collagen and elastin)
  • Anti-aging of the face.
  • Recruit stem cells.
  • Fix facial asymmetry?
  • Microcurrent devices are an established and scientifically proven way to enhance facial muscles size and growth, sculpting, toning, defining and contouring your face by administering micro shocks.
  • And much more!
Rhinoplasty without surgery, with electricity.

Limitations:
  • Some of the things said above are hypothetical and haven't necessarily been proven and may be wrong.
  • Much of this is in the early stages of research, and some claims are purely hypothetical.
  • The technical challenges of precise control and potential side effects remain significant.

Context and Resources

Developmental bioelectricity is the regulation of cell, tissue, and organ-level patterning and behavior by electrical signals during the development of embryonic animals and plants.

Morphogenesis is the biological process that causes a cell, tissue or organism to develop its shape.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Sushifart, looksmaxifier, amkcel and 18 others
That's disrespectful.

Do you even know what I'm talking about in this thread? It's some cutting edge information in terms of advancing our field of study, looks science, looksmaxing, or whatever you want to call it.

We could start using electricity to enhance our attractiveness and unlock many new looksmaxes.

If you're going to comment 0, at least do it to a thread that actually provides zero value.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Sushifart, Shrekguy3838, humanoidsub7 and 12 others
That's disrespectful.

Do you even know what I'm talking about in this thread? It's some cutting edge information in terms of advancing our field of study, looks science, looksmaxing, or whatever you want to call it.

We could start using electricity to enhance our attractiveness and unlock many new looksmaxes.

If you're going to comment 0, at least do it to a thread that actually provides zero value.
Eventually Looksmax will become a more formal science, probably as popular as some of the soft sciences like psychology and sociology.
Your attitude will be more common then, but for now we have to deal with DNRD spammers lol.

• +1
Reactions: looksmaxifier, humanoidsub7, ICXCLuvr and 11 others
That's disrespectful.

Did you like my thread 🥺

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, PolishBateman and enchanted_elixir
Very interesting
What's that name with blue shadow btw, do you get it if you contribute a lot?

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii
  • +1
This could help with facial muscles and skin definitely, but I don't know what frequency one needs to actually manipulate bone. Also, I don't know what that device is capable of in terms of how it can alter bone structure.

It could possibly be a safer, less autistic alternative to bonesmashing?

I would also like to know if it can remove bone over time, that way, we can actually manipulate bone structure well (by being able to add and subtract bone)

This is all still new to me, I'm just publishing my own findings with the forum.

• +1
Reactions: looksmaxifier and Shkreliii
This could help with facial muscles and skin definitely, but I don't know what frequency one needs to actually manipulate bone. Also, I don't know what that device is capable of in terms of how it can alter bone structure.

It could possibly be a safer, less autistic alternative to bonesmashing?

I would also like to know if it can remove bone over time, that way, we can actually manipulate bone structure well (by being able to add and subtract bone)

This is all still new to me, I'm just publishing my own findings with the forum.
do you have any specific tips on how to use this thing? meaning how often how much per session etc

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and enchanted_elixir
Our unique bioelectrical pattern isn't genetically inherited!
Well it is, thus why a we have a different face than a pig, but the point is genetics don’t directly determine facial shape therefore we could augment facial development without augmenting genes.

• +1
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Deleted member 29747
Could we tweak this bioelectrical morphological pattern to modify our appearance?
IMO, the answer to this question is presumably yes, but the real question is “how?”

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, Chintuck22 and enchanted_elixir
Well it is, thus why a we have a different face than a pig, but the point is genetics don’t directly determine facial shape therefore we could augment facial development without augmenting genes.
Well it's inherited, but not genetically inherited.

• +1
IMO, the answer to this question is presumably yes, but the real question is “how?”
Still trying to figure it out.

• +1
Even if you could, you'd have to source someone's bioelectrical signaling.

Adriana Lima would never let me do that lol.
I'd then have to masculinize her bioelectric signaling and somehow embed it on my face lol to change the patterning.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Shkreliii and Youㅤ
  • +1
do you have any specific tips on how to use this thing? meaning how often how much per session etc
Never used it, it's best to go on Google or YouTube to get advice from people who have actually used it.
I'd say, about 15 minutes of use though.
You could possibly enhance your results with creatine and drinking lots of water.

• +1
Even if you could, you'd have to source someone's bioelectrical signaling.

Adriana Lima would never let me do that lol.
I'd then have to masculinize her bioelectric signaling and somehow embed it on my face lol to change the patterning.
I don’t think we’d need to source it from someone, but could probably just use it to promote growth in certain areas like chin for example as an alternative to genio

• +1
Bioelectricity IS genetically inherited I would assume. Doesn’t mean we can’t affect it.

Google doesn't suggest it, neither do protein-coding genes suggest it.
I do think it's possible that either it's some immaterial inheritance or it's encoded in non-functional DNA.

• +1
  • Hmm...
I don’t think we’d need to source it from someone, but could probably just use it to promote growth in certain areas like chin for example as an alternative to genio
True.

But what I said earlier applies to if you want to morph yourself with someone else, the same way Faceapp can help you create these morphs.

• +1
  • +1
View attachment 2619564

Google doesn't suggest it, neither do protein-coding genes suggest it.
I do think it's possible that either it's some immaterial inheritance or it's encoded in non-functional DNA.
Jfl at the term “non-functioning dna” should just be called “unknown-functioning DNA”

well my point is that dna influences bioelectricity, sort of like a blueprint for Bioelectricity which then modulates development

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Sushifart, Shkreliii, Chintuck22 and 2 others
  • +1
Jfl at the term “non-functioning dna” should just be called “unknown-functioning DNA”

well my point is that dna influences bioelectricity, sort of like a blueprint for Bioelectricity which then modulates development
You’re a high iq user ngl

• +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, enchanted_elixir and Youㅤ
  • +1
The thread delves into the fascinating and somewhat controversial realm of bioelectric patterning manipulation, bioelectricity in general, and its potential impact on our appearance.

Evidence:
  • Research on tadpoles and other simple organisms suggests electrical patterns precede anatomical development.
  • Manipulating voltage in flatworms and tadpoles led to dramatic changes in morphology, like extra limbs and organ reprogramming.
  • Check out the whole thread for more evidence.

View attachment 2619450

Source:
Relevant snippets:
For the past 65 years, the focus of developmental biology has been on DNA as the carrier of biological information. Researchers have typically assumed that genetic expression patterns alone are enough to determine embryonic development.

To Levin, however, that explanation is unsatisfying. “Where does shape come from? What makes an elephant different from a snake?” he asked. DNA can make proteins inside cells, he said, but “there is nothing in the genome that directly specifies anatomy.” To develop properly, he maintains, tissues need spatial cues that must come from other sources in the embryo. At least some of that guidance, he and his team believe, is electrical.
In recent years, by working on tadpoles and other simple creatures, Levin’s laboratory has amassed evidence that the embryo is molded by bioelectrical signals,
“This electrical signal works as an environmental cue for intercellular communication, orchestrating cell behaviors during morphogenesis and regeneration,”
"That’s what led Levin and his colleagues to start tinkering with the resting potential of cells. By changing the voltage of cells in flatworms, over the last few years they produced worms with two heads, or with tails in unexpected places. In tadpoles, they reprogrammed the identity of large groups of cells at the level of entire organs, making frogs with extra legs and changing gut tissue into eyes — simply by hacking the local bioelectric activity that provides patterning information."

View attachment 2619479

Source:

The amazing ways electricity in your body shapes you and your health​

Your cells crackle with electric signals that guide embryonic development and heal wounds. If we can learn to tweak this “bioelectric code”, we might be able to prevent cancer and even grow new limbs

The video showed a frog embryo busily dividing to become a tadpole. Then, this tiny, smooth blob began to light up. Electrical patterns flashed a series of unmistakable images across it: two ears, two eyes, jaws, a nose. These ghostly projections didn’t last long. But 2 or 3 hours later, exactly where they had glimmered, the real things appeared: two ears, two eyes, jaws, a nose. Here, at last, was the proof she had been after in her role on a decade-long project undertaken by Michael Levin at Tufts University in Massachusetts. It showed that electrical patterns provide a blueprint that shapes a developing body, coordinating where to put its face and grow its other features.

Astounding as this sounds, it is just one of many roles that electricity plays in biology. There is mounting evidence that, as well as instructing development, electricity influences everything from wound healing to cancer. “Bioelectric gradients and communication are fundamental to being alive,” says Levin. If we can map this “electrome” and learn to decode it, some astonishing consequences for our health would only be the start.
If you have ever spared a…

The Electrome: The Next Great Frontier For Biomedical Technology

View attachment 2619480

Source:

And he thinks that we have another underlying network that is about our shape, and that this is bioelectrically mediated in really important ways, which impacts development, of course, but also wound healing. Because if you think about the idea that your body understands its own shape, what happens when you get a cut? How does it heal it? It has to go back to some sort of memory of what its shape is in order to heal it over. In animals that regenerate, they have a completely different electrical profile after they’ve been—so after they’ve had an arm chopped off.

Unveiling the Mind-Blowing Biotech of Regeneration: Michael Levin

Source:

Relevant snippets:

"If you look at the early embryo as it's putting its face together, for example, you'll see something we call "the electrical face"... which is basically that prior to all of the genes being turned on to make different face components and so on, and certainly prior to the anatomy, there is an electrical pre-pattern in that region that basically looks like a face."

"You can see where the eyes are going because the voltage is different, you can see where the mouth is going to be..."

"...If that pattern (the electrical pattern determining how a face will look) is instructive, then you ought to be able to do two things, you ought to be able to mess it up, and thus disrupt that electrical pattern, and thus get defects in craniofacial patterning"

"...the more exciting thing you might be able to do is to get those electrical patterns and move them elsewhere"

Hypothesis And Implications On Looksmaxing:
  • Our unique bioelectrical pattern dictates morphology (how our bone structure, eye area, and other parts of the body is shaped, not size, but shape.)
  • Our unique bioelectrical pattern isn't genetically inherited! But, it serves as a template for how our faces are shaped. Different bioelectrical patterns is the reason why you look like you and not like an exact replica of @Blackgymmax (bone structure wise)
  • Could we tweak this bioelectrical morphological pattern to modify our appearance?
  • We could use electricity to possibly grow taller, modify our bone structure, features, etc. at home with possibly high precision, etc.
  • We could use bioelectricity and use those bioelectric patterns to change our own face into that somewhat influenced by someone else's bioelectric patterning (and in turn, actually morphing yourself with someone)
  • We could use this to create new hair follicles wherever we wanted?
  • Stimulate hair growth?
  • Enhance skin quality (collagen and elastin)
  • Anti-aging of the face.
  • Recruit stem cells.
  • Fix facial asymmetry?
  • Microcurrent devices are an established and scientifically proven way to enhance facial muscles size and growth, sculpting, toning, defining and contouring your face by administering micro shocks.
  • And much more!
Limitations:
  • Some of the things said above are hypothetical and haven't necessarily been proven and may be wrong.
  • Much of this is in the early stages of research, and some claims are purely hypothetical.
  • The technical challenges of precise control and potential side effects remain significant.
Context and Resources

Developmental bioelectricity is the regulation of cell, tissue, and organ-level patterning and behavior by electrical signals during the development of embryonic animals and plants.

Morphogenesis is the biological process that causes a cell, tissue or organism to develop its shape.

fuck you kys honestly

• JFL
  • +1
  • +1
I don’t believe this would be strong enough to manipulate bone ngl
I think it would have to have direct contact with bone to do anything.

• +1
  • +1

I think it's encoded in the unknown-functioning DNA or immaterially inherited (which is what I'm currently leaning towards)

• +1

What if reincarnation is legit and your bioelectrical patterning you immaterially inherited is dictated by your last life? Meaning that if you are as evil as @Blackgymmax, you may be reborn as a ugly human with unfavorable bioelectrical patterning?

Just a hypothesis.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii, RAITEIII, Sushifart and 1 other person
Also, what if bioelectrical patterning and consciousness are linked in the sense that the moment or first appearance of these signals, is when consciousness begins to come in?

That would mean that consciousness comes into a fetus very, very early.

• +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Sushifart, Shkreliii, Deleted member 52374 and 1 other person
It's given if you're consistently contributing to the forum knowledge-wise.
i just did a 5 minute session as per the device directions. ill do it everyday for a few weeks and report back. it sends electricity through a tube with "inert" gas to create oxygen rich electrons or something. shit actually zaps your skin if you hold it close. once it touches your skin theres no feeling and the electricityd is funneled into the skin ig.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Sushifart, Shkreliii and enchanted_elixir
Tricking forum schizos into giving themselves free shock therapy. Very Clever!

!
season 3 pain GIF by Portlandia

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Sushifart, Shkreliii, Deleted member 52374 and 1 other person
I dropped a toaster in the bathtub to ascend

• Woah
  • +1
(Rhinoplasty with electricity)

• +1
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Shkreliii and Blackgymmax
Tricking forum schizos into giving themselves free shock therapy. Very Clever!

!
season 3 pain GIF by Portlandia
It is.

Rhinoplasty without surgery, using electricity.

• +1
That's disrespectful.

He will get a warning for this.

• +1
Reactions: Clavicular, Shkreliii, Fiqh and 1 other person
bonesmashing 2.0: electrocute your face

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Sushifart, Shkreliii and enchanted_elixir
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Sushifart, humanoidsub7, Shkreliii and 2 others
i just did a 5 minute session as per the device directions. ill do it everyday for a few weeks and report back. it sends electricity through a tube with "inert" gas to create oxygen rich electrons or something. shit actually zaps your skin if you hold it close. once it touches your skin theres no feeling and the electricityd is funneled into the skin ig.
I'd prefer to administer on cheek muscles, under eye area muscles, and masseter muscle.
Maybe over my eyebrows as well to see what it can do to eyebrow tilt and upper eyelid exposure.

• +1
I'd prefer to administer on cheek muscles, under eye area muscles, and masseter muscle.
Maybe over my eyebrows as well to see what it can do to eyebrow tilt and upper eyelid exposure.
i plan on doing it on my smile lines as well as everything you mentioned above. mainly nasolabiofolds, cheek muscles, and under eye.

• +1
  • +1
  • +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back