What is the typical lateral projection for jaw angle implants?

Wallenberg

Wallenberg

Kraken
7-10 mm?

@madcap88 @Gaia262

25mm per side mogs

• JFL
Reactions: CristianT
I had 4.5 each side and it was a noticable improvement but I think it could have been better. Might go back under the knife to get additional augmentation.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
I had 4.5 each side and it was a noticable improvement but I think it could have been better. Might go back under the knife to get additional augmentation.
Who was the surgeon and did he design the implant?

Who was the surgeon and did he design the implant?
Mine was done by random residents. They did a decent job though. It was a custom implant.

• +1
Mine was done by random residents. They did a decent job though. It was a custom implant.
Is your jaw angular now or did you get the bloated look some get from implants?

Is your jaw angular now or did you get the bloated look some get from implants?
It’s angular, not uncanny at all actually. But it made a subtle difference, I guess that’s the tradeoff. Or maybe you can do a big change and not look uncanny, I’m trying to figure that one out.

• +1
It’s angular, not uncanny at all actually. But it made a subtle difference, I guess that’s the tradeoff. Or maybe you can do a big change and not look uncanny, I’m trying to figure that one out.
Are you going to design the implant or let the surgeon design?

Are you going to design the implant or let the surgeon design?
I let them do it, I know nothing about designing facial implants. But I do provide examples and morphs of what I’m looking for.

• +1
I let them do it, I know nothing about designing facial implants. But I do provide examples and morphs of what I’m looking for.
How much did your SMV or looks improve with the small implant?

0.5 maybe? I got genioplasty at the same time. I think the total gain was about 1. Thats on a 1-10 scale because PSL is retarded.

It definitely made me better looking

• +1
0.5 maybe? I got genioplasty at the same time. I think the total gain was about 1. Thats on a 1-10 scale because PSL is retarded.

It definitely made me better looking
Did you have a good/wide jaw already when you went to have quite a small implant?