What’s the 2024 verdict on chewing to grow jaws

PROMETHEUS

PROMETHEUS

Inactive: Ascension in Progress 🔋
Does chewing actually work or is it just a meme?

I know some people get fillers and then sell chewing products to idiots (same way roiders sell meal plans)

Has anyone here actually grown their jaws by chewing?

• +1
Reactions: Infinite

I know some people get fillers and then sell chewing products to idiots (same way roiders sell meal plans)

Better to do and it doesnt work than to not do it while it does

• +1
Reactions: animo123

If you think about it logically if a muscle is being stretched then put under tension it should develop more muscle tissue

• +1
Reactions: buflek
Yes, but you need to have the right base to chew and for it to have an impact. I had nonexistent masseters a few years ago but pretty good bones and so chewing massively improved my lower third aesthetic. But it's not for everyone.

There's no verdict. Battle between mewcels and genecels is eternal.

• +1
Reactions: SlavicGeneral
It works if you have good insertions if you don't if can make you look bloated

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
Chronic TMJ-maxxinc

There's no verdict. Battle between mewcels and genecels is eternal.

Based on this, I guess the logic conclusion is that chewing doesn’t work, otherwise there wouldn’t be a battle if it’s results were significantly obvious

• +1
Reactions: TyroneFSFS

masseters are muscle
chewing more than usual will cause microtears
eating enough protein makes them grow bigger

if its a muscle it can be hypertrophied

• +1
Reactions: PROMETHEUS

Chewing is legit if you have proper gonions, ramus length, and masseter insertions

You also need to be lean, and the risks still apply

• +1
Chewing is legit if you have proper gonions, ramus length, and masseter insertions

You also need to be lean, and the risks still apply

What would you say the main risks are?

Why could it make you look bloated?
Because if doesn't only widen the gonion it widens everything under the cheekbones it also isn't as sharp as a bone and causes a rounded appearance depends on you insertions some people can look really good will make some people look worse

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
I think it's a meme

What would you say the main risks are?
TMJ is the main one, but I also heard someone say that it can cause recession if you don’t massage the muscles, but idk about that last poinT

Those are the ones I know of, but there are probably more out there

• +1
TMJ is the main one, but I also heard someone say that it can cause recession if you don’t massage the muscles, but idk about that last poinT

Those are the ones I know of, but there are probably more out there
Yeah you need to massage the muscles

• +1
Reactions: chadintraining
Yeah you need to massage the muscles
How do you massage them, I have masseter asymmetry causing jaw asymmetry (it isn’t a bone asymmetry, my ramus length and gonion flare is the same on both sides, confirmed by xray) and I plan to chew to correct it, but I don’t want to cause TMJ, recession, or any other problems

How do you massage them, I have masseter asymmetry causing jaw asymmetry (it isn’t a bone asymmetry, my ramus length and gonion flare is the same on both sides, confirmed by xray) and I plan to chew to correct it, but I don’t want to cause TMJ, recession, or any other problems
There are 3 massages, do them 3 times throughout the day
1. Push your masseters with your thumb and extend your mouth open as much as you can for 10 seconds, do 5 reps
2. Put your lips in your mouth, like the opposite of a kissy face, like you just got your nails done and extend your mouth open as much as you can for 10 seconds do 5 reps
3. On your temples (right above the zygos) push with the base of your palms and extend your mouth open as much as you can for 10 seconds, do 5 reps

• +1
Reactions: chadintraining