When does minoxidil take effect

Imretarded?

Imretarded?

日本人pilled
How long should I be expecting for hair follicles to begin lengthening.

I know noticeable results is 4-6 months, but that's not when the follicles begin to change.

I saw first results on my brows after 3 months already, my temples are still not filling in properly so either I'm a non responder, or it still takes time. It can take up to a year from what I've read.

• +1
Reactions: Imretarded?
I saw first results on my brows after 3 months already, my temples are still not filling in properly so either I'm a non responder, or it still takes time. It can take up to a year from what I've read.
You mean zero results for temples or just minimal? If it worked for your brows, nothing stopping from also working on hairline.

You mean zero results for temples or just minimal?
Minimal, but on the other hand, I have no pics to compare the temples to, my gf said that it's helping immensely but she also said I look hot after gaining 10kgs of weight, so not sure if that's a trustable source :feelswhy:

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Gerardwayfan and Imretarded?
Don't forget to do microneedling 1x per week on your scalp, in combination with minox it should speed up things, I only recently started microneedling. I've read that it improves the efficiency of minox by 340% or something.

• Love it
Minimal, but on the other hand, I have no pics to compare the temples to, my gf said that it's helping immensely but she also said I look hot after gaining 10kgs of weight, so not sure if that's a trustable source :feelswhy:
Mirin supportive girlfriend.

It could also be the density of dosage in that region. The applied minoxidil could be more densely applied on the brow area

Mirin supportive girlfriend.

It could also be the density of dosage in that region. The applied minoxidil could be more densely applied on the brow area
I spray 2 times on a wattpad for both my eyebrows and spray 6 times directly at my scalp and massage afterwards, could be that I'm also just receeding more and the minox can't keep up, but my guess is, it's just that the minox doesn't fully work yet. The hair follicles on the eyebrows are structurally different from the hair on the scalp area too, as it isn't influenced by DHT

• Woah
I spray 2 times on a wattpad for both my eyebrows and spray 6 times directly at my scalp and massage afterwards, could be that I'm also just receeding more and the minox can't keep up, but my guess is, it's just that the minox doesn't fully work yet.
Do you use finasteride with it?

Do you use finasteride with it?
Nah, I will only use fin as a last resort. My norwood never was bad, it's something like nw1-2, but I've seen my temple area thinning out.
I'd rather get a hairtransplant and then use fin once shit gets worse (probably won't happen, as my whole family has and had a full had of hair, I think stress or my nutrition is fucking me over rn)

• +1
How long should I be expecting for hair follicles to begin lengthening.

I know noticeable results is 4-6 months, but that's not when the follicles begin to change.
my hairline started filling in after three months, i only use fin now though minox ages you

• Woah
Nah, I will only use fin as a last resort. My norwood never was bad, it's something like nw1-2, but I've seen my temple area thinning out.
I'd rather get a hairtransplant and then use fin once shit gets worse (probably won't happen, as my whole family has and had a full had of hair, I think stress or my nutrition is fucking me over rn)
lwk denial, if you notice thinning before 25 you will go nw3 or above. Mature hairlines don't thinout.

• Woah
my hairline started filling in after three months, i only use fin now though minox ages you
So how long have you used it after those three months? Another 3-6 months? Since you need your new hairs to fall out and regrow to become permanent?

So how long have you used it after those three months? Another 3-6 months? Since you need your new hairs to fall out and regrow to become permanent?
my hair fell out after a month and grew back better after 3 months of use. Im a great responder but i think i absorb to much minoxidil because i started bloating and my skin looked weird and wrinkles got worse around my eyes also insane dark circles. I stopped taking it. and I've been on fin for about two months.

• Woah
lwk denial, if you notice thinning before 25 you will go nw3 or above. Mature hairlines don't thinout.
Nah I often had this in the past where my temple area thinned out for a few months and then came back, I don't see why it shouldn't come back this time. I already am 25 soon and my nw always was always going from nw1 to nw2, back when I was 16-17 it was at its worst, but it always came back.
I don't want to use finasteride, it's simply not worth the sides for me as I have other things to look out for than hair which can be transplanted anyway. Minox + microneedling will be enough for the next years, I also want my dick to be functional.

my hair fell out after a month and grew back better after 3 months of use. Im a great responder but i think i absorb to much minoxidil because i started bloating and my skin looked weird and wrinkles got worse around my eyes also insane dark circles. I stopped taking it. and I've been on fin for about two months.
Do you use other stuff for skin quality? Tretinoin?

Nah I often had this in the past where my temple area thinned out for a few months and then came back, I don't see why it shouldn't come back this time. I already am 25 soon and my nw always was always going from nw1 to nw2, back when I was 16-17 it was at its worst, but it always came back.
I don't want to use finasteride, it's simply not worth the sides for me as I have other things to look out for than hair which can be transplanted anyway.
well you use minox right, with min you lose every couple of months and it grows back, just if mpb progresses min cant help much.
Yea if your NW1-2 you don't need finasteride unless you see like a inch of thinning. Im about a 2-2.5 so i had to start.

Do you use other stuff for skin quality? Tretinoin?
I do basic skin care, cleanser, moisturizer, chemical exfoliants.

Dont plan on using tret until like 25-30. I just don't think min is worth it for hairloss, its only worth it if you are on fin but need more growth. If fin doesn't get me to nw1.5 ill get a small HT instead of min.

• +1

Dont plan on using tret until like 25-30. I just don't think min is worth it for hairloss, its only worth it if you are on fin but need more growth. If fin doesn't get me to nw1.5 ill get a small HT instead of min.
Does fin prevent the grown hair from minox from falling out, even if you don't use min?

I would suggest you use tret though. Is nearly flawless, and the only drawback can be easily dealt with by using UV blocking sun cream

Does fin prevent the grown hair from minox from falling out, even if you don't use min?
no, if you take Minox for a couple of months and you stop and take fin you will lose all gains, but most likely the follicle is still alive fin will bring back some of it but in a longer period of time.

• +1
Reactions: panfacemogger
no, if you take Minox for a couple of months and you stop and take fin you will lose all gains, but most likely the follicle is still alive fin will bring back some of it but in a longer period of time.
Ah good to know.

I would suggest you use tret though. Is nearly flawless, and the only drawback can be easily dealt with by using UV blocking sun cream
There are conversations of tret causing fat loss in face, my skin isn't that bad its gotten better after stopping minox. Minox just made my expression lines more pronounced forehead, naso folds, under eyes. Looks like they are slowly getting better as my collagen is getting better.