Why are UFC/MMA fighters relatively short?

Funnyunenjoyer1

Funnyunenjoyer1

Silver
Why are UFC/MMA fighters so short? (especially the top ones) maybe overtraining in martial arts causes your body to suck all the nutrients and nothing is left for growth?

Why are UFC/MMA fighters so short? (especially the top ones) maybe overtraining in martial arts causes your body to suck all the nutrients and nothing is left for growth?
Weight classes and averages

• +1
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5
Weight classes and averages
weight classes don't matter because there are skinny tallish guys too like O-malley fighting in Bantamweight

shorter = less unused space,
being too tall isn't good for athleticism
thats why the best heavyweight fighters in the world are 6'4 max its the peak athleticism height

• +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
shorter = less unused space,
being too tall isn't good for athleticism
thats why the best heavyweight fighters in the world are 6'4 max its the peak athleticism height
Yeah that makes sense
when your too tall it throws you off balance and you are not as quick with your long limbs

• +1
Reactions: st.hamudi but 6‘5
Average 170lbs fighter (weight class which most people will fall into) is taller than average male.

Average 170lbs fighter (weight class which most people will fall into) is taller than average male.
average in which country? worldwide?

average in which country? worldwide?
I’m going by usa as most are from usa however it’s above average for the other countries which make up a large amount of fighters (brazil Russia) as well. But it’s very likely a lot of taller and very athletic people would prefer to pursue basketball football etc over getting brain damage for money.

• +1
I’m going by usa as most are from usa however it’s above average for the other countries which make up a large amount of fighters (brazil Russia) as well. But it’s very likely a lot of taller and very athletic people would prefer to pursue basketball football etc over getting brain damage for money.
combat sport is the most athletic type of sports and it is not even close, mma literally represents athleticism it is the ultimative measure

• +1
combat sport is the most athletic type of sports and it is not even close, mma literally represents athleticism it is the ultimative measure
I fight and agree with you but 9/10 6’3 athletic guys would prefer their chances in basketball or something like that due to risk and money of mma.

• +1
I fight and agree with you but 9/10 6’3 athletic guys would prefer their chances in basketball or something like that due to risk and money of mma.
yes and no, I am pretty athletic and prefer mma because it makes me feel alive to fight, thats a personal thing ig

even if it's true u can't compare the athleticism of fighters with other sports there are worlds between in every single segment it is not comparable at all or even worth to argue

Bc they're angry

The have to cope somehow.