Why can you tell a guy's age just by his looks?

Feliezzx

Feliezzx

Final stage- hardmaxxing
On an average, you can easily tell how old a guy is just by looking at him
There is a usually a clear difference between a 16 and an 18 year old and a 25 year old
Why is that so? Puberty should end by 16-17 and it's not like 18 year olds have any less collagen
Is it the bone structure? Is it possible for someone to fraud his age as 16 or 18 when he's 20+?

Yes, the bone structure definitely plays a role on preceived age. or facial features that seem "grown" (as in highly dimorphic), or body frame, style and the way they carry themselves (walking, talking, behaving...). For me it's bones then features then skin quality etc..

• Hmm...
Reactions: Feliezzx
I look 16-18 at 28 because I have never worn sunscreen, nor taken covid-19 vaccine and I eat McDonald’s every meal

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 50511 and PrimoMaxxer
I look 16-18 at 28 because I have never worn sunscreen, nor taken covid-19 vaccine and I eat McDonald’s every meal
If that you in your pfp, you look 35

Yes, the bone structure definitely plays a role on preceived age. or facial features that seem "grown" (as in highly dimorphic), or body frame, style and the way they carry themselves (walking, talking, behaving...). For me it's bones then features then skin quality etc..
Lies, foids say i look 30 even though i am 18

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Maalik and newestofnewgen
On an average, you can easily tell how old a guy is just by looking at him
There is a usually a clear difference between a 16 and an 18 year old and a 25 year old
Why is that so? Puberty should end by 16-17 and it's not like 18 year olds have any less collagen
Is it the bone structure? Is it possible for someone to fraud his age as 16 or 18 when he's 20+?
Yes, losing collegen and receding hairline

• +1
Reactions: newestofnewgen
Dude vaxxers are pre maturely aged I notice grey hairs at 20 years old

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: rubberduck and Akhi
For guys with average bone mass their perceived age depends on facial fat pads mainly until around 25. Then it’s collagen and elastin too.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
im 24 and get guessed at 18-20 mostly

• +1
Reactions: the next o'pry
good point, in my highschool there's this guy in year 13 (yes i live in the uk) who's like 5'9 and balding very severely. Keep in mind i am 16 so it's very hard to tell. wonder what he looked like when he was 16

Features and bone structure does play a role but i'd say that youth and health indicators have a much higher impact on perceived age than bone structure since they naturally decline with age (bones too but a lot more slowly, your bone structure shouldn't be drastically different at 20 and at 40, the same cannot be said for your skin and your hairline sadly).
Being NW3 can easily make you look 10 years older even if you have collagen levels of a teenager.
Example :

So basically hair > skin > bones when it comes to perceived age, that's one of the key reasons why balding is so destructive.

• +1
Reactions: Graham and Feliezzx
Features and bone structure does play a role but i'd say that youth and health indicators have a much higher impact on perceived age than bone structure since they naturally decline with age (bones too but a lot more slowly, your bone structure shouldn't be drastically different at 20 and at 40, the same cannot be said for your skin and your hairline sadly).
Being NW3 can easily make you look 10 years older even if you have collagen levels of a teenager.
Example : View attachment 2796511
So basically hair > skin > bones when it comes to perceived age, that's one of the key reasons why balding is so destructive.
Thanks for clarifying! good input.

• +1
Reactions: FrenchChad
For me people think i am in mid 20s when im 16 i think my collagen is fucked

when i was 18-20 people were taking that i was 16 now whenever i ask people say i look my age when i have a beard keep in mind im severly norwooding

Hair, midface height / projection, and skin can make someone look older or younger.

I was told about a guy and they said he was in his late 30s, yet I was convinced he couldn't have been older than 25, untill he took his hat off and I saw he was heavily balding.

The reason why it's so deceptive, is that things like skin quality and hair are a sigh of health, and subsequently associated with aging within cultures, due to aging effecting people's health.

People can have bad genetics or lifestyles that cause premature aging. This is especially common among Caucasian populations who frequently have terrible hair and skin genetics, making them look much older than other ethnicities. I sometimes hear Caucasians say how these other groups look so young or "like children", but then my non Caucasian friends make fun of how terrible Caucasians age.

I think many adults actually have better skin than teenagers, due to their hormones stabalizing, allowing their skin to clear up, I know many people who had a hard time with their skin as teenagers, but it cleared up as they grew up, so going off just skin quality is also misleading.

Some people get lucky and look dimorphic at 18 or 20, then keep the good skin and hair they have at that age, and so look "young" but still attractive, others might not get well developed bone structure, but keep their youthful features and can seem young but in a bad way, and others might be really young and end up aging prematurely.

TL;DR: you can't tell a guys age just off his looks in a lot of cases, at best just a general estimate. This will vary greatly depending on ethnicity.

Is it possible for someone to fraud his age as 16 or 18 when he's 20+?
Usually yeah, 18 - 19s don't look much different to 20 unless the reaper caught the guy early, it's usually fashion and behaviour in these cases, hence why a lot of online video creators might seem a lot younger as they "act like a teenager" and dress a certain way.

• +1
Reactions: the next o'pry and Feliezzx