Why can't vertical genioplasty fix the facial affects of brachycephaly

barettrealrx

barettrealrx

Ascend
It makes your face longer, also I think bimax cw rotation can do that but I'm not sure whether it dogmaxxes

IMG 7991

this is the only photo i could find rn but yes

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: zura and barettrealrx
  • +1
Reactions: barettrealrx
U think vertical genioplasty can achieve same results? Also it doesn't look like bimax cw rotation dogmaxxes which is good prob cause it is clockwise
your only risk in dogmaxxing it how much forward advancement you get on your bimax/genioplasty

• +1
your only risk in dogmaxxing it how much forward advancement you get on your bimax/genioplasty
U think vertical genioplasty or cw bimax is better

U think vertical genioplasty or cw bimax is better
depends how bad but most likely cw bimax. you can fuck up a lot of other ratios and planes so do research on things like the occlusional plane to see if bimax would be better

• +1
depends how bad but most likely cw bimax. you can fuck up a lot of other ratios and planes so do research on things like the occlusional plane to see if bimax would be better
U think verticalgenio only increasechin while bimax increas both chin and philtrum?

Alsoi notice in ccw bimax they cut mandible and maxilla in half, and put new stuff in between the incsions to make each longer, in cw rotation do they make incisions in mandible and maxilla andput it bakc together to make them shorter?

• +1
Reactions: zombie
Alsoi notice in ccw bimax they cut mandible and maxilla in half, and put new stuff in between the incsions to make each longer, in cw rotation do they make incisions in mandible and maxilla andput it bakc together to make them shorter?
possibly, i figure you don’t have to cut any off if you get a decent amount of forward advancement

• +1
possibly, i figure you don’t have to cut any off if you get a decent amount of forward advancement
Wdym by forward advance ment?

vertical genio is prob your best bet

• +1
vertical genio is prob your best bet
Yeahalso implanning to get short nose rhino which makes your philtrum look shorter if i get vertical genio and that it has a chance of looking uncanny maybe bimax to counteractthe philtrum shortening of short nose rhino looks like it decreasesphiltrum by 2 mm

Last edited: