Why the fuck is everyone in this site learning programming?

D

Deleted member 31155

Kraken
  • Programming is one of the most incel jobs ever. You will be surrounded by incels/geeks/gamers that eat dorrittos and dont shower all the time. You will spend your whole life in a dark room with a sedentary lifestyle and a screen. Their main hobbies consists of DnD, Star Wars, Gaming, Marvel/DC, Anime and scrolling Reddit.

• More importantly for a looksmaxxer, talking about programming with your peers wouldnt be interesting to you, its not your passion, face it. You just want money. Not to spend your day writing code for a program that is 99% of the times quite uninteresting in the eyes of others. You wont be making the next Matrix simulation. You will just spend 8 hours a day to write shitty code for a website. You'll have much more important stuff to think of such as how often you should gymmax, what diet to follow or whether a genioplasty would suffice instead of a bimax.

• On top of it all, you will be programming in a dark locked room for 8 hours a day. Lack of sunlight exposure contributes to poor blood circulation, shitty skin coloring, depression and most importantly, balding.

• Compsci is such a cucked job, like dont even try mentioning it to your partner that you are a programmer, it would be an instant turnoff for her and she'll dump you for someone else with a less incel-like career.

• You wont be making 100k by the time you're out of uni, that is reserved for genetically smart peeps who are gifted and spent their whole lives programming at the age of 5. By the time you would be able to make 6 figures, you would have to have around 6 years of experience. You'd probably be an oldcel since then.

• Being a self taught programmer doesnt work as always. Employers are more likely to recruit someone with a degree rather than some random charlatan who never went to school. You will be at the bottom of their consideration list. And also, you will be making LESS than the college graduate, because you have no degree.

• If you're an American, prepare for that shitton of debt after college.

• After graduating 4 years of college later, AI would have become to advanced to the point where junior positions might be hard to fit in.

Most people follow the path of compsci solely for the money. But no one considers the downsides of it. You will RARELY meet someone who truly loves to sit all day in a room and write code for a software every day.

I would say the trades are a better job position, as education takes only 2 years and you will be paid while they teach you to learn to do your job. Plumbing or Electrician for example. Also the salary is pretty good, they get 100K too. You can also create a business after 5 years of experience and rack your salary up to 150k. You will ALSO LEARN NOT TO BE A HIGH INHIB CUCK AND WORK EVERY DAY WITH PEOPLE WHO THROW INSULTS AND RACIAL SLURS AT YOU.

Istockphoto 1363246495 612x612

View attachment 2288572

View attachment 2288573

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: deadmanwalking, ifyouwannabemylover, try2beme and 18 others
How do I know if youre not trying to trick me out of getting a position in a programming job?

• JFL
Reactions: try2beme, rooman, Jhon Smith and 1 other person
How do I know if youre not trying to trick me out of getting a position in a programming job?

Im not trying to trick you out of your dream job. If programming is what you like then go ahead and pursue it. This thread is aimed at those who want to become programmers solely for the money and nothing else. I am trying to get them out of this trap they are digging themselves at. There is too much competition in the field of programming, it would take months, if not, years to land a programming job fresh outta college. I heard MANY who quit programming because it wasnt for them and they went only solely for the money. Sure some have true passion for it but it is quite rare (speaking for those with 10+ years of experience)

You will never meet someone in this site who aspires to be a doctor, a chemist or a physicist solely for the money. These jobs surely revolve around for those who have interest at discovering new things. It takes way more years to be qualified for such positions. Most money-hungry people are picking programming, but are unaware of the trap they are digging themselves at.

Why I said the trades before except for the money? You will be gaining real world experience. You will have a hands on and practical experience in the outside world. Speaking with people who have personalities and are not into such nerdy stuff like I mentioned in my post. You wont be doing the same stuff all day in a room.

But anyways if you still insist doing it for the money, then go ahead.

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
Im not trying to trick you out of your dream job. If programming is what you like then go ahead and pursue it. This thread is aimed at those who want to become programmers solely for the money and nothing else. I am trying to get them out of this trap they are digging themselves at. There is too much competition in the field of programming, it would take months, if not, years to land a programming job fresh outta college. I heard MANY who quit programming because it wasnt for them and they went only solely for the money. Sure some have true passion for it but it is quite rare (speaking for those with 10+ years of experience)

You will never meet someone who aspires to be a doctor, a chemist or a physicist solely for the money. These jobs surely revolve around for those who have interest at discovering new things. It takes way more years to be qualified for such positions. Most money-hungry people are picking programming, but are unaware of the trap they are digging themselves at.

Why I said the trades before except for the money? You will be gaining real world experience. You will have a hands on and practical experience in the outside world. Speaking with people who have personalities and are not into such nerdy stuff like I mentioned in my post. You wont be doing the same stuff all day in a room.

But anyways if you still insist doing it for the money, then go ahead.
But but, that asian from TikTok Frank told me that you should do programming if youre trying to get money

But but, that asian from TikTok Frank told me that you should do programming if youre trying to get money
Tell him to shave his head, grow a beard, hit the gym and stop being a cuck.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: try2beme, Deleted member 6128, optimisticzoomer and 2 others
"Muh masculinity" Redpill cope , you probably follow Andrew Tate unironically

@HarrierDuBois @Graham

• +1
Reactions: dannydipss, Rasputin, Deleted member 6128 and 10 others
As greycel as it gets, almost sounds like a larp

• +1
Reactions: try2beme, optimisticzoomer, Deleted member 5815 and 1 other person
Getting a top tier programming job is way easier than in other fields where if you didn't go to a top 20 school you're automatically disqualified. You just need to get good at leetcode, which is way easier than what you neeed to do for other high paying stuff like IB and law

• +1
Reactions: bluk and fauxfox
Damn, I remember freshman year of college having similar thoughts and now that I actually work in industry, this post couldn't be further from the truth, jfl.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: bluk, Deleted member 21863 and Deleted member 28916
being a doctor mogs

• +1
Reactions: LiterallyNightwing and Deleted member 21863
You literally described how cucks look

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Banderacell, UnaMogger, Rasputin and 4 others
Was with you until you mentioned going into trades

• +1
Reactions: LiterallyNightwing
gotta do something to cope nowadays boyo.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29155
  • Programming is one of the most incel jobs ever. You will be surrounded by incels/geeks/gamers that eat dorrittos and dont shower all the time. You will spend your whole life in a dark room with a sedentary lifestyle and a screen. Their main hobbies consists of DnD, Star Wars, Gaming, Marvel/DC, Anime and scrolling Reddit.

• More importantly for a looksmaxxer, talking about programming with your peers wouldnt be interesting to you, its not your passion, face it. You just want money. Not to spend your day writing code for a program that is 99% of the times quite uninteresting in the eyes of others. You wont be making the next Matrix simulation. You will just spend 8 hours a day to write shitty code for a website. You'll have much more important stuff to think of such as how often you should gymmax, what diet to follow or whether a genioplasty would suffice instead of a bimax.

• On top of it all, you will be programming in a dark locked room for 8 hours a day. Lack of sunlight exposure contributes to poor blood circulation, shitty skin coloring, depression and most importantly, balding.

• Compsci is such a cucked job, like dont even try mentioning it to your partner that you are a programmer, it would be an instant turnoff for her and she'll dump you for someone else with a less incel-like career.

• You wont be making 100k by the time you're out of uni, that is reserved for genetically smart peeps who are gifted and spent their whole lives programming at the age of 5. By the time you would be able to make 6 figures, you would have to have around 6 years of experience. You'd probably be an oldcel since then.

• Being a self taught programmer doesnt work as always. Employers are more likely to recruit someone with a degree rather than some random charlatan who never went to school. You will be at the bottom of their consideration list. And also, you will be making LESS than the college graduate, because you have no degree.

• After graduating 4 years of college later, AI would have become to advanced to the point where junior positions might be hard to fit in.

Most people follow the path of compsci solely for the money. But no one considers the downsides of it. You will RARELY meet someone who truly loves to sit all day in a room and write code for a software every day.

I would say the trades are a better job position, as education takes only 2 years and you will be paid while they teach you to learn to do your job. Plumbing or Electrician for example. Also the salary is pretty good, they get 100K too. You can also create a business after 5 years of experience and rack your salary up to 150k. You will ALSO LEARN NOT TO BE A HIGH INHIB CUCK AND WORK EVERY DAY WITH PEOPLE WHO THROW INSULTS AND RACIAL SLURS AT YOU.

View attachment 2288569
View attachment 2288572

View attachment 2288573
Trades are literal poop tier jfl although they’re a step above mcdonalds.

Getting a top tier programming job is way easier than in other fields where if you didn't go to a top 20 school you're automatically disqualified. You just need to get good at leetcode, which is way easier than what you neeed to do for other high paying stuff like IB and law
Well because of skill>prestige culture, work immigrants is and Will be, a big problem for aspiring programmers.

If you’re a highly attractive man (chadlite or above) you would most likely be better off in another field.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29155 and gribsufer1
what field would you be better off in?
Well it depends on the market where you live etc but generally high paying jobs where you meet clients instead of pure brain power ones where looks Will only help for a halo effect in the interview (could work against you If the interviewer is an incel).

”A former J.P. Morgan banker says ECM attracts beautiful types because ECM is quite simple and there's a lot of client hand-holding. "The typical ECM guy is easy on the eye, very sociable, not too smart," he says.”

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1 and poopoohead
Well it depends on the market where you live etc but generally high paying jobs where you meet clients instead of pure brain power ones where looks Will only help for a halo effect in the interview (could work against you If the interviewer is an incel).

”A former J.P. Morgan banker says ECM attracts beautiful types because ECM is quite simple and there's a lot of client hand-holding. "The typical ECM guy is easy on the eye, very sociable, not too smart," he says.”

Actor finn wittrock 436445 large
good pheno htn is enough for that, this kind of aesthetic, youd suit it

Sir, I don’t have any Jewish connections and I don’t qualify for a diversity checkbox hire ( I’m not a nigger )

• JFL
Reactions: LiterallyNightwing and Deleted member 29155
because i can work remote and travel the world while making at least 4x your peak income.

• +1
Reactions: Kinger, Rasputin and Deleted member 24770
no rabbi I will not drop out and destroy my body doing manual labour

• JFL
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
"Muh masculinity" Redpill cope , you probably follow Andrew Tate unironically

@HarrierDuBois @Graham
This site is overrun by retards from tiktok now jfl. Theres good money in computer science and these dudes don’t know what they’re talking about. My brother, my dad, my cousins are all in computer science and I know how much they make. But but some random autist on .org is saying being a programmer is beta and doesn’t make good money. It makes good money and making good money= alpha
Let these wagecucks and matrix slaves cope

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois, ArcticStorm, User28823 and 2 others
so ironic you're shitting on programming and can barely format a basic forum post
just jealous because you can't learn how to program ?
move on chud.
LIKE LITERALLY HOW DO YOU FUCK UP A BULLET LIST LOL

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: bluk, User28823, AsGoodAsItGets and 1 other person
Damn, I remember freshman year of college having similar thoughts and now that I actually work in industry, this post couldn't be further from the truth, jfl.
Elaborate please

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Elaborate please
- Programming is not an incel job, no one is hiring a socially incompetent unhygienic retard. My coworkers are well-adjusted, well-spoken, and definitely not the stereotypical "incel" by any means.
- Most people in this field don't have a passion for it or lost that a long time ago. Most also have the self-awareness going into the field that they likely won't be working on cutting edge innovative technology. 99% of people aren't passionate about their job, might as well do something that pays well and has a stupidly high ceiling on salary.
- Everyone wants to be a programmer these days, jfl at thinking women are turned off by it.
- His salary estimates he pulled out of his ass. I graduated this year, 0 experience, landed a job 90k starting salary during the worst time to get a job. Now imagine if I had actually tried, grinded leetcode, connections, got internships, and then got into FAANG. Could be pulling 150k+ starting out of college. ANYONE can do that btw, all you have to do is practice leetcode and then pass the interview, degree or not.
- Debt can be avoided with financial aid + scholarships after doing well your first year of college.
- Some cope about AI coming for your job when it's been 13 years since self driving was supposed to take truckers jobs, turns out edge cases and debugging is harder than people think. The adoption of new tech in the real world takes way longer than people think, especially considering how many companies are still running on legacy code and software written in the 80s. Tech jobs will definitely evolve but I know many senior engineers who are saying right now is extremely exciting to be in this field and it may be the best thing to ever happen for programmers. Seniors have to be replaced by someone, cough cough juniors.

I went through the same thought process as OP my freshman year thinking maybe I should drop out, do a trade, muh plumber making 6 figures when in reality that's the top 10% of plumbers doing hard physical labor while the average software engineer pulls in 6 figures after 1-3 years of experience. JFL at owning a business when 99% of them fail, you legitimately have a better chance grinding leetcode and getting into FAANG than making a successful business. The funny thing about OP's last statement is that this field actually made me less inhib, it forced me out of that.

Also, who hurt this man 😭😭😭
AND WORK EVERY DAY WITH PEOPLE WHO THROW INSULTS AND RACIAL SLURS AT YOU.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11887, bluk, Deleted member 12413 and 7 others
quantmaxx asap
400-500k starting for quant traders and researchers at high frequency trading firms and prop shops, potential for multimillions
prerequisites:
go to mit/princeton/harvard/gatech/cmu/columbia
4.0 gpa
double major cs math or stat
be a math and programming god
make millions

- Programming is not an incel job, no one is hiring a socially incompetent unhygienic retard. My coworkers are well-adjusted, well-spoken, and definitely not the stereotypical "incel" by any means.
- Most people in this field don't have a passion for it or lost that a long time ago. Most also have the self-awareness going into the field that they likely won't be working on cutting edge innovative technology. 99% of people aren't passionate about their job, might as well do something that pays well and has a stupidly high ceiling on salary.
- Everyone wants to be a programmer these days, jfl at thinking women are turned off by it.
- His salary estimates he pulled out of his ass. I graduated this year, 0 experience, landed a job 90k starting salary during the worst time to get a job. Now imagine if I had actually tried, grinded leetcode, connections, got internships, and then got into FAANG. Could be pulling 150k+ starting out of college. ANYONE can do that btw, all you have to do is practice leetcode and then pass the interview, degree or not.
- Debt can be avoided with financial aid + scholarships after doing well your first year of college.
- Some cope about AI coming for your job when it's been 13 years since self driving was supposed to take truckers jobs, turns out edge cases and debugging is harder than people think. The adoption of new tech in the real world takes way longer than people think, especially considering how many companies are still running on legacy code and software written in the 80s. Tech jobs will definitely evolve but I know many senior engineers who are saying right now is extremely exciting to be in this field and it may be the best thing to ever happen for programmers. Seniors have to be replaced by someone, cough cough juniors.

I went through the same thought process as OP my freshman year thinking maybe I should drop out, do a trade, muh plumber making 6 figures when in reality that's the top 10% of plumbers doing hard physical labor while the average software engineer pulls in 6 figures after 1-3 years of experience. JFL at owning a business when 99% of them fail, you legitimately have a better chance grinding leetcode and getting into FAANG than making a successful business. The funny thing about OP's last statement is that this field actually made me less inhib, it forced me out of that.

straight fire @User28823

all u poorcels won’t understand we’re glad to keep this $ to ourselves

most trades pay like shit in the UK and its full of chads

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
6 figures is the norm 2-3 years after college.
You work a junior dev job for $85k(before tax) for 2 years then leverage that experience + leetcode to land a MANGA job which will pay $120k(before tax) even in low cost of living areas.

View attachment 2288569
View attachment 2288572

View attachment 2288573
Trades lmao, enjoy getting your health destroyed while doing your blue collar low iq job.

Advantages of programming:
- Not mundane
- No women at work, interacting with high iq individuals
- High status job for high iq people
- Most of people aren’t actually nerdy and enjoy blowing their money on the fun stuff
- You don’t waste your life on commutes
- No one checks if you are actually working 8/h a day. Possibility for overemployment or rest.
- Lack of sun exposure will minimize skin damage

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Rasputin, forevermirin, AsGoodAsItGets and 1 other person

You have a basic compsie degree at a college? No masters or other qualifications?
Here in germany programming is maybe 10% of the Bachelors degree, is this enough?

Littely a steriotopical incel to normeis

This site is overrun by retards from tiktok now jfl. Theres good money in computer science and these dudes don’t know what they’re talking about. My brother, my dad, my cousins are all in computer science and I know how much they make. But but some random autist on .org is saying being a programmer is beta and doesn’t make good money. It makes good money and making good money= alpha
Let these wagecucks and matrix slaves cope
Exactly

@HarrierDuBois @Graham

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
You have a basic compsie degree at a college? No masters or other qualifications?
Here in germany programming is maybe 10% of the Bachelors degree, is this enough?
Yep, went to an average college and got a degree in comp sci. Computer science itself won't teach you how to program, it'll teach you computer science fundamentals and was very theoretical for me. That's why you should be spending time building projects outside of school to talk about in interviews and show competence to at least being teachable on the job. Ideally you should be focusing on getting internships during college to gain some experience.

Being a pilot mogs.

• +1
Reactions: bluk
i

View attachment 2288569
View attachment 2288572

View attachment 2288573
im good at it but its just not healthy to spend your life on a computer

because you can get to 100k$/ year pretty easily

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Deleted member 12413

are you high IQ?

do you want me to show you a 9k/month internship i declined?

Programming is the future my friend.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11887 and bluk
chad “works” from home programming 10 hours a week and getting foids delivered to his front door for sex any days he wants.

Another chad could work 80 hours a week (not including commute times!!!) doing a trade job and come home too tired to do anything.
Few chads from school I know did this and most of them dropped out of the career because they have lives to live.

Trade jobs is only good to get money quick in the short term. E.g. surgery, mortgage, nice car etc.
Trade jobs grind down chads in the long term.

Ideal path is cash out trade job early for surgery ascension then get some easy white collar faggot job to relax

Literally no point doing trade job if you are already chad. You are just wasting your lucky cards.

Last edited:
Because they're all indian

Over half the users on this site are Indian. There's your answer

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
U don’t learn programming to work a cuck job u learn how to make scam websites and scam low iq people who don’t know how to make stuff