Will a mouth guard prevent bruxism from shortening my face?

PYT

PYT

it’s easy to despise what you cannot have
I got told it wouldn't and that it'd only just prevent my teeth from getting shortened.

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 9699 and WadlowMaxxing

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PYT and Deleted member 10652
Yes it will also make your dick fall off

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PYT and Deleted member 6873
Yes it will also make your dick fall off
I'm being serious, no bull shit, you're saying if I get a mouth guard my face will stay the same?

no it just prevents your teeth from being grinded

• So Sad
Reactions: PYT
no because you're still applying upwards force to the maxilla, it just prevents teeth from wearing out

• So Sad
bruxism shortens your face?

• +1
i don't think bruxism would have a significant effect on your facial structure unless yours is very severe, it would likely just make your masseters bigger over time and make your fwhr a little higher
but yeah a mouthguard wouldn't help at all, it would be the same but you would be biting on the mouthguard instead of your teeth

• So Sad
i don't think bruxism would have a significant effect on your facial structure unless yours is very severe, it would likely just make your masseters bigger over time and make your fwhr a little higher
but yeah a mouthguard wouldn't help at all, it would be the same but you would be biting on the mouthguard instead of your teeth
So what do I do I feel hopeless

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8616
So what do I do I feel hopeless
nothing, bruxism is very common and it won't affect you really
your masseters would enlarge 10x with chewing, you're fine
i have mild bruxism myself for over 2 years and nothing has changed

• Hmm...
why u huh me

• +1
Because bruh this is what it happens when you have Bruxism over time. Ion want that bruh, and no one has a solution View attachment 990185
do you do that when you sleep or is it just a habit of yours when you're awake?

• +1

Attachments

• BDA07653-5753-4ED6-B9B8-C6AA151DF504.jpeg
    BDA07653-5753-4ED6-B9B8-C6AA151DF504.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 45
  • +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, magnificentcel and PYT
Bruxism will reduce your teeth height and this will reduce your lower third height.
Apparently it doesn't help much cause at the end of the day you're applying force to the upper maxilla. I thought the same

Apparently it doesn't help much cause at the end of the day you're applying force to the upper maxilla. I thought the same
ideally your tongue should be applying force to your maxilla all the time, yet it doesn't turn ugly subhuman creatures into models

• +1
do you do that when you sleep or is it just a habit of yours when you're awake?
At night only, in the day I might accidentally chew my tongue once, or accidentally tap my teeth once but that's it

ideally your tongue should be applying force to your maxilla all the time, yet it doesn't turn ugly subhuman creatures into models
No nigga fuck all that mewing shit. I meant you clenching is even with a mouth guard is still lowering your lower third height cause it's applying pressure all night

no because you're still applying upwards force to the maxilla, it just prevents teeth from wearing out
Isn't that good?

Bruxism will reduce your teeth height and this will reduce your lower third height.
you might have to get veneers or bonding eventually if you don't wear your mouthguard, so any unappealing effect caused by teeth height will be fixed

• +1
Reactions: uranio and PYT
Are you talking about the mouth guard? My dad has very short teeth caused by bruxism/erosion and his lower third is very short

• +1
you might have to get veneers or bonding eventually if you don't wear your mouthguard, so any unappealing effect caused by teeth height will be fixed
?

I don't think that's how it works, if you're teeth are grinded down and you lose jaw bone from it veneers isn't gonna grow bone back

• +1
?

I don't think that's how it works, if you're teeth are grinded down and you lose jaw bone from it veneers isn't gonna grow bone back
yeah if u lose jaw bone then it won't fix it but taller teeth will make it better

• +1
Are you talking about the mouth guard? My dad has very short teeth caused by bruxism/erosion and his lower third is very short
Yes, I'm asking if the mouth guard will prevent my face from becoming short, I know it'll preserve my teeth but I care about my face and I got told it won't help.

I don't want to end up with a face like this twenty years down the line

Attachments

• 10329.webp
    374.6 KB · Views: 8
  • +1
Reactions: uranio
Yeah that’s true, you can increase the teeth height with implants/veneers but it’s expensive as fuck

• +1
Yes, I'm asking if the mouth guard will prevent my face from becoming short, I know it'll preserve my teeth but I care about my face and I got told it won't help.

I don't want to end up with a face like this twenty years down the line
Mouth guard will save your teeth height for sure. I think bruxism causes bone loss only in very severe cases

• +1
Mouth guard will save your teeth height for sure. I think bruxism causes bone loss only in very severe cases
this basically

• +1
Guys I get that. But will I still suffer bone loss with a mouth guard?
yes but tbh i doubt your bruxism is that severe

it wont make you look deformed or anything, you're overthinking this
most likely it won't change your face at all

• +1
it wont make you look deformed or anything, you're overthinking this
most likely it won't change your face at all
That gif I posted is what scares me, a user said that's what happens to Bruxism niggas In a few years

• +1
That gif I posted is what scares me, a user said that's what happens to Bruxism niggas In a few years
that was a very severe case
my dad has cracked two teeth because of bruxism and this is his jawline
138077126 714926382729864 8193171093353793514 n

• +1
and he only started using his mouthguard a couple years ago

• +1
I got told it wouldn't and that it'd only just prevent my teeth from getting shortened.
You realise there are ways to stop bruxism too so?

that was a very severe case
my dad has cracked two teeth because of bruxism and this is his jawline
View attachment 990263
He has very thin lips cause of bruxism and i can tell his face has been altered by bruxism, even if his jaw look good, his face probably doesn't. Bruxism kill harmony

• JFL
He has very thin lips cause of bruxism and i can tell his face has been altered by bruxism, even if his jaw look good, his face probably doesn't. Bruxism kill harmony
he was a chad jfl

Magnesium works for bruxism

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
What teeth he cracked ?
i dont remember bro, mild bruxism won't fuck u up though
op saw pics of people with very severe bruxism and that's what scared him

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11053
i dont remember bro, mild bruxism won't fuck u up though
op saw pics of people with very severe bruxism and that's what scared him
I dont known if mine was mild its only the molars that are worn out but im telling you it did fuck me up bad i can see it

• So Sad
put your tongue in between your teeth. prevents bruxism and prevents you from saying goofy and retarded shit

I dont known if mine was mild its only the molars that are worn out but im telling you it did fuck me up bad i can see it
have u spoken to an orthodontist? what are your options?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11053