Reactions: Danish_Retard
All college degrees will be memes in 2030

• +1
Reactions: 2beltshawty, bronzeagepervert, AngryShortMale and 6 others
It already is a meme if u don’t have good connections

• +1
Reactions: chadintraining, AngryShortMale and AlexBrown84
if ur asking this its already over

it wont be a meme, youll just need to be giga high iq and have giga good credentials to be able to outcompete the junior level AI codemonkeys and get yourself into an actual well paying position. Kindof like finance majors in the 1970s compared to now. Its really retarded that if I was just born 10 years earlier I would be a multi millionaire with a CS degree and bitcoin and ethereum and everything. If you are a millennial and youve been around the internet your whole life and you arent extremely successful yet youre braindead. I wish I was my age right now 10 years ago so fucking bad. Golden age of tinder, be able to slay as a complete normie, make money for literally just knowing basic java fundamentals, probably trade some bitcoin on runescape, grow up to be a millionaire. Wish my parents had me 10 years earlier.

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro and chadintraining
already is

better to get a degree in history at oxbridge

if you’re not of a high enough caliber to attend, then get an accounting or psychology degree

• +1
Reactions: racoon4, AngryShortMale and ElTruecel
if ur asking this its already over
you already have a job, youll be forever locked into the industry now. Its easy to say that from this perspective. CS 5 years ago meant way more on a resume than it does now. Half the men in our generation got a CS degree and theyre useless now.

Sorry bro I will put no thought into choosing my future profession next time
cope

college majors don’t even matter really unless you’re low iq

i’m guessing you’re one such case

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel and thereallegend
already is

better to get a degree in history at oxbridge

if you’re not of a high enough caliber to attend, then get an accounting or psychology degree
Can't afford it
Doubt I could get a 100% scholarship

you already have a job, youll be forever locked into the industry now. Its easy to say that from this perspective. CS 5 years ago meant way more on a resume than it does now. Half the men in our generation got a CS degree and theyre useless now.
the truth is most people were already incompetent and a CS degree alone doesn't grant them a job

5 years ago companies could afford to hire anyone because they were getting free hand outs and could train them... now they can't

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
the truth is most people were already incompetent and a CS degree alone doesn't grant them a job

5 years ago companies could afford to hire anyone because they were getting free hand outs and could train them... now they can't
I was a QA engineer, I have seen first hand that all low level programmers are incompetent.

Oh yeah and ai
theres no such thing as the "tech bubble popping though" theres no bubble literally everyone on fucking earth even in literal third world countries scrolls through youtube shorts now. It took over the world. Tech isnt going anywhere

theres no such thing as the "tech bubble popping though" theres no bubble literally everyone on fucking earth even in literal third world countries scrolls through youtube shorts now. It took over the world. Tech isnt going anywhere
Idk tbh im just parroting what I overheard at a random bjj gym

I was a QA engineer, I have seen first hand that all low level programmers are incompetent.
i work with a senior on my team who i carry and have to explain concepts to all the time
makes me feel very secure about my job if they made it that far

i work with a senior on my team who i carry and have to explain concepts to all the time
Average gen alpha iq is 135. JFL your still fucked son.

• JFL
Reactions: User28823
Idk tbh im just parroting what I overheard at a random bjj gym
Tech ISNT a bubble but thats literally the reason its not as valuable as a degree, because programming in all reality isnt that hard it doesnt require a super high IQ, and it honestly doesnt take very long to learn it at a entry level for a job. If you are somewhat tech savvy and have a decent typing speed a job could realistically train you to be a codemonkey checking stacks in like 6 months. So now that tech is popular worldwide everyone is going to become a programmer and it will just be like any other skilled labor job that pays ~60k a year and its kindof hard to find a job like what happened with accounting or translating. Its not that it will be useless, its that it wont be one of the high paying degrees anymore. Its still a "safe" degree to get if you want a higher than average income, but in my opinion its not all that much safer than just going and waging at some company and working your way up in the same amount of time youll probably end up with nearly the same income and you wont have college debt. College degrees WILL make you money, people seem to have a misconception about that. The question is whether or not a specific degree will net you a larger income in a shorter period of time than working your way up in a job traditionally, and the degrees that will do this are kindof disappearing if you dont have money for ivy league school. Computer science was one of the only ones left that would legitimately garuntee you a 6 figure income because noone wanted to be a nerdy programmer 10 years ago, but now everyone uses computers so its not as stigmatized. Its so fucking difficult to sit here and try and predict what jobs will pay the most 30 years from now, but to be fair 30 years ago it was the same thing. Thats why you just need to choose something you legitimately are interested in and just go for it no questions asked not listening to any one around you as bluepilled as that sounds, you shoot for the stars youll land at the moon atleast. This modern idea of trying to go and get specific skills for no other purpose besides the money behind those skills is precisely what is leading society in the trajectory it is going. When is the last time you met someone your age who is a passionaite Architecht or some shit, and theyre ACTUALLY autistically interested in it, not just for money, they want to design cool buildings, those people dont exist in our generation. Become one of those people and I think that will pay off in the long run more than having one foot in and one foot out of some career for money.

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro
yes, theyre gen x LOL. The gen x literally jsut touched computers in highschool and got a job, they have solidified their place in the industry.

• +1
Oh yeah and ai
AI is another cope used by incompetent people

LLM's typically don't have context for their specific product domain (lack of internal documentation which I struggle with personally at my job) and they largely architect inefficient code that DEFINITELY can't be used at scale or create systems that don't break the rules in the right areas for the given moment because u can break the rules in some areas for increased efficiency... which ultimately produces sloppy and shit code... which is then regurgitated to github, stackoverflow, and back into the training model producing an infinite recursion of inbred dogshit code

great, now you've got a codebase of dogshit code that nobody knows how to debug, including the LLM itself

which is why its supplementally used, not fundamentally

pretty much

• JFL
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel
AI is another cope used by incompetent people

LLM's typically don't have context for their specific product domain (lack of internal documentation which I struggle with personally at my job) and they largely architect inefficient code that DEFINITELY can't be used at scale or create systems that don't break the rules in the right areas for the given moment because u can break the rules in some areas for increased efficiency... which ultimately produces sloppy and shit code... which is then regurgitated to github, stackoverflow, and back into the training model producing an infinite recursion of inbred dogshit code

great, now you've got a codebase of dogshit code that nobody knows how to debug, including the LLM itself

which is why its supplementally used, not fundamentally
have you seen the gemini 1.5 demos using extremely large context windows like 300+ pages worth of stuff i think it will be able to doo it soon. Even in visual stuff sora + genie can probably create 3d worlds wiith interactions by probably next year it can already do it in 2d images

average gen alpha is now 135 iq 6'5 genetically engineered chad with 12 inch cock
If gene editing advances enough this might actually happen:lul::lul:

• Woah
Any degree with high supply will become saturated, oversafurated if there is too much supply for the demand

Which seems like the route CS is on, so it doesn’t seem unlikely

have you seen the gemini 1.5 demos using extremely large context windows like 300+ pages worth of stuff i think it will be able to doo it soon. Even in visual stuff sora + genie can probably create 3d worlds wiith interactions by probably next year it can already do it in 2d images
still, there's the issue of context

you can't transfer the knowledge in someones brain from working at a company for 2 decades into an LLM if there's no documentation, and its not like they're going to sit there and transcript all of that knowledge for it to train on

and again, its just shit code training more shit code

• So Sad
Reactions: gooner23
still, there's the issue of context

you can't transfer the knowledge in someones brain from working at a company for 2 decades into an LLM if there's no documentation, and its not like they're going to sit there and transcript all of that knowledge for it to train on

and again, its just shit code training more shit code
you can train it on already written code if you have access to their codebases, gpt sucks at long term memory while claude has long term memory but it can be wildly inaccurate. current models suffer from it but gemini 1.5 has proven that large enough context shouldnt' be a problem in the future. the only problem is good quality data which depends on the developers but llms can generate data themselves but may not be entirely accurate but probably better than a developer.

shit code training is not a problem because most legacy companies have "shit code" but you wan't to keep it like that if other people have to maintain it especially legacy developers. May not be a fan of their code but it's not entirely shit just a preferred way of coding

you can train it on already written code if you have access to their codebases, gpt sucks at long term memory while claude has long term memory but it can be wildly inaccurate. current models suffer from it but gemini 1.5 has proven that large enough context shouldnt' be a problem in the future. the only problem is good quality data which depends on the developers but llms can generate data themselves but may not be entirely accurate but probably better than a developer.

shit code training is not a problem because most legacy companies have "shit code" but you wan't to keep it like that if other people have to maintain it especially legacy developers. May not be a fan of their code but it's not entirely shit just a preferred way of coding
and if there is no existing code? its a new product?

shit code training is a big problem we have yet to really see play out until a bold company decides to fire 90% of their tech department thinking muh LLM can do it all

and if there is no existing code? its a new product?

shit code training is a big problem we have yet to really see play out until a bold company decides to fire 90% of their tech department thinking muh LLM can do it all
i don't think they will fire a shit ton of people over current llms, but i have a feeling in the next year or two theres a chance, i know a shit ton of current developers who don't use ai, even college students say chat gpt is ass but haven't really used it to its fullest extent and don't realize if you ask the wrong question it might just say no.

a llm could probably architect the entire layout of a new products infrastructure unless it doesn't have access to something like AWS elemental stuff. Its probably llms strongest strength it doesn't have to be in one input could be throughout 100 messages, your not suppose to put an entire line of code into a llm could input it through files cause if you do it gpt will only output like 300 lines max of code

don't think peoeple realize we went from terrible ai photos to photo realistic videos and interactive photos in like 1.5 years and chat gpt was released late 2022.

a llm could probably architect the entire layout of a new products infrastructure unless it doesn't have access to something like AWS elemental stuff. Its probably llms strongest strength it doesn't have to be in one input could be throughout 100 messages, your not suppose to put an entire line of code into a llm could input it through files cause if you do it gpt will only output like 300 lines max of code
i'll believe it when i see it... im still waiting for muh flying cars and self driving

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Fiqh and gooner23
I'm thinking of getting a vs degree but ppl say the job market is fucked
>cs degree
>2024

Brother that is completely overrun by effortmaxxed asians and pajeets, look into other STEM jobs brocel

i'll believe it when i see it... im still waiting for muh flying cars and self driving
self driving is quite far imo will never be possible unless the government does something, way more complicated than people think, a llm will never understand mistakes made by other drivers and sounds way more complex then a sora + genie llm style

I'm thinking of getting a vs degree but ppl say the job market is fucked
People have been asking the same question for years, yet there are still jobs available to this day.

I'll believe it when I see it.