Worth it to get bimax if you need only like 2.5-3mm of linear advancement?

S

salvation

Iron
I have a prominent brow ridge and chin (they are on the same line in the frankfurt plane) but my maxilla is slightly behind it, around 2-3mm or so. Since I have a normal bite I guess both maxilla and mandible are slightly recessed and my chin simply has so much mass that it makes my lower third look forward grown. I had surgery few years ago but my surgeon didn't want to move my jaws because I already had a good bite. They still improved me (and I wasn't charged extra for any procedures he recommended on top like the mini chin wing that fixed my slightly downward grown chin) but my side profile is still lacking because of how "small" my maxilla is (think the complete opposite of "chimp lip" or the bloated maxilla look) despite having a convex philtrum as well as my droopy nose tip (which was raised twice, once during a different surgery as "an extra" and once during a dedicated rhinoplasty where I also got a radix implant). Unfortunately, he retired and recommended me a different surgeon but I don't want to pay over 10k€ with no guarantee that the nose tip will stay raised.

I don't think I need CCW (unless it's possible to only rotate the maxilla in my case) because I already have a straight mandible with a pretty tall ramus and gonial angle (around 116°). My skull is also tall and wide and making my lower third shorter would mess up my facial thirds (currently Chin > Forehead > Mid Face).

So yeah, would it be worth it in my case to get bimax with a small linear advancement only? The angle between my lips and nose is kinda bad, around 79° or so and from what I've read linear advancement should raise it a bit. It wouldn't only be an aesthetic improvement either as I sometimes struggle to breathe properly through my nose (becomes noticably better when I raise the tip slightly with a finger). Moving my maxilla forward would also improve my facial convexity angle from around 171.5° to around 177-178°.

Can't go for more movement than that because my nose bridge is not that projected and I might end looking like this guy https://looksmax.org/threads/how-to-avoid-monke-face-when-getting-bimax.429779/ if I get advanced too much.

@SixCRY While looking through threads I have seen a lot of your high iq posts, would appreciate your opinion

Hi, send me pics DM

It can be worth it or not, it depends

Forget about mesurement and angle, they do help assess aesthetivs but its better to judge with face

4mm lf1 can make big change in the upper, but in the lower 3/4mm is not gonna make any change

• +1
Reactions: Pakicel, nobodyspecial369 and salvation
Hi, send me pics DM

It can be worth it or not, it depends

Forget about mesurement and angle, they do help assess aesthetivs but its better to judge with face

4mm lf1 can make big change in the upper, but in the lower 3/4mm is not gonna make any change
Thoughts on doing linear advancement of maxilla and mandible when you have a flat occlusal plane?