Would something like this be good for training core?

J

johnsmithcel

Diamond
I already do too much in the gym, got no time to isolate abs tbh unless I want to be spending 2 hours in there. I want to buy something like this and train abs on my rest days at home. Training core is also boring as fuck and this would make it a bit more exciting I think:
Screenshot 2023 01 27 231655

I also want to try doing calisthenics and think this would be a good way to start out?
Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: MadTwatter
just get ab wheel

• +1
Reactions: MadTwatter, johnsmithcel and Chinlet Ascension
I already do too much in the gym, got no time to isolate abs tbh unless I want to be spending 2 hours in there.
you can also make your own out of PVC, just google pvc parallettes. they don't need to be as high as in that image

• +1
Reactions: johnsmithcel
I already do too much in the gym, got no time to isolate abs tbh unless I want to be spending 2 hours in there. I want to buy something like this and train abs on my rest days at home. Training core is also boring as fuck and this would make it a bit more exciting I think:
View attachment 2056756

I also want to try doing calisthenics and think this would be a good way to start out?
Thoughts?
na calisthenics can work but your much better doing weights can clearly tell you dont know much as training your abs is pretty much pointless if u rlly wanna look better pinpoint neck shoulders chest and arms most important muscles. still do abs but wont make much difference ur better off just getting lean.

View attachment 2056756

Thoughts?
calisthenic training is a meme because it becomes impossible to overload your muscles after a few months unless you want to do sets of 100 pushups

The "whole body workout" bars are a meme and you'll stop using it after 2 days and it'll serve the next decade as a towel rack.

If you really want to train abs, the best thing is an ab roller (also called an ab wheel)

• +1
Reactions: TitusA
na calisthenics can work but your much better doing weights can clearly tell you dont know much as training your abs is pretty much pointless if u rlly wanna look better pinpoint neck shoulders chest and arms most important muscles. still do abs but wont make much difference ur better off just getting lean.

Training abs is far from pointless.

I personally needed direct work to finally get visible abs even after cutting down to the same low bodyfat time and time before. Abs (rectus femoris) are a muscle just like your delts or chest, and not everyone has the insertions to naturally have abs that protude through even when lean.

If you don’t have abs, you also don’t have an “aesthetic” physique. It’s literaly the first thing that people focus on when seeing you shirtless or in pictures so it makes or breaks you. It’s why bloated gymcels hate the fact that a guy with 10 lbs less muscle than them but has abs, low bodyfat, and muscle definition is far more attractive shirtless and in pictures to women than them.

Obviously they mog them due to lean, chiseled face, but in terms of body appeal, lean with abs and some muscle>jacked but no abs and higher bodyfat

Last edited: